Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Normally Enjoy Redskins Forums

desertbeagle85

It's all related into one vicious cycle when you're consistently losing but the boards are unpleasant as anything right now down to the snide comments and schoolyard side-taking that's prevailing through many threads. 

It's a throwback to the Jason Campbell 'QB Wars' period through which we lost a slew of great posters. Some forcibly removed but many by choice down to the pettiness. 

Hail. 

The worst thing about the forums these days is that 95% of the posts are spam, the same old crap everybody already knows about, people venting the same old stuff over and over. Bad memes and gifs, the same canned thoughts on Bruce, Jay, Manusky, the FO, etc.

There's really nothing new being said.

It's amusing.

I'm more of an ExtremeSkins fan than a Redskins fan as of now...

Though, this season feels a bit like Zorn year 2.. When everyone knows how it will ends... Except back then, it was still fun to follow the team and have fun out of it. Now, it's not really that fun to mock the team, as well, you can't really blame them. Back then, players still seemed to care a little bit. Now, they do not seem to care much anymore, and many are on the inside looking out... Which is a pity...

Last year broke me. ES was all I really paid attention to, until a few games after Alex broke. Hell, I didn't even know we signed Collins. 

I'm loving this year. No hope! Theres some pretty bright players on the team. Our drafting is improving. I hate seeing our defense get clowned, but want to lose. 

This is the first season in years that I've honestly enjoyed.

I love dogs too and my house is a rescue. I've got 12 now, but had 43 at one point. 

One thing that is really annoying me about this team, other than sucking, is their delusion to how bad they are.  Even the players are like this.

Morgan Moses was on the Junkies today and he won't own up to his mistake on the one play yesterday where he didn't go on the snap, and Keenum was sacked.  Then he goes on to say how good and talented the team is.  

For once I would like someone on the Redskins to say "YES WE ****ING SUCK AND ITS PISSING ME OFF, WE NEED TO DO BETTER" or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, The Red and the Black said:

Without Dan Snyder, there would be no more Redskins.  As soon as he sells the team, the new owner will change the name to placate the PC police.  If that ever happens, I will curse the team and despise them forever.

So all we can do is hope that Dan finally matures into a good owner.

No chance in Hell, Austin...

46 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The worst thing about the forums these days is that 95% of the posts are spam, the same old crap everybody already knows about, people venting the same old stuff over and over. Bad memes and gifs, the same canned thoughts on Bruce, Jay, Manusky, the FO, etc.

There's really nothing new being said.

It's amusing.

As was being talked about in the gameday thread, nobody gives a hoot to talk about whether Roullier's going to be the answer at Center, how Flowers is holding up and his future at guard, how Jimmy Moreland is looking, or any of that kind of stuff.  Not because the fans are stupid, but because the organization is so utterly dreadful and unlikable that nobody really cares to talk about the future because it's so hopeless.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As was being talked about in the gameday thread, nobody gives a hoot to talk about whether Roullier's going to be the answer at Center, how Flowers is holding up and his future at guard, how Jimmy Moreland is looking, or any of that kind of stuff.  Not because the fans are stupid, but because the organization is so utterly dreadful and unlikable that nobody really cares to talk about the future because it's so hopeless.

I think there is a percentage that is interested in talking about those types of topics and I appreciate their content but it gets drowned out by the larger contingent of ES who don't really care about the team anymore they are just here to spam and they are a mix of the upset, disturbed, and obsessive with a sprinkle of crazy in there.

9 hours ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Definitely not as fun as winning.. The RGiii rookie campaign was some good times. Some will woe is me about the owner (and BA) and think we will NEVER win.. PLENTY OF ASSHAT OWNERS FIND SUCCESS!!  For me, I see it and accept it.. Every year week in week out I sustain hope, even when its  bleak. Sip the koolaid knowing its likely spiked with rat poison... I dont know any other way, and am good with it. Just like 2012, I was already on the wagon when folks were dusting their jersies off LOL

HTTR

*catching is definitely better then fishing... But I still fish all the same

i agree that there are plenty of POS owners.  However I am at a loss to see any owner in the NFL (or pro sports overall) who display all of the despicable traits of Snyder to include:

1. Never, ever talking to the media or the fans.

2. Employing completely incompetent yes men to run the football operations (Allen, Vinny, etc) for long periods based only on friendship (or perhaps blackmail)

3. Never once reaching out to fans to get their feedback or suggestions (as a matter of fact he treats fans as if they are North Korean citizens).

4. Always trying to make the next big splash but never owning it & hiding behind his lackeys to avoid criticism when it goes wrong.

5. Never - ever - learning from his mistakes in spite of 20+ years of huge mistakes that are made very clear to him.

6. Never truly obtaining any success in 20 years during a time where just about every other team has had some true success (& for a franchise that had tons of success before him).

7. Always treating the fans like dirt by increasing costs, maintaining a POS stadium, cracking down on even a hint of criticism,  etc, etc.

Honestly - some owners may have some of these traits but not all of them.  In his own town all of the teams but one have had very good recent success.  Even the Wizards have had better success, have recently reorganized their front office & their owner always reaches out to the fans for feedback on how to improve.

I am with you on living with this and continuing to root for the team.  However it is tough when you know that it is most likely hopeless since Snyder will always do certain things that will result in failure.  He is quite possibly the worst owner in sports & yes you can ignore it, but really how long can you continue to subject yourself to this type of torture?  Oh well - I guess that I am a glutton for punishment.

47 minutes ago, purbeast said:

One thing that is really annoying me about this team, other than sucking, is their delusion to how bad they are.  Even the players are like this.

Morgan Moses was on the Junkies today and he won't own up to his mistake on the one play yesterday where he didn't go on the snap, and Keenum was sacked.  Then he goes on to say how good and talented the team is.  

For once I would like someone on the Redskins to say "YES WE ****ING SUCK AND ITS PISSING ME OFF, WE NEED TO DO BETTER" or something along those lines.

If you ****ing suck then you can't do better.  Teams who actually think they're bad but think they can somehow get better results are more delusion than teams who say "we're better than the results we're getting."

I've been less involved with the Skins this season. I've watched the games but have been more detached emotionally from it.

Ironically, I've probably spent more time on ES, since there's been a coaching change and rookie QB to discuss.

I'm starting to question the point, since the evidence is becoming overwhelming that Snyder isn't going to grow into his role.

10 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

We've got absolutely nothing good to talk about with this team.

Actually we do...but when anyone attempts to do so they get responses acknowledging those positives but with a lot of negativity. For example, someone on this thread mentions how Terry McLaurin is something good about this team we can talk about. The response?

10 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Even with Mclaurin it's one player and you saw what he did today. I love the kid and his attitude. He's great but let's be clear. He'll want out of here soon enough. You heard him he's never lost 2 games in a row. Well that was until he came here that is.

Could have talked about his route running, his maturity, his leadership personality, how he looks to finally be a drafted WR for the Skins who could develop into a #1, how if Haskins develops into a legit starter we could have them paired up for the next 10 years...etc, etc.

Instead, you chose instead to talk about an imagined future scenario in which he bolts at the first chance he gets because he sees the team exactly the same way fans do. You basically said, "Even if there are good things to discuss about the team, why bother?"

3 hours ago, The Red and the Black said:

Without Dan Snyder, there would be no more Redskins.  As soon as he sells the team, the new owner will change the name to placate the PC police.  If that ever happens, I will curse the team and despise them forever.

So all we can do is hope that Dan finally matures into a good owner.

Dan‘s stoicism throughout his battle v the pc police has been admirable; He is our moral North Star.

Kind of hard to be positive about this team, plus part of being a fan is expressing frustration. 

I mean think about it... Pats fans get to throw a fit if Brady throws an incompletion.  We do the same thing but for totally different reasons.  

It's so easy to find some clever way to "diss" the team, a player or group of players, the FO, the scouts, the "GM", the Owner, the training staff, the medical staff, the price of beer, the price of parking, the quality of the field, the numbers of visiting opponent's fans, the stadium noise, the various coaches, the ex-players, the injured players, the ex-FO, the refs, the pre-season training facilities, the trades, the FA signings, the draft-picks, the coaches decisions on who to start, the play-schemes, the timeouts, the coaches challenges, the two-minute drill, the half-time adjustments, etc.  I'm sure that's what opponent franchise's fans do when discussing the Skins.

Perhaps, in the end, one needs to consider whether they are an ExtremeSkins fan, or an ExtremeSkins critic.  Right now, the latter's band-wagon is a little crowded.  Still, as disappointing as the last year's have been,  I'd prefer to be a fan over a constant critic and doomsayer.  It's a more positive approach, and who knows what the tide might bring in?  

16 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Perhaps, in the end, one needs to consider whether they are an ExtremeSkins fan, or an ExtremeSkins critic.  Right now, the latter's band-wagon is a little crowded.  Still, as disappointing as the last year's have been,  I'd prefer to be a fan over a constant critic and doomsayer.  It's a more positive approach, and who knows what the tide might bring in?  

This comes across as another fan card pulling attempt.  That may not be what it meant but if you are still here posting about the team making you miserable rooting for them, you're a diehard who jus jsnt dead yet.  A diehard isnt who spends the most money, its who's left when it feels there no reason left.

If people want to vent, I'm fine with it, its comradery at this point.  Go to any therapist and they will tell you at some point it is unhealthy to not keep what's happening to you in context and denying how bad it actually is.  This is worse then it looks, and if folks come here to help get through it, it's better then telling them to leave, because they wont come back.

We arent in a position to be calling folks bandwagoners.  God, I wish Snyder read this site, different conversation possibly.

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This comes across as another fan card pulling attempt.  That may not be what it meant but if you are still here posting about the team making you miserable rooting for them, you're a diehard who jus jsnt dead yet.  A diehard isnt who spends the most money, its who's left when it feels there no reason left.

If people want to vent, I'm fine with it, its comradery at this point.  Go to any therapist and they will tell you at some point it is unhealthy to not keep what's happening to you in context and denying how bad it actually is.  This is worse then it looks, and if folks come here to help get through it, it's better then telling them to leave, because they wont come back.

We arent in a position to be calling folks bandwagoners.  God, I wish Snyder read this site, different conversation possibly.

the comradery of excluding and mocking anyone who comes here with something positive to say

28 minutes ago, carex said:

the comradery of excluding and mocking anyone who comes here with something positive to say

I mean... both sides do the same thing. 

You know what makes this go away? Talk about the game. Talk about the things you see that are good and bad. Be honest with yourself and others. And people will follow suit.

There is more negativity here... not because people are bad fans... and for those that are positive, blindly following the team isn’t being a good fan.

The truth is in the gray. The people that think through their opinions. The ones who try to explain why they see things positive or negative.

There is no such thing as a good or a bad fan. There is perception of other fans and that’s it. If you’re a fan, you’re a fan and you’re here.

There is a difference between being positive and just being willfully ignorant.

Some fans believe they are being ‘true’ fans because they remain positive and loyal.

Some of us believe that being vocal in our disdain is infectious and may help to promote positive change. 

What Dan and the positive guys need to be concerned with is when those vocal in their disdain no longer care enough to be vocal.

Archived