Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I mean Haskins ain’t a hot property right, in fact he’s far from that, but when you look at the QBs on other teams rosters, there’s a whole load of nothing/crap as #2 and #3 QBs on the depth charts. We can only bank on someone keen to roll the dice. 

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Here is my new way of thinking about this......swap the draft selections in your head.

1st round Mclaurin

3rd round Haskins

See it all works out for the better......now get a third for Haskins and this is a wash.

Oh man, why didn't anyone think of this before!?

10 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Yes we should.  Peanuts is the best we're going to get prior to the deadline.

The other day I was thinking about the time a minor league baseball player got traded for some bats. So I looked up the story and it turns out he overdosed 6 months later and then I got sad. Not sure what my point is other than what's the point? Are we talking about a 7th round pick? Is that peanuts? I don't think I would accept a 7th rounder though we seem to be ok at drafting in that round given the value of the picks.

5 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I say hold on to him and let the dust settle. If someone offers a mid rounder fine. But shouldn't just let him go for peanuts.

4 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Yes we should.  Peanuts is the best we're going to get prior to the deadline.

I don't want to trade a football player for peanuts.

Because this is what happens everytime Peanuts gets involved in football.

We have enough Special Teams issues.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I say hold on to him and let the dust settle. If someone offers a mid rounder fine. But shouldn't just let him go for peanuts.

The thing with this is how would his worth increase in a trade at this point?  If we hold off until the off-season, what would happen with Dwayne between now and then to make him worth more than he is right now?  If he plays that could hurt his value even more.

53 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

The thing with this is how would his worth increase in a trade at this point?  If we hold off until the off-season, what would happen with Dwayne between now and then to make him worth more than he is right now?  If he plays that could hurt his value even more.

It’s more that teams are making trades for players who can help them now, this time of year. Haskins is developmental no matter how little you trade for him, and won’t help you now. 

In the offseason, when teams are evaluating college QB prospects and seeing how they grade those mid-round talents in comparison to how they graded Haskins both as a prospect back then and as a semi-seasoned pro with newer tape now (and here is where you hope they factor in the “Washington ruins every QB” thing and ignore some of his bad tape)—that’s when he could look attractive enough for a draft pick they wouldn’t have incentive to trade right now.

It also adds a bunch of teams with newly hired and minted coaching regimes to the list of potential suitors, who might be looking for reasonably priced reclamation projects to compete with their other guys—those same teams that in the spring will have their new coaches potentially looking for “their projects” at QB (in the way Rivera did here with Kyle Allen) are NOT suitors for Haskins right now because they’re looking down the barrel of a lost season and lame duck regimes on the hot seat gain nothing by trading for developmental project QB’s. 

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to Keim and others right now teams aren't clamoring for Haskins.  Probably a pipe dream but ideal scenario is Reddick gets hired this off season and goes to a team that needs a QB. 

No one has hired or is going to hire Riddick -- no matter how thirsty he is for a job. And his take on Haskins is an example of why he shouldn't be running a team.

Pretty good on TV though. Real good in fact.

16 hours ago, Hooper said:

No one has hired or is going to hire Riddick -- no matter how thirsty he is for a job. And his take on Haskins is an example of why he shouldn't be running a team.

Pretty good on TV though. Real good in fact.

The more I've digested info Riddick the more I agree with this.  But I agree he's good on TV. 

Finlay

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/report-dwayne-haskins-trade-washington-inevitable-now-or-later

It’s time for leadership with Dwayne Haskins. 

Driven largely by owner Dan Snyder, Washington drafted Haskins 15th overall in 2019, and about 18 months later, his status with the team is a full-blown mess. 

...There’s plenty of sourced reporting that suggests Haskins wasn’t working hard enough to keep the starting gig. There’s also a confirmed COVID protocol violation that cost Haskins nearly $5,000 in fines. 

Looking at the second half of the season, particularly with Allen moving the Washington offense at an undeniably better pace than with Haskins, the former first-rounder needs a new home. 

What’s the point of keeping him around, especially now that there are rumblings he wants out? 

ESPN reported that Haskins’ camp wouldn’t mind a fresh start. 

Once that starts, it’s all over. 

The kid isn’t playing and there’s not really a path to him playing. It’s a distraction, and it won’t go away. 

Former Washington boss Bruce Allen allowed bad situations to fester. To rot and to mold. 

Rivera has done the opposite. 

He traded Trent Williams and Quinton Dunbar after both players voiced their desire to get out of town. 

Seven games into his tenure as Washington head coach, it’s clear Rivera wants his guys that buy into his system. 

By dropping Haskins from starter to third string, Rivera sent a clear message. 

Think about it this way - Rivera prefers playing 36-year old Alex Smith on a surgically repaired leg than playing a 23-year old first-round pick that’s two seasons removed from a 50 touchdown season at Ohio State. 

Now while it seems so easy and obvious that Haskins needs to be traded, there’s one rather large caveat - Washington must find a trade partner. 

Does that exist?

Maybe. But there needs to be a staff out there that believes in Haskins talent and his attitude. And that could be a tough sell. 

Washington’s staff from last season is spread out all over the league, and there probably aren’t many Haskins fans in that group. Don’t expect Jay Gruden or Kevin O‘Connell to advocate for a Haskins trade. 

And coaches talk. 

Rivera didn’t seem enthused about Haskins when he arrived in Washington, and while that tone changed, the coach didn’t even name him the starter until late August. 

In short, it seems fairly obvious that Haskins isn’t the long-term answer in Washington. Or the short-term answer. 

A trade makes sense, assuming there’s a trade to be made. There might not be though. That’s the reality. 

To me the telling comment in the article is the one about O'Connell.  I forgot which beat guy said it but one in a radio interview let on they heard O'Connell really didn't want to come back and they speculated (they said they didn't hear this part) if Haskins being the guy was part of that soup -- suggesting he might not have thought he was the right QB. 

Maybe. But there needs to be a staff out there that believes in Haskins talent and his attitude. And that could be a tough sell. 

Washington’s staff from last season is spread out all over the league, and there probably aren’t many Haskins fans in that group. Don’t expect Jay Gruden or Kevin O‘Connell to advocate for a Haskins trade. 

And coaches talk. 

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bellichek needs a QB badly.

Surely Bill, you see something in Haskins you can use, right Bill ?

This is pretty much the only scenario that has me concerned regarding a signature bet about Deayne that I have with @IrepDC the one bet I've had the most confidence in ever making.  And that is he goes to NE.  BB has taken a shot on "problem" players before, they may find a way to make it work for him. I still highly doubt it but I hope he lands anywhere but there.

I did a comparison of Shuler vs Haskins since many people say Haskins didn't get a fair shake.

I just simply compared pass attempts, to get an idea of each 1st Round QB's sample size, before the team "gave up on them".

Shuler had 390 attempts, and Haskins had 349.

Shuler had more attempts obviously, but not by a lot. It was a difference of 41 attempts, which is little more than about one game's worth of attempts.

So if you compare those 2, it's very close to being about the same "fair shake"

The Rams have no one behind Goff. It's kinda nuts. The fact that KOC doesn't want Haskins is a brutal sign.

I think we should simply keep him unless he becomes a major problem in some way. I certainly would rather roll with him over Alex if Kyle got hurt.

50 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is pretty much the only scenario that has me concerned regarding a signature bet about Deayne that I have with @IrepDC the one bet I've had the most confidence in ever making.  And that is he goes to NE.  BB has taken a shot on "problem" players before, they may find a way to make it work for him. I still highly doubt it but I hope he lands anywhere but there.

I think your bet is safe there.  Haskins doesn't come across as a 'problem' player to me, just an immature kid that doesn't have the necessary work ethic to be successful.  I don't see Bill being interested in that particular problem.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is pretty much the only scenario that has me concerned regarding a signature bet about Deayne that I have with @IrepDC

Oh, you're safe. Even if you "lose" the bet, you can always claim that you were not talking about Dwayne Haskins, since you spelled this guy's name as "Deayne". Clever move there 😛

16 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think your bet is safe there.  Haskins doesn't come across as a 'problem' player to me, just an immature kid that doesn't have the necessary work ethic to be successful.  I don't see Bill being interested in that particular problem.

Well if this **** slap does not get Dwayne to work harder then he is hopeless.  But his problems go far beyond being lazy and entitled, he flat can't hit what he is throwing at often enough. 

I can't believe this would ever happen. I can't believe they would ever see Haskins as the one to take them to the post season.

https://fansided.com/2020/10/29/dwayne-haskins-trade-rumors-steelers-cowboys/3/

>>Let’s go crazy with this final one. No matter the reasoning for the recent fire sale of defenders, Jerry Jones will refuse to admit the Dallas Cowboys struggles. Even if that means just making the postseason, he’ll consider that a win. Slight problem with that since Ben DiNucci isn’t going to be the man to take them there.

While DiNucci is a feel-good story, there’s little hope that he can keep this already tattered team alive for nine weeks. Haskins already played behind a weaker offensive, lesser weapons and a limited supporting cast to help bail him out of trouble. In Dallas, it’s the same woes minus a better support system.

In-division trades never happen, but Jones is senile believing the season isn’t lost. Best case scenario, Haskins works, and the Cowboys have a very positive quarterback dilemma going into the offseason. Take the pick they received from Detroit for Everson Griffen, combine it with another six-rounder and keep the madness alive a little longer.

It’s not what the people want from Cowboys nation, but it’s certainly what they deserve.<<

On 10/30/2020 at 1:10 PM, Hooper said:

The Rams have no one behind Goff. It's kinda nuts. The fact that KOC doesn't want Haskins is a brutal sign.

I think we should simply keep him unless he becomes a major problem in some way. I certainly would rather roll with him over Alex if Kyle got hurt.

The thing too is that Haskins played his best football when KOC had full ability to call the plays. I thought KOC and Haskins had a good relationship too - Haskins was liking tweets suggesting KOC stay on as OC

The issue is they aren’t going to dump Mannion midseason. This would be more of a trade in the offseason

3 hours ago, method man said:

The thing too is that Haskins played his best football when KOC had full ability to call the plays. I thought KOC and Haskins had a good relationship too - Haskins was liking tweets suggesting KOC stay on as OC

The issue is they aren’t going to dump Mannion midseason. This would be more of a trade in the offseason

Well there were also speculation that the reason KOC decided to not stay on board, was because he did not believe Haskins was good enough to be a long term QB and he did not want to hitch his trailer to him with little confidence that he would be successful. 

I dont know that there is any actual evidence of this, but it's something I have heard more than once... from more than one place. 

Archived