Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It's interesting to see how Dallas is imploding with player leaks anonymously calling out their coaches, yet there was none of that here when Rivera benched Haskins.  That's pretty telling.  

Yep, agree, I mentioned that before the game.    Every coach will make an odd enemy out of a player, even Gibbs who had Arrington hating him through this day.  It's impossible not to make enemies because not every player works out and some like to scapegoat the hire ups who discarded them.

But by and large, Rivera doesn't have that many enemies. the majority of players swear by him.  Heck even Josh Norman and Peterson when they were cut. 

The reports (not just yesterday) about players and Rivera has mostly been they loved the dude and respect him.

I didn't want McCarthy because in GB he wasn't seen as a leader of men and there was some question about his work ethic-preperation.   i am not shocked that it isn't going well for him in Dallas thus far. 

i am 100% positive Rivera just grabbed any bag he had lying around for his hospital visit, but I love seeing that he grabbed the one with the most beautiful NFL logo the league has ever seen... HTTR! (someone on twitter posted this trying to rip on Rivera instead of congratulating him on his last cancer treatment).
image.png.927f6869a4e3732823e476c98a548369.png

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understood this crap during the RG3/Kirk saga, not that I agreed with it - but I could wrap my head around it, because Robert had that 2012 season.

With Dwyane though, I cannot for the life of me grasp the depths of ignorance for which this garbage comes from.  

The level of love for him on Twitter is definitely strange. The only people I can see have that much love for the guy would be ohio st fans, but I don't think all these people are ohio st fans so what exactly has he done that people start hating Ron and the team for not playing him. It's stranger than any qb for Washington I have seen. 

7 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

It's stranger than any qb for Washington I have seen. 

No.  You're wrong.

Colt Brennan - Wikipedia

The love affair with Colt from an extraordinarily outspoken component of the fan base, which bred hostility, hatred and name calling, (most of which who have thankfully retreated back into the holes from whence they came), is by far the most strange fascination with any player who never actually was any good, was never going to be any good, and it was proven to be no good because he never actually took 1 NFL regular season snap for any team in his entire "career." 

The Cult of Colt is the strangest thing I've ever seen, in any sport, for any player, for any team.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  You're wrong.

The love affair with Colt from an extraordinarily outspoken component of the fan base, which bred hostility, hatred and name calling, (most of which who have thankfully retreated back into the holes from whence they came), is by far the most strange fascination with any player who never actually was any good, was never going to be any good, and it was proven to be no good because he never actually took 1 NFL regular season snap for any team in his entire "career." 

The Cult of Colt is the strangest thing I've ever seen, in any sport, for any player, for any team.  

What's funniest about this was that the Cult of Colt and the ???Chase for Chase???  - talking about Chase Dainels. One of these guys is still in the league and one is not. I mean he's not a starter or a franchise QB but he has been in the league for quite a while now and is making good money on some Todd Collins type of roles not taking snaps but staying one play away. But the love for Colt was unbearable. I was in Hawaii and people were telling me how much of a partyboy he was and not a hard worker and just didn't have the intangibles. I guess he still lives that life now but maybe I misunderstood the conversation. But he threw X number of TDs in college in the ?PAC12? so he must be legit. It was so horrible

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Church of Chase, please.  

Thanks, just for comparison. The Church of Chase had 23 pages. Respectable but probably just a bunch of preseason love.

The Cult of Colt had 679 pages. For comparison this thread has 800 pages and its about the starting QB that was a first round pick. Cult of Colt was for an UDFA who never made the roster. 

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  You're wrong.

Colt Brennan - Wikipedia

Omg Cult of Colt was unbelievable.  It was the most psycho groupies ever.

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No. The belief that Tim Tebow could be an NFL QB with all that game tape and the throwing mechanics and accuracy. The cult of Tim Tebow is the strangest thing we've seen. 

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been posting PFF here, so keeping with it.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.27.34 PM.png

Looks about right.

Young, Fuller, Holcomb and Sweat as the best players on defense. 

McLaurin, Moses and Scherff with the only passing grades on O. Gibson should be in that group too. 

Sad days. 

9 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

No. The belief that Tim Tebow could be an NFL QB with all that game tape and the throwing mechanics and accuracy. The cult of Tim Tebow is the strangest thing we've seen. 

Tebow is a good example. There were some intense fans for him on a national scale

Just now, GOATFrerotte said:

Tebow is a good example. There were some intense fans for him on a national scale

Fans, yes. But media propped him up something special too. I mean, there were former NFL players that we're preaching patience and belief. The truth was as easy to see as anything. 

At least during the Cult of Colt the team was just brutal. There were a few players that fans seemed to cling to during that time if for no other reason than needing some sliver of hope to hang on to. I mean, there are so many examples in the last ten years of Redskins history alone. 

On 10/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, ggarriso said:

This - I hate the rg3 / Simba comparison - RG3 gave us the most magical NFL year of my adult life.  For that season, we were the most exciting team in football, we played an insanely fun, electrifying style of football - the sky was the limit.  I hated the idea of switching to Cousins because I did not want to give up that Read Option style of football and that dream I had of havint this unique and fun player to cheer for.  We all know how it ends, but I keep my RG3 jerseys because that 2012 season was honestly the most fun I had with NFL football since I was a child.  I do think RG is the perfect backup for Lamar, and still has value in this league.

Contrast Simba who clearly didnt want to even be drafted here, has played a boring style of bad football and had numerous off the field issues.  I dont see it being any comparison at all.

As one of the last RGIII hold outs I definitely see a similar pattern with Dwayne. Both acted entitled and immature.  There were also reports that Griffin was not working hard enough to learn the playbook and all that goes into being an NFL quarterback.  He worked alright, at the physical part but not the mental and that's much more important for a young QB.

As a poster mentioned earlier Griffin brought most of his downfall on himself. The same can be said about Dwayne Haskins. 

6 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

But Tebow 

1. Won the Heisman

2. Might have been the best QB (at that point0 in I-A college sports

3. Came in and immediately won, leading game winning drive after game winning drive, and won a playoff game against the Steelers with a huge OT throw (I think it was in OT).

So, there was actual evidence of Tebow having success.

There was NO evidence of Colt Brennan doing anything except having an average arm, a low, side-armed delivery, and getting hurt.  

Cult of Colt takes the cake.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Or hes just trying to hide the fact that coach is so in over his head that no one believes in him and everyone is actually confused and now everyone knows it thanks to this Haskins debacle everyone knows terry is really Snyders guy and thus cannot be to do anything but score TDs and tow the company line so obviously that means he has to support Ron he even said in a 1999 interview that Robert Griffin was the best QB hes ever played with and you know he said that only because he is black and Griffin is sorta black because thats a smart argument to make and again Synders boy so you already know hes compromised i could go on but im sure you get my point by now 

For the love of God mix in a period!  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But Tebow 

1. Won the Heisman

2. Might have been the best QB (at that point0 in I-A college sports

3. Came in and immediately won, leading game winning drive after game winning drive, and won a playoff game against the Steelers with a huge OT throw (I think it was in OT).

So, there was actual evidence of Tebow having success.

There was NO evidence of Colt Brennan doing anything except having an average arm, a low, side-armed delivery, and getting hurt.  

Cult of Colt takes the cake.

Cult of Colt was very Washington/Hawaii specific, like you can ask people do they know who Colt Brennan is and who drafted him and most wouldn't have a clue. But you're right about Tebow, he had far more success than Haskins, which makes Haskins appeal even stranger.

26 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Looks about right.

Young, Fuller, Holcomb and Sweat as the best players on defense. 

McLaurin, Moses and Scherff with the only passing grades on O. Gibson should be in that group too. 

Sad days. 

Gibson is ranked 8th in the NFL but has the 3rd best rushing grade behind only Ekeler and Cook.

grafik.thumb.png.510299d43d07c757683cbb4eb22f160b.png

55 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Thanks, just for comparison. The Church of Chase had 23 pages. Respectable but probably just a bunch of preseason love.

The Cult of Colt had 679 pages. For comparison this thread has 800 pages and its about the starting QB that was a first round pick. Cult of Colt was for an UDFA who never made the roster. 

A couple of things: Back in 2008/2009, forums like this were just not as much of a thing.  So, that's probably why the post count was somewhat lower. If we had the Colt Brennan situation today, it would be nuclear level explosive.  (Though no less useful.)

I also think that somewhere along the way, something was lost in the archived CoC thread.  I went back to look, and it appears as thought all of the posts in the Cult of Colt are gone.  I swear I remember seeing that thread with over 1000 pages, because the page count broke the board.  Maybe I'm mis-remembering the total count, but I definitely remember if you clicked on a page number, it took you to another. Maybe 679 is the right number, but that just feels low to me.  Not that it matters even a little bit. 

I really have no idea how this thread has 800 pages..  Though, here's an interesting factoid, there have been 30 pages since October 18th (10 days after Haskins was officially benched), and at least 130 pages since Haskin's benching on October 8th.  

If you do the math on that, up until the point Haskins was benched, it was similar to the Cult of Colt. It just exploded in the last 2-3 weeks after the benching.  Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why, but there you have it.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Wasn't the cult of Colt primarily made of Hawaii folks that adopted the Skins due to putting him on the roster?  It's been a while, so my mind is a bit fuzzy on the details.  

Yes, a lot were, but we had some die hards who adopted Colt as their own because of a visceral hatred of Jason Campbell.  And couldn't get out of their own way that neither was any good.  

There were many who chose that was the hill they were going to die on.  And die they did.  

Archived