Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

The title changed!  That's the spirit!  

Jets and Giants should be the only ones that may be tricky.  I say 2-14.  I am down for Young since I don't think any of the QB's are jumping out at me as franchise changers.  Worst case scenario if Haskins is a bust then Smith can handle a year or two and we can draft another QB in the 3rd rd and hope for Russell Wilson success.  2nd round you can get a LT and hopefully add a few more weapons for the offense in FA.  

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Watching Cleveland lose to Denver, with it the realization that the Trent trade any sane FO would have made, would at least have meant the possibility we could have gotten both a franchise QB and Chase Young.

But we're damn close though. LOL.

15 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Watching Cleveland lose to Denver, with it the realization that the Trent trade any sane FO would have made, would at least have meant the possibility we could have gotten both a franchise QB and Chase Young.

This is going to be a raw wound for many of us likely for the next 10-15 years (Knowing we'd  probably have had an additional top 10 pick in one of the stronger drafts).

30 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

This is assuming having one of the best LTs protecting Mayfield wouldn't have added a few Ws. OL has been their biggest weakness so it's likely they play a lot better with Trent, but I get it.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

This is assuming having one of the best LTs protecting Mayfield wouldn't have added a few Ws. OL has been their biggest weakness so it's likely they play a lot better with Trent, but I get it.

I said possible, not even likely. But Mayfield looks lost out there right now and Kitchens even more clueless. So I'm not sure how much of a difference Trent would have made. 

Assuming he even stayed healthy.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Raiders from what I recall didn’t have a killer D line though. The Bears have a killer interior. You add Mack to that and their defense was elevated. The 49ers have a really good interior.  Added Bosa and now it’s special.

Chase Young on an island wouldn’t do much. Young with Allen and Payne and hopefully emerging Sweat can be really really good.

Sure, but Chicago is what 4-4? 3-5? San Fran has also played an incredibly week schedule. They’re good but not this good and I guarantee it’s the defense that ends up letting them down.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sure, but Chicago is what 4-4? 3-5? San Fran has also played an incredibly week schedule. They’re good but not this good and I guarantee it’s the defense that ends up letting them down.

Right now, Chicago is 3-5 and Oakland is 4-4. So right now, Chicago's pick (10) from Mack trade is a higher one than Oakland's (16).

4 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Right now, Chicago is 3-5 and Oakland is 4-4. So right now, Chicago's pick (10) from Mack trade is a higher one than Oakland's (16).

At this point, unless you have an absolutely elite defense, like Denver did, like Baltimore did, like Tampa did, if you don’t have some semblance of balance then you’re not winning. As much As I love Young, he doesn’t make this defense elite, not with that secondary. I’d rather work on improving the offense to mediocre or better.

16 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The Bears were really good last year.    But yeah if you got no QB you'll stink. so yeah I don't mean Young in lieu of having no passing game.  You need both.  We need Haskins to be the goods.  

Wow this thread took a turn for the worse..is what it is I guess 

4 hours ago, posse87 said:

Honestly I could care less if they get the #1 pick. Dissecting all the scenarios on how they could possibly get the First pick is a loser mentality. Until there are adults running the organization the results will be the same. It’s the definition of insanity. 

Wholy **** I had that poster when I was a kid..your avatar

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point, unless you have an absolutely elite defense, like Denver did, like Baltimore did, like Tampa did, if you don’t have some semblance of balance then you’re not winning. As much As I love Young, he doesn’t make this defense elite, not with that secondary. I’d rather work on improving the offense to mediocre or better.

Yes he absolutely does. Our Dline is going to be elite. Our ILBs are solid and young. Apke has looked great in 2 first games and Collins is a monster leading in tackles. Dunbar is solid and some of the young guns look promising. Norman blows. If not for Apke, they score at least one more TD. 

You replace Kerrigan, who they keep dropping into ****ing coverage, but is aged and this defense ****ing explodes. 

Our defensive coaching is absolutely atrocious. We had a more talented defense today and Frazier won this game anyway. 

Manusky is an imbicile. An imbicile. It's a waste of a ton of talent.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yes he absolutely does. Our Dline is going to be elite. Our ILBs are solid and young. Apke has looked great in 2 first games and Collins is a monster leading in tackles. Dunbar is solid and some of the young guns look promising. Norman blows. If not for Apke, they score at least one more TD. 

You replace Kerrigan, who they keep dropping into ****ing coverage, but is aged and this defense ****ing explodes. 

Our defensive coaching is absolutely atrocious. We had a more talented defense today and Frazier won this game anyway. 

Manusky is an imbicile. An imbicile. It's a waste of a ton of talent.

I think we have a lot of talent on the DLine, but after that its a wasteland.  You never want your safety to be leading in tackles.  Apke has been invisible at best this season.  We have one good CB in Dunbar.  Our ILB are not solid, and are in fact really poor, and almost our weakest position on a 1-8 team that is weak everywhere.

I hate Manusky twice as much as the next guy, but there are major talent holes on the defense past the front 5.  Id say only 2 of the 6 behind that are players a good defense would actually want starting.  But a top 5 defense would be 15th in the league with a terrible DC, not 25th.

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

I think we have a lot of talent on the DLine, but after that its a wasteland.  You never want your safety to be leading in tackles.  Apke has been invisible at best this season.  We have one good CB in Dunbar.  Our ILB are not solid, and are in fact really poor, and almost our weakest position on a 1-8 team that is weak everywhere.

I hate Manusky twice as much as the next guy, but there are major talent holes on the defense past the front 5.  Id say only 2 of the 6 behind that are players a good defense would actually want starting.  But a top 5 defense would be 15th in the league with a terrible DC, not 25th.

Holcombe is ranked as a top 25 rookie. SDH has been good. Outside backers have not. Collins is awesome. You dont always want to hear your FS name. Norman got picked on all day and they got nothing out of it. Hes doing his job really well for only a few starts.

Manusky has Kerrigan and Sweat in coverage, while Frazier is sending overload blitzes. The DCs made this game.

3 hours ago, mudpig said:

The title changed!  That's the spirit!  

I know how to be not emotional and be logic too...lol :)

Here is the current draft order (really need the Bangles to win some and the Fins, Atlanta and the Jets too. 

PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS

STREAK

1 0-8 .000 -- .539 Lost 8

2 1-8 .111 0.5 .542 Lost 3

3 1-7 .125 1.0 .473 Lost 3

4 1-7 .125 1.0 .481 Won 1

5 1-7 .125 1.0 .604 Lost 6

6 2-6 .250 2.0 .459 Lost 4

7 2-6 .250 2.0 .496 Lost 4

8 2-6 .250 2.0 .556 Lost 4

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I think he would make our defensive front elite, which would make the ILBs jobs easier, and would make the secondary's job easier. You aren't going to be able to fill every hole on your team; it's just not possible outside of a few rare and short lived instances when you hit on a bunch of draft picks. But I'd much rather have a superstar who not only has to be game planned around but also turns one of your units from very good into a force of nature than fill multiple holes with decent players. IMO that's what Young would bring. 

When your front is that good, it changes the entire nature of the game. The offense has to change their game plan, they have to leave more guys in to block, the secondary doesn't have to keep their guys from getting open for an eternity, you can leave more guys in coverage if your front can get to the QB on their own (not that Manusky blitzes anyway), and your ILBs will be more free to get to the ball and make plays. It's all a snowball effect. 

Of course, as I said earlier, this is all predicated on us getting an actual competent DC next season. 

The only teams that win championships either have an elite defense, a HoF QB or, for some reason, an NFC East team. Nothing else wins.

Chase would definitely make our front 7 formidable, but the absolute lack of talent on the back end means a team can just leave an extra blocker back there and QBs would still be able to complete at a 69-70% clip.

This is the next opponent and they got 2 weeks to prepare for them, too.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-adam-gase-lose-to-dolphins-20191103-t4wqvvto3bdh3hzkr4fb4o32g4-story.html

We’re 1-7,” Gase said. “Feels like crap.”

The Jets have been an unmitigated disaster under Gase’s watch, a collection of lost souls led by a blind man in the forest. Calling this team a dumpster fire is an affront to dumpster fires everywhere.

Oh, no. This is much worse. This is a plague spread by a man who has proven incapable of leading a trick-or-treating expedition, let alone a professional football team.

In the span of nine forgettable weeks, Gase managed to stain his young franchise quarterback. Sam Darnold looks like a rookie rather than the guy who was trending up by the end of his actual rookie season.

Sam Darnold and the Jets offense couldn't outscore the Dolphins. (Lynne Sladky/AP)

The Jets look like an undisciplined mess after racking up 10 penalties for 105 yards en route to losing to a team whose organizational philosophy is to LOSE ON PURPOSE to get the next great franchise quarterback in the 2020 draft.

Ross was likely giggling and sipping champagne as his new head coach Brian Flores was getting doused with Gatorade, while his former employee was left explaining how he just suffered one of the worst losses in Jets history.

Did this Miami win validate Ross’ decision to fire Gase, who had a losing record in three seasons in Miami?

“I don’t know,” Gase said. “I’m not going to answer that. That’s ridiculous.”

Actually, it’s not at all. It’s the point.

Gase has been a terrible head coach by every statistical measure. He’s 24-33 in three and a half seasons, and there is a laundry list of players who ultimately saw through his act. Gase is 1-10 in his last 11 games as a head coach.

He’s been overmatched at every juncture this season, turning poor decisions into an art form.

“Right now, Adam is our coach,” said Pro Bowl safety Jamal Adams. “I’m pretty sure that he’s going to continue to be the coach. So, we have faith in him. That’s not going to change. Whoever’s in the building, that’s who we ride with. So, I got his back. That’s just what it is.”

The reality is that there have been internal rumblings about Gase’s ineptitude for a while.

Gase’s offense scored on its first drive for the second consecutive week before going into a deep freeze. The innovator made no tangible adjustments against the worst defense in the league. Gase’s offense managed a grand total of 16 points against a unit that was allowing a league-high 34 points per game. The Dolphins didn’t have their best defensive player (cornerback Xavien Howard) to boot.

Meanwhile, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw three touchdowns and killed Gang Green time after time on third downs (6 for 12) to help Miami win their first game of this tanka-licious season.

Gase insisted that losing to a organization that he wanted to embarrass on Sunday didn’t sting anymore.

“It’s just more about trying to get us to play right,” Gase said. “Coming into this game, that was the only thing I was really thinking about.”

Please.

If you believe that, I have some prime swampland near Hard Rock Stadium that you might be interested in. The truth is that Gase was humiliated by the people that he could least afford to be humiliated by. It’s one thing to wax poetic when Bill Belchick’s Patriots kick your derriere.

It’s an altogether different story when the league punchline turns you into the new league punchline less than a year after they gave you the pink slip.

This will haunt Gase forever… as it should.

He was a ****y, arrogant losing head coach in Miami, who acted like he had won the brass ring. In the end, he might wind up being nothing more than a Peyton Manning creation, just another guy who hopped on No. 18’s gravy train to secure more jobs and money.

Time will reveal who Adam Gase really is, but this much is clear right now: He’s making the Jets worse with each passing day.

11 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Or conversely, if Trent Williams wasn't such a 'me first' ass (polite me), we'd still have a stud LT to protect someone who I personally believe has all the makings of a franchise QB over time and we'd be free to go BPA with our top pick given the multitude of other holes in key positions. 

Trading him or not (which they should have done. That's not open to debate), leaves a new massive need we have to fill to replace the stud blindside protector for the man we're committed to at QB. 

Hail. 

Archived