Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s not often we have a player’s family on ES. Welcome Mrs. Haskins! You raised a fine son but he still needs some growth as an NFL QB. But we don’t need to put down his teammates who have never taken a snap for Washington to support your son. Thank you!

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So if players are cemented where they are early in their career’s you just made the case that Haskins will never improve. For once in your entire history on ES you made a reasonable point. Congratulations. So we should cut Haskins and sign someone of the street. Great!

If you think that's the point I was making, then switching to Allen is an idiotic wish. Agree?

5 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Because he showed something those first 6 games that Haskins never showed. Why are you so sure he couldn’t do that again? Haskins never even come close to that level of play. 

He's also shown something in his last 9 games that Haskins has never shown lol...so why are you ignoring that again?

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude if they believed in any of the bs they are saying they would welcome seeing Allen play. Yet they want to pretend we don’t need to use our eyes. We simply have  to believe Haskins is the next coming. The fanboy cult is strong. 

It is quite funny how they so strongly believe Allen should get no shot at even attempting a pass with this team. Kind of strange considering what we’re watching with Haskins. Gotta have a strong emotional attachment to Haskins to want to see more of him. What would it harm to see what Allen could do.

He should get a few more games but at some point you make the switch if there isn’t a noticeable improvement. From bottom tier to passable would be enough to justify starting him. 

This team has a lot of players on defense who need to get gameplay experience that doesn’t involve constantly being out on the field in tough situations because the offense sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Get off of it.  I was never a JC apologist.  

And what part of my post was being an apologist for Haskins?

and don’t bring up Bees.  Your wrong and it makes you look dumb. 

The entire post. You are trying to blame the coach and play calling for a trash qb. Just like the same useless exercise you took with Zorn and JC.  It’s very pathetic and sad you don’t see it. Those who don’t learn from history are bound to repeat it. That quote is a reference to self absorbed posters who refuse to accept that they posted nonsense for years and for some even more than a decade and yet continue to double down.

What a blissfully ignorant world some choose to occupy. If it wasn’t so pathetic I might slightly be impressed. 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If you think that's the point I was making, then switching to Allen is an idiotic wish. Agree?

He's also shown something in his last 9 games that Haskins has never shown lol...so why are you ignoring that again?

So you choose the last 9 games I choose the first 6. Neither of us know how hed look in his new environment a year older. I at least admit that while you try to pretend to know.

Just now, redskins59 said:

Haskins can beat the Rams if our D can hold their O to 17 points (like the Giants did today).  

I was just thinking that actually when i turned the game on earlier. They had 10 points when i turned the game on and i thought “Wow, they’re not as high powered of an offense as i thought they are”. With today’s performance, i think we could have a good chance 

Look, at this point I think it's clear that Haskins isn't going to be the long term quarterback of this franchise.

But I think it stinks that some of the conversations here have amounted to, "Just admit it, you're wrong..." instead of good back and forth using sound stances and arguments.

I can't fault anyone for still hoping Haskins has it. The revelation that he doesn't could lead us down a really dark sewer drain that none of us are ready to see yet again. 

I think he's going to get the start again next week. But his leash is probably getting shorter by the minute.

2 hours ago, redskins59 said:

He needs to stop missing receivers who are only 2 yards away.  Even my 5 yr old daughter could make that.  And I don't think mechanics matters when a WR is so close.  It is just a headscratcher.  I am getting sick of Haskins missing the easy throws.  Now, he did better than last week, but these overthrows need to be zero. It is tiresome.

This is the truth. EVERYTHING else to the side, when this is occuring (whatever the reason) everything else is like being hopeful someone can gey better at calculus when they can't handle extremely basic algebra. 

Dhall really honed in on it today, and he's right. 

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Haskins can beat the Rams if our D can hold their O to 17 points (like the Giants did today).  

Cleveland handed him the game and he turned it over repeatedly to give them the game. There is zero reason to put any credibility on this take. Maybe if you said Allen that’s an unknown. We know exactly how this ends with Haskins. We already read the spoiler and pretending to watch as if we don’t know the outcome. Come on dude.

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You are literally comparing Brees to Haskins. This is the Haskins thread. You named Drew Brees as a comparable. At least own your posts. 

I NEVER COMPARED BREES TO HASKINS. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.  IT'S MASSIVELY AGGRIVATING.

Here's EXACTLY what I said.  

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A few thoughts: @SoCalSkins, actually bring up a very valid point (albeit in a somewhat roundabout way) that there isn't a history of drop back QBs with bad accuracy "figuring it out."  Typically, if you're a drop back QB with accuracy issues, those linger.  The only real example I can think of where a drop back QB has done a 180 is Drew Brees.  People forget how absolutely horrid he was when he got into the league.  He had the double effect of making bad decisions and being inaccurate. He was so bad, not only was he benched, but the Chargers then spent a top 5 pick on Rivers to replace him.  The next year, it clicked for Brees, he played extremely well for the Chargers, then went on to become a HOFer with the Saints.  

Nowhere did I indicate I thought Haskins could be Brees.  Nowhere did I compare the two.  In fact, I said Brees was the ONLY example of a drop back QB I could think of who started out throwing a bunch of pics and turned it around.  Which kindof indicates I don't think it's very likely for that to happen for Haskins, right?  If Brees is the ONLY one I can think of in NFL history?  Granted, my history only goes back to 1983-ish. But that's still a pretty good long time.

It seems as though you can't pick up any nuance in any post.  If somebody SEEMS like they don't agree with you, your approach is to insult them, call them a fanboy, and just be kindof a dick about it.  And you're so bad at picking up nuance, that even when I was agreeing with you, you failed to actually pick it up.  That's on you.   

You are trying to talk into existence something that didn't exist in any of my posts, hasn't existed, and won't exist.  I'm not comparing Brees to Haskins.  I don't think it's very likely Haskins will develop You claim to know for sure.  Nothing in this world is certain except for death and taxes.  My position is and has been, I find it unlikely he will, but 11 games over 2 seasons with 2 different systems and missing an off-season because of COVID is too small a sample size. You can disagree with that point, which some do.  That's fine. 

But to claim that I'm comparing Haskins to Brees is flat incorrect.  I never did.  I brought up Brees kindof to support YOUR point.  And you're trying to twist it. 

And you're so far off base about NFL history is just shocking.  You're the one who tried to re-write history.  Brees DID suck for his first year and a half of starting, was benched in 2003 after throwing 31 INTs in what amounted to a season and a half, and the chargers DID draft his replacement.  All of these things HAPPENED.  THEN, Brees won the competition in the 2004 training camp and really started what has become a first ballot HOF career.  It was the last game of the 2005 season where he tore his labrum, and then entered free agency.  But that is so completely irrelevant to the point.  The point is he stunk, and then he didn't.  Which is what I said to begin with. 

And what's even worse about your approach is I was actually giving you a compliment.  I said you had made a valid point, and to honestly back up your point, I pointed out how exceptional it was for drop back quarterbacks who had accuracy issues to turn it around.  And instead of saying, "yeah, thanks, we agree, drop back QBs with accuracy issues tend not to develop" you decided to go on this factually incorrect tangent and dig your heals in (incorrectly) that Brees wasn't that bad at the beginning of his career.

24 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

So you choose the last 9 games I choose the first 6. Neither of us know how hed look in his new environment a year older. I at least admit that while you try to pretend to know.

Allen only threw 4 passes in his first game...I counted his first 5 starts.

Allen over those 5 games:

9 TDs

0 INTs

7.6 ypa

64% completion rate

6.0% TD percentage

0.0% INT percentage

107 QB rating

Haskins' best 5 game stretch as far as I can tell:

7 TDs

1 INT

7.2 ypa

62% completion rate

5.2% TD percentage

0.7 INT percentage

98 QB rating

Those stats are not night and day...not all that far off, actually.

There are three differences, though:

- Allen went 5-0, Haskins went 1-4

- Allen's 5-game stretch was at the beginning of his career, Haskins' 5-game stretch was 2 games ago

- Allen reversed course and has been inconsistent at best since then, looking rather putrid at times over his next 9 games. Haskins has been inconsistent and looked putrid at least once over his next 2 games

I completely agree that nobody knows Allen's future as a QB in the NFL, it's far too early. But the same definitely applies to Haskins.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Cleveland handed him the game and he turned it over repeatedly to give them the game. There is zero reason to put any credibility on this take. Maybe if you said Allen that’s an unknown. We know exactly how this ends with Haskins. We already read the spoiler and pretending to watch as if we don’t know the outcome. Come on dude.

The D was horrible.  Okay, so  Haskins turned the ball over 4 times, but how many times did our D stop their O after the turnover?  From what I recall, a big fat zero times.  

The defense is not good.  

And anyway, I think he can do better than Daniel Jones.

But if our D gives up 30, it's another loss.  

Haskins (right now) is not going to score 30.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think you misunderstood his point, which was that if haskins and the offense put up 17+ points (like we did today) and the defense holds the rams to 17 points, we could have a chance. 

Archived