Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

I think they beat the Jets.  Other than that?  Maybe the Giants or Lions -- both teams IMO are playing better than the Redskins but the NFL is flukey.  I think the odds are good they end 2-14.  Wouldn't shock me if its 3-13.   If somehow they lose to the lowly Jets I think they are guaranteed to be picking top 2.  It's just hard for me though to see them losing to the Jets.  Jets are spiraling and we got two weeks to prepare for them. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/03/three-takeaways-redskins-loss-bills/

Things are unlikely to get easier after the bye

The Redskins are now one of four one-win teams in the NFL, after the Dolphins got their first victory of the season on Sunday over the one-win New York Jets. The Cincinnati Bengals are the lone winless team in the league.

Players continue to put on a brave face, but things look bleak moving forward. The Redskins have a bye next week and host the Jets coming out of it in a winnable game, at which point their schedule takes a challenging turn. They host the Detroit Lions before back-to-back road games at the Carolina Panthers and the Green Bay Packers. That is followed by a season-ending stretch against NFC East rivals in the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys.

9 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Apke has been invisible at best this season.

The guy saved 2 TD yesterday.

- Once on a Norman blown coverage (that's casual)

- First one on the Goal Line stand, which didn't amount for much as the Bills went for it on 4th and scored... But he absolutely stopped Frank Gore on 3rd down which is no small feat.

1-15 is definitely possible! But, the really historic part of this team right now is that they have one the biggest payrolls in the NFL! Right now they have a $180MM payroll. To be that bad with that amount of money being spent is historically laughable!

25 minutes ago, rick7423 said:

1-15 is definitely possible! But, the really historic part of this team right now is that they have one the biggest payrolls in the NFL! Right now they have a $180MM payroll. To be that bad with that amount of money being spent is historically laughable!

Yep & look at the some of the folks eating up most of their payroll -  A. Smith, Williams, Reed, Norman, Kerrigan & Moses.  Players who either won't play one down this season or are contributing very little on the field.  That is beyond pathetic.  Is there another team in the NFL that has this much money committed to non-contributors?

I would like to see them go 1-15. I know some people hate that take.

In ideal world the Skins end up with the #1 pick, get Miami to jump from #2 to #1, to get their QB, and Skins get a 2nd round pick in return. Boom take Chase Young.

3 hours ago, Pick6 said:

I would like to see them go 1-15. I know some people hate that take.

In ideal world the Skins end up with the #1 pick, get Miami to jump from #2 to #1, to get their QB, and Skins get a 2nd round pick in return. Boom take Chase Young.

What if Miami thinks we are not going to take another QB after Haskins though? 

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

What if Miami thinks we are not going to take another QB after Haskins though? 

Doesn't really matter because the threat is there of another team wanting a QB and being willing to trade with us to get the #1 pick.  That would still screw Miami over if they only had eyes for Tua.

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Or conversely, if Trent Williams wasn't such a 'me first' ass (polite me), we'd still have a stud LT to protect someone who I personally believe has all the makings of a franchise QB over time and we'd be free to go BPA with our top pick given the multitude of other holes in key positions. 

Trading him or not (which they should have done. That's not open to debate), leaves a new massive need we have to fill to replace the stud blindside protector for the man we're committed to at QB. 

Hail. 

So much to disagree with here.

First, Trent will be 32 next year, in the last year of his deal and injury-prone. He is not, should not, could not be someone you plan around for the future. Keeping him, much less planning on having him be the LT for a QB of the future is wrongheaded on every level. He should have been dealt two years ago, honestly.

Second, I refuse to even engage on the debates over Trent's personal issues here. There is enough to see why he wouldn't want to be associated with this team, and that's all I need to know. The issue as Redskin fans is that the team should have dealt him. It's beyond any discussion, every other one of 31 organizations would have and it was monumentally stupid not to. That's what should be focused on. Anyone who's spending their time worrying about whether Williams could have done this or that better is just going off into a distraction from how ridiculously badly Bruce Allen did his job, and you're thus doing his bidding, whether you realize it or not, or whether or not you throw in criticism of Bruce in your haranguing.

Finally, I 100% don't see it with Haskins. I think his ceiling is likely of a somewhat better Jason Campbell. I saw that at OSU, I saw it before the draft, I saw it in preseason, and I see it now. I'll be astounded if he ever becomes anything approaching a "Franchise QB".

31 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

First, Trent will be 32 next year, in the last year of his deal and injury-prone. He is not, should not, could not be someone you plan around for the future. Keeping him, much less planning on having him be the LT for a QB of the future is wrongheaded on every level. He should have been dealt two years ago, honestly. 

100% agree here.

As much as I love the guy on the field, a smart FO would have traded him in the offseason and resign NSekhe for far less prior to FA. Even if NSekhe is not a youngster as well he's a decent stop gap for a year or two until you grab Trent's new Heir.

50 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So much to disagree with here.

Second, I refuse to even engage on the debates over Trent's personal issues here. There is enough to see why he wouldn't want to be associated with this team, and that's all I need to know. The issue as Redskin fans is that the team should have dealt him. It's beyond any discussion, every other one of 31 organizations would have and it was monumentally stupid not to. That's what should be focused on. Anyone who's spending their time worrying about whether Williams could have done this or that better is just going off into a distraction from how ridiculously badly Bruce Allen did his job, and you're thus doing his bidding, whether you realize it or not, or whether or not you throw in criticism of Bruce in your haranguing.

Finally, I 100% don't see it with Haskins. I think his ceiling is likely of a somewhat better Jason Campbell. I saw that at OSU, I saw it before the draft, I saw it in preseason, and I see it now. I'll be astounded if he ever becomes anything approaching a "Franchise QB".

Then, my good man, we'll have to agree to disagree on all of the above save for the 'planning around for the future' part. Which wasn't what I was suggesting. Certainly not long term anyway. But right here, right now, he'd buy us time to address other areas. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No he wouldn't. He'd be signed for one more year. He'd buy you draft capital to address needs.

So he'd buy you at least another year. And if he wasn't such a self centered ass, that we patently disagree on, he may have been extended through that over a shorter duration if other additions were made next Spring to sway him. 

You're talking in absolutes as he's chosen this path. I'm pondering the alternative if he hadn't. 

But we don't agree on him (I've as much feeling for Trent now as Allen or Snyder. Absolutely ZERO!), so again, I'll agree to disagree and leave it there. 

Hail. 

28 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So he'd buy you at least another year. And if he wasn't such a self centered ass, that we patently disagree on, he may have been extended through that over a shorter duration if other additions were made next Spring to sway him. 

You're talking in absolutes as he's chosen this path. I'm pondering the alternative if he hadn't. 

But we don't agree on him (I've as much feeling for Trent now as Allen or Snyder. Absolutely ZERO!), so again, I'll agree to disagree and leave it there. 

Hail. 

Yeah, the fact that you want to choose spending big money on an injury-prone player as he hit 33 rather than rebuilding for a 1-8 level team is about as big a disagreement as we can have. 

21 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Kyle is a moron lol. He was part of trading for Ha Ha and trading up for Sweat. **** him.

I agree on how ridiculous our moves have been,  We lost a high 2nd rd in 2020 and last years 2nd round for Sweat instead of keeping Preston Smith and drafting 2 more talented players...and giving up the pick for Haha Dix for just a part of 1 season playing time was idiotic.  We will do the Redskins traditional win meaningless games soon only to lower our picks out of the top 5.  We must keep shooting ourselves in the foot year after year and after 9 years of Bruce Allen, are we happy yet?  Clueless in Washington and way past moronic.  The stadium is only occupied by majority of visiting fans and the handful of die hard Skins fans and Snyder still doesn't have a clue.  9 years of Bruce Allen and we are 1-8 so far...great job!

When Danny Boy eventually falls in love with Tua we will need to think about upgrading Morgan Moses and his over inflated contract.

Trent needs trading asap after season's end. Downgraded my expectations to maybe a 2nd and future 3rd rounder at best.

7 hours ago, rick7423 said:

Bruce Allen….my point...great job!   As one analyst pointed out, sign some players who can actually be on the field and are not on the injury list game after game, year after year.

20 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Doesn't really matter because the threat is there of another team wanting a QB and being willing to trade with us to get the #1 pick.  That would still screw Miami over if they only had eyes for Tua.

I Agree. The best case scenario is that we get 1st overall pick then trade 1st to 2nd for an additional 1st round pick, 2nd to 3rd for additional 1st round pick, then grab Chase Young at #3 and hopefully get a new LT with one of our new #1s.

18 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

When Danny Boy eventually falls in love with Tua we will need to think about upgrading Morgan Moses and his over inflated contract.

Trent needs trading asap after season's end. Downgraded my expectations to maybe a 2nd and future 3rd rounder at best.

Recommend you downgrade those expectations for what Trent will fetch further. Frankly I don't see Allen trading him at all at this point as anything less than a 1st would be humiliating for him. 

Archived