Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

^ He says he would vote "no" on a young owner buying a team like he did.  Wish other owners would have done the same with him.. Ive heard it was a concern other owners had at the time.  Its hard to not wonder what could have been with literally anyone else as the owner.

How funny (in a very sad way) is it that he says the way he runs the Redskins team is by "selecting a quality GM and letting them do their thing".  

fffhttps://www.footballoutsiders.com/DVOA Playoff Odds Report

To Win Super Bowl To Make Playoffs To Win No. 1 Pick
1   26.0% 1   99.9% 1   35.7%
2   19.0% 2   98.6% 2   32.5%
3   15.8% 3   97.1% 3   15.2%
4   11.3% 4   93.1% 4   7.0%
5   7.3% 5   90.8% 5   5.6%

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/

Redskins have the third best shot according to football outsiders to get the #1 pick

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

fffhttps://www.footballoutsiders.com/DVOA Playoff Odds Report

To Win Super Bowl To Make Playoffs To Win No. 1 Pick
1   26.0% 1   99.9% 1   35.7%
2   19.0% 2   98.6% 2   32.5%
3   15.8% 3   97.1% 3   15.2%
4   11.3% 4   93.1% 4   7.0%
5   7.3% 5   90.8% 5   5.6%

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/

Redskins have the third best shot according to football outsiders to get the #1 pick

The most depressing part about having such a high pick?  We don’t have a high 2nd rounder this year because of the Montez Sweat trade up last year.....

37 minutes ago, chaaarmndr said:

The most depressing part about having such a high pick?  We don’t have a high 2nd rounder this year because of the Montez Sweat trade up last year.....

Id say the most depressing part about having such a high pick is who will be making that pick for the organization.

5 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

If we somehow managed to get the #1 pick, we should be trading back big time.

Hopefully, we get something for TW in the 1st or 2nd, so we could do OK if we make solid, smart picks.

Obviously, we're hosed and will make ridiculous picks.

If we managed to get the #1 pick I'd guess it would be either Cincy or Miami with the 2nd pick. In that scenario my hope would be that BOTH of them were in love with Tua which would mean they might get in a bidding war to move up and get him. I'd let them fight a bit and then eventually give the 1st up to whoever had the 2nd overall pick and then use that on the best player in the draft (Chase Young) and get some nice extra picks in the trade that we can use. I wouldn't want to move down to 3 because I'd be worried about whoever is at 2 saying "**** it" and taking Young instead of another QB like Burrow.

Lets think about this for a minute. What incentive does Callahan have to lose out if he's trying to win to become the next head coach (assuming that's the case)? I think there's a solid chance we beat the Jets and possibly even Dallas in week 17 if they have the division clinched by then.  The only chance we have of losing out is if we really just suck every week from here on out and I think that's a tall task. 

I just think there's too much talent on this team, and pride with the Bama boys, to tank out. Just my opinion.

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If we managed to get the #1 pick I'd guess it would be either Cincy or Miami with the 2nd pick. In that scenario my hope would be that BOTH of them were in love with Tua which would mean they might get in a bidding war to move up and get him. I'd let them fight a bit and then eventually give the 1st up to whoever had the 2nd overall pick and then use that on the best player in the draft (Chase Young) and get some nice extra picks in the trade that we can use. I wouldn't want to move down to 3 because I'd be worried about whoever is at 2 saying "**** it" and taking Young instead of another QB like Burrow.

This would be the absolute ideal situation....trade back with Miami and take a bunch of those extra picks they just picked up earlier this season. Then trade Trent for more picks and get down to business....build that offensive line up and grab the kid from OSU on defense and we are talking instant turnaround given the right hire for head coach and an improved DH. Now back to my crack pipe. 

17 minutes ago, dyst said:

Literally anyone other than Snyder would have been better. Weren’t the Lerners part of the bidding process too. This guy just doesn’t get it.

The other owners saw this coming from a mile away and couldn't wait to get him on board.

20 years later and Redskins fans are still scratching their heads wondering what happened.

Well that's what happened. The owners approved Doofus Dan who didn't even have the cash to buy the team up front in the first place.

18 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

How funny (in a very sad way) is it that he says the way he runs the Redskins team is by "selecting a quality GM and letting them do their thing".  

Yep & yet over the last several years they are one of the few NFL teams that doesn't have an actual GM.  Let's say that they are dead set on keeping Allen.  OK - so how come after they fired Scott M they didn't hire a replacement GM?  Why was it needed in those seasons but not now?  I think that perhaps that decision was very deliberate so that Allen could still have more power yet still be able to deflect criticism towards others since there is no clearcut GM - what a joke.

15 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

Yep & yet over the last several years they are one of the few NFL teams that doesn't have an actual GM.  Let's say that they are dead set on keeping Allen.  OK - so how come after they fired Scott M they didn't hire a replacement GM?  Why was it needed in those seasons but not now?  I think that perhaps that decision was very deliberate so that Allen could still have more power yet still be able to deflect criticism towards others since there is no clearcut GM - what a joke.

No, they elevated Doug Williams to that position so they can send him out to take bullets for the organization, while leaving him out of big roster decisions (i.e., Alex Smith). 

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

How's that brand now, Dan.

Bragging about his marketing expertise - lol!  What marketing expert doesn't address the public or the media if not directly then via his delegate (e.g. Allen).  Snyder's personality seems to be more of an engineer than someone with a marketing background.  At a minimum he could do these type of softball interviews once a year.

Also if he is such a marketing genius then why is the organization so bad at PR?  Even during horrible times like now they don't even make a real effort to address the fans & their concerns.  I am sorry but having a yearly draft party & using Larry Michael to prop up your team is not nearly enough.  They need to at least humor the fans & pretend like they give a crap.

6 minutes ago, Bantu said:

No, they elevated Doug Williams to that position so they can send him out to take bullets for the organization, while leaving him out of big roster decisions (i.e., Alex Smith). 

Nope - Williams actual position is SR VP of Player Personnel - not GM (& probably very deliberate that he is not an actual GM).

Also  regardless of Williams' title you never see the Redskins actual portray him as the person with final say in personnel moves (like they did with Scott M).  It is always very vague & they leave you hanging in terms of whether Williams was the one ultimately responsible for any of these decisions (most folks probably assume that Allen has that role).  Just so dysfunctional.  

People like Snyder hear negativity and simply think it's people being nothing more than a hater. Some of our so-called fans do the same thing. If you bash the team (rightfully so), they don't intelligently discuss your post, but instead try to pounce on you as the poster. This is the type of owner we have to deal with. A thin-skinned, head in the sand/cloud, non-football intelligence type of owner who is still relativity young.

Archived