Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Normally Enjoy Redskins Forums

desertbeagle85

@carex

You read this post & liked the brilliant ESer who was dismissive of it. I thought you were against people being dismissive, very passive aggressive forum move, disappointing.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:28 PM, volsmet said:

Imo, we are below average at:

OL

QB

WR

LB

CB

HC

Stadium

Owner

Sexy ES mods

Speaking of being positive, I was out on an island on these two positive evaluations in August.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:12 PM, volsmet said:

QD has all pro potential.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, volsmet said:

It appears Flowers will be the best lg we have had in quite some time.

49 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Injuries aren’t why we are the worst team in the nfl, obviously. Almost every team has had major set backs.... New Orleans lost Drew Brees...and now Kamara, Carolina is playing an udfa rookie at QB, SF lost their best OL, Indi watched Andrew Luck retire, NE is missing 40% of their OL, GB is missing their only outside threat... all are positioned to make the playoffs.

I went through where I rated each of our position groups & that was dismissed by a couple, including poster @Bonez3.

I went into detail about why we’d be precisely who we are. 

tell me, what post?

Anyway, we have talent and they definitely quit on Gruden. Gutty win vs Miami and last week in a monsoon they showed grit. 

We need a few pieces on the O-line, TE & secondary. Get that draft capital and develop Haskins. 

I would love to draft to O lineman in the first round (with T. Williams pick) and fill in the rest with TE/DB

1 minute ago, Bonez3 said:

tell me, what post?

Anyway, we have talent and they definitely quit on Gruden. Gutty win vs Miami and last week in a monsoon they showed grit. 

We need a few pieces on the O-line, TE & secondary. Get that draft capital and develop Haskins. 

I would love to draft to O lineman in the first round (with T. Williams pick) and fill in the rest with TE/DB

The post you were dismissive of is above - the places I asserted that we were below average. Looks like a solid 8 for 8.

We have some talent, we could get competitive fairly quickly with the right hires at HC & GM. 

Just now, volsmet said:

The post you were dismissive of is above - the places I asserted that we were below average. Looks like a solid 8 for 8.

We have some talent, we could get competitive fairly quickly with the right hires at HC & GM. 

Great, you were shooting fish in a barrel. 

Hard t truly judge players that quit on their coach. I want to see where we're at in December. We certainly have needs and need draft capital and some young FA's. But yea, I agree, there are some fast tracks to competitiveness. 

Of course, so much depends on Haskins

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

but what was your justification for those calls.  I mean on 8/23 we still thought Josh Doctson might make the team and had no idea how long Reed's concussion would keep him out

9 hours ago, carex said:

but what was your justification for those calls.  I mean on 8/23 we still thought Josh Doctson might make the team and had no idea how long Reed's concussion would keep him out

LOL.  And at that time many thought that Williams would be back after missing a game or two, Guice would be part of 3 headed monster at RB, defense would be one of the better ones in the NFL, Haskins would be starting within a month or so, etc, etc, etc. 

Sadly - it is the same story with this team just about every year - we are at a low pt at the end of the season, the team makes some flashy moves to encourage us in the offseason & then we are let down once again in the regular season.  Wash, rinse & repeat.  I would love to be wrong about this formula at some pt in the not too distant future.  Please.....

10 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

LOL.  And at that time many thought that Williams would be back after missing a game or two, Guice would be part of 3 headed monster at RB, defense would be one of the better ones in the NFL, Haskins would be starting within a month or so, etc, etc, etc. 

Sadly - it is the same story with this team just about every year - we are at a low pt at the end of the season, the team makes some flashy moves to encourage us in the offseason & then we are let down once again in the regular season.  Wash, rinse & repeat.  I would love to be wrong about this formula at some pt in the not too distant future.  Please.....

the team didn't do much particularly flashy this off season, drafted a QB who wasn't likely to start immediately, most of the expectation just came from people getting healthy

1 hour ago, dicksogj said:

59D4EE5B-8FA1-4EB4-8081-92EBA6389066.gif

I understand where the op is coming from...I haven't even seen swflskins this year..maybe once or twice..its definitely taken its toll on fans...theres still a core group of fans here though that make this place great to come to..everyone that puts in there time and effort to provide me information for what I call my favorite football team..the Redskins...this whole knowing for a fact the Patriots will represent the superbowl every ****ing year is realy taking a toll on me by being a fan of the nfl and the Redskins.

I can look past the yucky performances by the refs and enjoy each football season..I noticed a poster basically backing me up on that absolute bull **** ref getting in the way preventing the forced fumble play..Ive seen plenty o times where refs were still backtracking getting out of the way when the ball was snapped and they allowed the play to continue...back on track..even this year I've seen quite a few awesome games..yes the refs ****ed over the saints already this year and they screwed the lions..and it's a shame for those teams and fans..it really is...but I get past it and on to the next weekend of football.

Despite the Patriots putting a damper on the passion that I have for the nfl I still love the game, enough to say "yes I have a favorite football team" its unfortunate that my favorite team is horrible but there still my favorite football team and it is a hobbie of mine I have always enjoyed, win or lose.

Extremeskins is the only place I can get my "Facebook" on. I dont facebook or Twitter or anything else..so while the redskins are a dumpster fire at least the place I call home on the ol world wide web is still great!..thanks eerrebody!!

1 hour ago, carex said:

the team didn't do much particularly flashy this off season, drafted a QB who wasn't likely to start immediately, most of the expectation just came from people getting healthy

Well - not over the top flashy, but they made a big deal about the Collins signing & drafting Haskins.  We saw more of Bruce Allen on TV then probably during the rest of his time combined.  The pt being we were being sold that this team was heading in the rt direction & might actually contend for a playoff spot.  Several people bought into this to some degree - me included.  Do you really believe that most folks thought that Haskins would ride the pine for the for most/all of the season?

55 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

...this whole knowing for a fact the Patriots will represent the superbowl every ****ing year is realy taking a toll on me by being a fan of the nfl and the Redskins.

Any Super Bowl that the Patriots are in the Redskins could also be in. The Patriots have 0 effect on the NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

So you are left with the fact that the Redskins (Doofus Dan Snyder and Brewse) just suck.

In fact there hasn't been a SB dominant NFC team since the 80-90s when it was 49ers/Redskins/Cowboys/Giants/Packers.

The Redskins could be in one easily, but we're now the old Detroit Lions or St Louis Cardinals, actually maybe more like the 1980s version of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Except I don't believe that our clowns would actually be smart enough to draft the next Steve Young and then screw it up.

They'd draft Jeff George though.

16 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Any Super Bowl that the Patriots are in the Redskins could also be in. The Patriots have 0 effect on the NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

So you are left with the fact that the Redskins (Doofus Dan Snyder and Brewse) just suck.

In fact there hasn't been a SB dominant NFC team since the 80-90s when it was 49ers/Redskins/Cowboys/Giants/Packers.

The Redskins could be in one easily, but we're now the old Detroit Lions or St Louis Cardinals, actually maybe more like the 1980s version of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Except I don't believe that our clowns would actually be smart enough to draft the next Steve Young and then screw it up.

They'd draft Jeff George though.

Ya..not sure ya get my point.. same goes for any team in the NFC.. so each year it's okay so we know for a fact it will be the Patriots and it will be one of a handful of teams in the NFC.. like I said before each year at training camp or preseason I put the Redskins representing the NFC each year this year last year the year before 5 years from now and it's so very well could be the Redskins representing the NFC.. knowing the Patriots will be in it each year is stupid I hate it and it's ugly it's gotten real old since 2001 yeah it's old

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

knowing the Patriots will be in it each year is stupid I hate it and it's ugly it's gotten real old since 2001 yeah it's old

What's even older?

The Redskins being a steaming 💩 joke of a team with an owner that everyone else laughs about because he has no ****ing clue what he is doing and he's been doing it since Bill Clinton was president.

When this clown bought the team I was about 8 years out of high school, now I'm about 18 years from 65. We haven't won **** the entire time.

It's all Doofus Dans fault, not Belichick, Brady, Kraft, or anyone else's fault. It's always been the same clown who said from day one that he really doesn't have a plan. Which also means that he has no clue as well.

35 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

What's even older?

The Redskins being a steaming 💩 joke of a team with an owner that everyone else laughs about because he has no ****ing clue what he is doing and he's been doing it since Bill Clinton was president.

When this clown bought the team I was about 8 years out of high school, now I'm about 18 years from 65. We haven't won **** the entire time.

It's all Doofus Dans fault, not Belichick, Brady, Kraft, or anyone else's fault. It's always been the same clown who said from day one that he really doesn't have a plan. Which also means that he has no clue as well.

I'm starting to think your not picking up what I'm laying down man..lol..I know the skins are a dumpster fire..dan and bruce suck big time... I'm completely over the Patriots dynasty is what I'm trying to get at it's making each football season Lamer and Lamer

On 10/20/2019 at 11:44 PM, desertbeagle85 said:

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time even enjoying the forums. I normally like coming in here and going back and forth with Skins fans. At this point though what is there even to talk about. I mean when I look at this team and organization it just downs me.

We've got absolutely nothing good to talk about with this team. I think the hardest part is knowing that there is no direction with this team. The future doesn't even look bright. It's just sad and personally takes a joy out of something I look forward to every year. Just to be disappointed every year. I want to point out it has nothing to do with the forums. This is one of the best ran sites when it comes to bsing about sports. I'm just getting to the point where I'm wondering what's the point anymore with this team. 

Maybe this shouldn't have been a thread I just feel like this team has finally broke me.

I've been on ES since day 1. Been a fan since Superbowl 22.  I love it here. Yes, it's true the Skins haven't given me much joy. I've posted more in the tailgate. If we track tailgate posts, my post count would probably be triple what it is.

I've adjusted my expectations for the Redskins. Dan will probably live another 25 to 30 years. I am 51. So, the Skins will never be a consistent winner in my lifetime.

I've accepted that fact. I expect a coaching change on average, every 4 to 5 years. Year 1 will be a disappointment,  as team adjusts to new coach.  The playoff window will be years 2 and 3. If we are lucky, we get 2 playoff years but at least 1. It all falls apart in year 4 or 5 and coach gets fired. Rinse and repeat, forever. The only way this team goes to a Superbowl, is if it goes on a hot streak. The team will never be a consistent winner under Dan.

Dan could hire a real gm and let them do their job. Honestly, how long will that last? Maybe a couple of years before Dan starts interfering and undermine that gm. My guess it wouldn't last more than 3-4 years before the gm is fired or departs. Dan can't change his stripes and at some point, he will revert to his usual self.

So, that is the life of a Redskin fan under Synder. I am to old to change, so I will remain a fan. If I was half my age, I would bail and find  another team.

Dan will never sell. For you younger fans, you will have to wait until Dan dies; to see consistent winning Skins football. You hope his kids are better  or they sell the team to a good owner.

If you come to state of acceptance I did, you will be fine. If not, especially the younger fans; it maybe time to move on. There are 31 other teams. For those in the D.C. area; the nearby Ravens will probably win another couple of Super bowls in Dan's lifetime.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, volsmet said:

Where were the fish when you were shooting?

1AAA6FF7-B9C2-4741-9494-6BA9EB86C9B8.jpeg

I was wrong about CB, and only slightly off the mark at LB. OL (with TW) is not below average. Average maybe, but not below. If we get a couple picks for him (see Houston Texans for value) and draft a OL in 1st round, we will be very much average to above. 

CB has been bad. We have injuries but need talent for sure.

LB's are definitely average. I'll stick to that.

14 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I was wrong about CB, and only slightly off the mark at LB. OL (with TW) is not below average. Average maybe, but not below. If we get a couple picks for him (see Houston Texans for value) and draft a OL in 1st round, we will be very much average to above. 

CB has been bad. We have injuries but need talent for sure.

LB's are definitely average. I'll stick to that.

Make no mistake, our oline is very bad right now. The only reason it looks passable is because of the way the games have played out the past 2 weeks. 

And even with Trent it will still look bad because the cohesion is not there and we have serious issues at coaching and quarterback.

44 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

We have injuries but need talent for sure.

Bruce has contamined ESers more than I ever thought he will...

We're drafting and going after players with huge injuries histories, then we blame our bad luck on injuries...

Luck, good or bad, doesn't exists.

Archived