Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen that many wr screens and rb throws in an nfl game before. Reminds me of some college teams.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

While true, he got voted because he was the QB, we'll be seeing him for the entire season. You don't just switch QBs around, especially when the guy coming in to replace him is actually worse. 

How do you know he’s worse? Just guessing?

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen that many wr screens and rb throws in an nfl game before. Reminds me of some college teams.

The ole ball coach loved him some screens too.

If anyone is stating definitely that Haskins a better QB than any starter or backup in the NFL, they are simply not objective and a fanboy. 

3 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

You didn't ask me, but I'm gonna assume it's because he threw 16 INTs in his last 9 games and had a record of 1-8.

5 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Kyle Allen has nearly a full season under his belt as a starter. Once he got figured out by defenses he was awful and would have been even worse off without CMC to bail him out. So no, I'm not guessing, he is also a bad QB, and worse than Dwayne. Panthers fans were extremely happy they got a 5th for Kyle Allen. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You didn't ask me, but I'm gonna assume it's because he threw 16 INTs in his last 9 games and had a record of 1-8.

Imagine some of these guys if Dwayne did that. 

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Kyle Allen has nearly a full season under his belt as a starter. Once he got figured out by defenses he was awful and would have been even worse off without CMC to bail him out. So no, I'm not guessing, he is also a bad QB, and worse than Dwayne. Panthers fans were extremely happy they got a 5th for Kyle Allen. 

It’s not often we have a player’s family on ES. Welcome Mrs. Haskins! You raised a fine son but he still needs some growth as an NFL QB. But we don’t need to put down his teammates who have never taken a snap for Washington to support your son. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

so you’re just guessing, that’s all you gotta say. No need to bring football in to this because Dwayne definitely has not shown he’s better on the field.

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I was actually gonna say something like that lol...but there are always other issues that underly a player's performance and oh hell who am I kidding nobody here would be saying we need to see more because how do we know who Haskins is yet.

3 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

So you’re going to ignore his first 6 games to try to prove a point? Lol, ok

You mean first 4 games...and you mean focus more on who he became than who he started out being? Yes.

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

This isn’t Carolina. None of you have any clue how Allen would play here, just guessing. We don’t need to guess about Haskins though. Pretty much the worst qb in the nfl in his 11 starts. Guarantee Allen wouldn’t need the training wheels we saw today, 🤣

Same HC and OC as in Carolina...lots of people saying "He already knows the system"....but you are right it's a different jersey color so that trumps everything else.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I was actually gonna say something like that lol...but there are always other issues that underly a player's performance and oh hell who am I kidding nobody here would be saying we need to see more because how do we know who Haskins is yet.

You mean first 4 games...and you mean focus more on who he became than who he started out being? Yes.

Started 5-1, 9 tds/4 ints. More than Haskins has ever shown. I’m willing to see if that’s the Allen we get. Anything’s better than what Haskins is doing.

This isn’t Carolina. None of you have any clue how Allen would play here, just guessing. We don’t need to guess about Haskins though. Pretty much the worst qb in the nfl in his 11 starts. Guarantee Allen wouldn’t need the training wheels we saw today, 🤣

You can guarantee that? A guy that Carolina fans were ok letting go?

Something I did ages and ages ago for a game where Zorn was the coach,  I went through every play and identified how many of them were 1 read passes at or behind the LoS.  Mostly screens but they don’t have to be screens.  I then looked at those plays as compared to plays where the QB actually is given the opportunity to read a play out and throw the ball down field if that’s the decision they made. 

At that point I was doing it to show how much of Zorn’s offense were runs and 1 read screens/throws. Because dude just called a really bad game, and everything called was short.  There weren’t many opportunities given to throw the ball down field just because of the way the game was called.

However I think it would be interesting to look at this game in the same context.  I haven’t done it yet, but it feels like at least half and maybe more of Haskin’s throws are designed quick game either to or behind the LoS.  

Now, I’m totally in favor of quick game and getting the ball out of Haskins hands quickly.  However in most cases quick game doesn’t have to be 5 yards behind the LoS. 

To me that shows a real lack of trust to give Haskins a full play to read out properly and hit the checkdown in the design of the play if necessary.  All offenses have these plays, but the rate with which they’re called for Haskins is certainly above the league average.

The one which was absolutely damning was on 2nd and something late in the game in hurry up.  Instead of giving him an opportunity to throw the ball deep, they called a little inside screen to (I think) McKissic.  Which got blown up.  This is still when they were trying to move the ball and score.  If you have trust in your QB, I think you let him make a read and throw the ball in that situation.  

Just now, Califan007 said:

Same HC and OC as in Carolina...lots of people saying "He already knows the system"....but you are right it's a different jersey color so that trumps everything else.

Different players, a full year older. Lot of differences. Why are you so adamant that he doesn’t get a try? Afraid he’ll be better than Haskins? Lol, I’d be afraid of that too if I were you. It wouldn’t take much

Just now, ClaytoAli said:

Stats for all games please, not just the first 5 games.

He stunk his last 7 games. Still showed in those first 6 games something Haskins has never showed. I’m willing to take my chances. Not like we’re losing a lot to try

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

So if players are cemented where they are early in their career’s you just made the case that Haskins will never improve. For once in your entire history on ES you made a reasonable point. Congratulations. So we should cut Haskins and sign someone of the street. Great!

Different players, a full year older. Lot of differences. Why are you so adamant that he doesn’t get a try? Afraid he’ll be better than Haskins? Lol, I’d be afraid of that too if I were you. It wouldn’t take much

Buddy, relax... if Haskins poops the bed, he’ll see the bench. Until then he’s QB.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Something I did ages and ages ago for a game where Zorn was the coach,  I went through every play and identified how many of them were 1 read passes at or behind the LoS.  Mostly screens but they don’t have to be screens.  I then looked at those plays as compared to plays where the QB actually is given the opportunity to read a play out and throw the ball down field if that’s the decision they made. 

At that point I was doing it to show how much of Zorn’s offense were runs and 1 read screens/throws. Because dude just called a really bad game, and everything called was short.  There weren’t many opportunities given to throw the ball down field just because of the way the game was called.

However I think it would be interesting to look at this game in the same context.  I haven’t done it yet, but it feels like at least half and maybe more of Haskin’s throws are designed quick game either to or behind the LoS.  

Now, I’m totally in favor of quick game and getting the ball out of Haskins hands quickly.  However in most cases quick game doesn’t have to be 5 yards behind the LoS. 

To me that shows a real lack of trust to give Haskins a full play to read out properly and hit the checkdown in the design of the play if necessary.  All offenses have these plays, but the rate with which they’re called for Haskins is certainly above the league average.

The one which was absolutely damning was on 2nd and something late in the game in hurry up.  Instead of giving him an opportunity to throw the ball deep, they called a little inside screen to (I think) McKissic.  Which got blown up.  This is still when they were trying to move the ball and score.  If you have trust in your QB, I think you let him make a read and throw the ball in that situation.  

The JC apologist becomes the Haskins apologist. What a shocker. Congratulations! How about you throw some more Drew Brees is worse than Haskins comparisons in there? 

If Haskins can do some things that other QBs can't and he can improve on enough of what he doesn't do well to make the "can" worthwhile to pursue, you stick with him.  But you only switch to Allen because you want to try to resurrect a potential diamond in the rough.  This is not Sonny-or-Billy.  Frankly, the whole point of this year is surviving as a Team.  Growth and maturation are the keys.

Just now, Califan007 said:

So why is it again that you only focus on his first 6 games but only focus on Haskins' last 4?

Because he showed something those first 6 games that Haskins never showed. Why are you so sure he couldn’t do that again? Haskins never even come close to that level of play. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

The JC apologist becomes the Haskins apologist. What a shocker. Congratulations! How about you throw some more Drew Brees is worse than Haskins comparisons in there? 

Get off of it.  I was never a JC apologist.  

And what part of my post was being an apologist for Haskins?

and don’t bring up Bees.  Your wrong and it makes you look dumb. 

32 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I agree with Galdi:

Would it surprise anyone if this:

Dwayne Haskins was better.

Dwayne Haskins was not nearly good enough.

Dwayne Haskins should remain #WashingtonFootball’s QB1.

...turned into this:

Dwayne Haskins was better.

Dwayne Haskins was good enough.

Dwayne Haskins should remain #WashingtonFootball’s QB1.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

Because he showed something those first 6 games that Haskins never showed. Why are you so sure he couldn’t do that again? Haskins never even come close to that level of play. 

Dude if they believed in any of the bs they are saying they would welcome seeing Allen play. Yet they want to pretend we don’t need to use our eyes. We simply have  to believe Haskins is the next coming. The fanboy cult is strong. 

Archived