Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is the radio broadcast these days?

hail2skins

Was looking at some comments on Czabe's Twitter thread and someone mentioned that "Suzie Sunshine (Larry) and Cooley were ready to murder someone, if not each other." Another comment indicated that Doc sad that "those that left early have learned their lesson, will maybe think twice next time." God, I hope this was sarcasm. 

57 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Was looking at some comments on Czabe's Twitter thread and someone mentioned that "Suzie Sunshine (Larry) and Cooley were ready to murder someone, if not each other." Another comment indicated that Doc sad that "those that left early have learned their lesson, will maybe think twice next time." God, I hope this was sarcasm. 

Learned what lesson?!?  That they shouldn't have even bothered to go to the game??

Actually tuned in briefly yesterday to see if the delay between radio and TV was still there and to see if there was still any way that Larry was still able to sugar coat the Redskins performance. Best he could do was ask if anyone could have seen how bad the team has become after the great promise during the off season. To which the response was, what great promise? TV announcers did a better job after Guice's TD by saying that this is what 'Skins fans have to look forward to. Just wait 'til next year and another off season full of promise.

I actually caught a bit of the radio broadcast yesterday, for the first time in a long time.  I had to run to pickup some food and turned it on when I hopped in the car.  I can't recall the last time I left during the middle of a Skins game to go do anything, in years past we would have starved until 4:30.

It was some sad, sad stuff.  I feel sorry for the broadcast team trying to do their jobs.  Doc was saying he wished they'd let him go talk to the team at halftime, implying that he'd be screaming and cursing.  I literally don't know what the gang could possibly do to make the broadcast better.  It's just hard when you are calling a bad football game, with two bad teams, in a half empty stadium, in a game nobody cares about.

5 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I’d like to listen to Cooley and those guys on game days, but the delay is terrible.  And yes Doc is old.  Still good to listen to though.  Brian Mitchell always jokes that Doc played with Methuselah. 😂

Interesting they haven't figured that out.  The Eagles have had it synced for a while now.

Is the radio ahead?  If the TV is, pause it a few seconds and it should be close enough!

22 minutes ago, superozman said:

Interesting they haven't figured that out.  The Eagles have had it synced for a while now.

Is the radio ahead?  If the TV is, pause it a few seconds and it should be close enough!

Radio is always ahead about 30 seconds or so, I don't know it that's for censoring or just the technology of TV vs. radio. I actually like it. It's time enough to turn around and look at the TV when I want to see what they're excited about while paying attention to something else.

20 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Radio is always ahead about 30 seconds or so, I don't know it that's for censoring or just the technology of TV vs. radio. I actually like it. It's time enough to turn around and look at the TV when I want to see what they're excited about while paying attention to something else.

I’m the same.

I’m not  paying rapt attn to the game on tv.  This way you can do something productive during the game and then “tune in” if something interesting takes place

Larry Michael is still doing the broadcast. So you still get unbelievably head scratching commentary like "I gotta tell you Cooley, I didn't see this one coming at all" even though anyone who has watched the team this year could have told you this was a very probably outcome.

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Larry Michael is still doing the broadcast. So you still get unbelievably head scratching commentary like "I gotta tell you Cooley, I didn't see this one coming at all" even though anyone who has watched the team this year could have told you this was a very probably outcome.

I mean, picking on Larry is pretty boring at this point.

But I listened to a bit of the postgame show yesterday, and he sounded like he was covering the undefeated Patriots following that Super Bowl loss to the Giants. Just utterly flummoxed that they lost the game.

It made me realize that he is not a corporate shill. He actually truly believes that this team is good and does not understand on any level how they lost to the Jets yesterday.

It was almost poignant.

13 hours ago, superozman said:

The tv is ahead.  Never thought to pause it, that would work.

12 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It made me realize that he is not a corporate shill. He actually truly believes that this team is good and does not understand on any level how they lost to the Jets yesterday.

It was almost poignant.

The Koolaid is strong!

(Because they spiked it with Crown Royal)

Larry is an ****ing tool.  This is how he introduced the segment on Sunday where Riggins predicts the winner:

"Well Riggo, you've been brutally honest with your picks this year.  I'm not sure what your record is, but I know I'm 1-8, because I always pick the Redskins to win."

**** that guy.

• 9 months later...

I'd also be interested in thoughts from those who listened. I heard bits and pieces of the pregame, and I heard some of the highlight calls after the game. Those highlight calls were not good, as everyone was talking over each other. Bram seemed decent,  though, better than I expected. The other two just need to learn to shut up for at least a few seconds and let the play by play guy make his call before babbling. 

In my opinion I thought it was average at best. It sounded a bit like a minor league sports broadcast. Maybe they just need more time to build chemistry.

I think Bram did a good job and has a decent broadcast voice. As creepy of a person as Larry is, the guy had a good voice and delivery. 

D Hall just doesn't compare to Sonny or Cooley but I'm sure will improve.

Julie doesn't add much and sounds out of place. She does a great job moderating a talk  show but not sure about a live game broadcast. 

I think time will tell.

37 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I live in SoCal.  Is there some radio app i can install so that I can listen to the game?  I don't even mind a slight delay.

I didn't listen but I think it's on The Team 980 App which is the IOS version.  Could b wrong though.

Archived