Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Man, you must remember a much better Colt McCoy than me. Has he ever even had a 300 yard passing game?

Yeah, he actually threw for 392 against Indy with 3 Tds and no ints on 31 completions.  Colt has a noodle arm, but he's really accurate inside 10 yards and throws a catchable ball.  That's more than I can say for Haskins.

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Man, you must remember a much better Colt McCoy than me. Has he ever even had a 300 yard passing game?

He had 299 yards when he beat the 6-1 Cowboys on MNF in Dallas. You are defending Haskins and saying Colt McCoy sucks. If Haskins plays even half the years Colt has had on the NFL it will be a miracle.

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, If you're running a dink and dunk offense with no threat to push it down the field because Haskins will throw picks if he tries to, than yeah Colt McCoy would be better.  How many WR screens were there today that any QB could make?  How many crossers?  Colt McCoy is far more accurate than Haskins and its not even close.  You think Colt McCoy takes that stupid sack at first and goal from the 10?  

Haskins has had one bad game as starter when it comes to interceptions. Throwing picks is not on his list of issues. If that's actually why they called a short pass game, they ****ed up. Usually it's to get the QB into a rhythm. Or get the offense into one.

And McCoy was likely to not even get the offense into FG position in the first place lol...

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Haskins has had one bad game as starter when it comes to interceptions. Throwing picks is not on his list of issues. If that's actually why they called a short pass game, they ****ed up. Usually it's to get the QB into a rhythm. Or get the offense into one.

And McCoy was likely to not even get the offense into FG position in the first place lol...

He also had a dropped int against Philly, and two more potential dropped ints against the Browns (Wright broke up Ward's pick and the d-lineman dropped the crappy screen he threw).  

8 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

The throw on 4th and goal from the 13 was more egregious than the sack. The sack just showed how immobile he is.

That was inexplicable...only thing I can think of that would make any sense was that for a split second he thought Wright had a clear shot to get into the end zone. If that's the case, he needs glasses.

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

He also had a dropped int against Philly, and two more potential dropped ints against the Browns (Wright broke up Ward's pick and the d-lineman dropped the crappy screen he threw).  

Um, the Browns game was the "one game" I mentioned earlier lol...mentioning near-picks from that game only backs up my point.

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Dude when you put down other players to promote your current fanboy crush you simply look more ridiculous than you even normally do with you takes. In no world can you say Colt McCoy sucks but Haskins doesn’t. Maybe in the fantasy land you apparently occupy but not in the real world. You can defend your guy but when you trash similar or better players it simply becomes absurd. 

32 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

in a Era where offenses win championships, the redskins think we are still in the 80s and 90s by investing so much into the defensive line.  Why do we need 4 first rounders on the d-line when they will be on the field for the entire field.  We put haskins in a position to fail.   We should have drafted the line and WR before we got the QB or maybe buy some time with a veteran and turn the keys to the young gun. 

Or draft a QB that has more than 1 year of college experience...

wow - the scapegoat tweet by the "agent" is foul - throwing everyone else under the bus.  make no mistake that same mentality permeates in Haskins fragile mind.  Get this cancer off the team now before he singlehandedly undermines everything Ron is trying to build.   

They called a dink and dunk offense because they couldn't get plays to the second and third levels consistently blocked.  The Ravens went super blitz heavy and we simply could not get them picked up.  Looked like a preparation issue.  So to counter all of the blitzes we threw 500 screens and slants.

We're not competitive right now.  Literally, we are not honestly competing.  The coaching staff hasn't done a good job this year and it's hard not to think that Rivera's illness is the reason why.  He might need to step away for the season.

From the personnel decisions, to the pending investigations with potentially drastic consequences, to the on field product, to the fact that we didn't even come up with a team name, we're very clearly in a holding pattern and just trying to get to next year.  It sucks.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They called a dink and dunk offense because they couldn't get plays to the second and third levels consistently blocked.  The Ravens went super blitz heavy and we simply could not get them picked up.  Looked like a preparation issue.  So to counter all of the blitzes we threw 500 screens and slants.

We're not competitive right now.  Literally, we are not honestly competing.  The coaching staff hasn't done a good job this year and it's hard not to think that Rivera's illness is the reason why.  He might need to step away for the season.

From the personnel decisions, to the pending investigations with potentially drastic consequences, to the on field product, to the fact that we didn't even come up with a team name, we're very clearly in a holding pattern and just trying to get to next year.  It sucks.

So why are you adamant that Haskins continues to start? Why not see Allen to prove your point?

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Haskins had plenty of time last week.  The o-line gave solid protection.  He should have had 5 picks last week.  At some point you have to blame Haskins.  I know you are the board's biggest fan of Haskins, but do you see the issues regarding his accuracy and pocket awareness?

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But I’m bringing this up because I don’t think THAT in and of itself, is a lack of IQ. It’s experience.

I am not saying IQ at all. I am saying making quick decisions. Haskins somewhat fails in that. I get the experience angle but it is not like he is playing football for the 1st time. A QB knows to throw away if they are about to get sacked. If a QB doesn't do that then they are not playing smart at all especially when you are in striking distance of scoring a TD. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

I am not saying IQ at all. I am saying making quick decisions. Haskins somewhat fails in that. I get the experience angle but it is not like he is playing football for the 1st time. A QB knows to throw away if they are about to get sacked. If a QB doesn't do that then they are not playing smart at all. 

I'm not defending Haskins... But a lot of polished QBs do it, too, when pressing. 

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He had 299 yards when he beat the 6-1 Cowboys on MNF in Dallas. You are defending Haskins and saying Colt McCoy sucks. If Haskins plays even half the years Colt has had on the NFL it will be a miracle.

I dont like Haskins as our QB of the future. You jump to way too many conclusions when you respond to my posts and you have no idea where I stand. 

So McCoy really hasn't had a 300 yard game lmao. Just curious, is that his only win as a starter? 

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I dont like Haskins as our QB of the future. You jump to way too many conclusions when you post and you really have no idea where I stand. 

So McCoy really hasn't had a 300 yard game lmao. Just curious, is that his only win as a starter? 

Yes he did.  Against Indy.  Played really well that game.  

44 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

My memory is bad? Yet you are comparing Haskins to Drew Brees. Okay. Thanks. 

Your memory is bad and I never compared Haskins to Drew Brees. 

Since you aren’t able to have a conversation based on facts or actual posts, and are living in a fantasy world, this is my last post on the topic with you. If you’d like to have the last word, as I’m sure you will, it’s all yours.  

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude when you put down other players to promote your current fanboy crush you simply look more ridiculous than you even normally do with you takes. In no world can you say Colt McCoy sucks but Haskins doesn’t. Maybe in the fantasy land you apparently occupy but not in the real world. You can defend your guy but when you trash similar or better players it simply becomes absurd. 

Go look at McCoy's last game.

Hell, look at the drives McCoy orchestrate over the last 3-4 years when he played.

Hell, I'll do it for you.

McCoy's drives:

2019, he had 15 drives of-

5 yds

67 yds (majority of which were Sims long TD run)

- 7 yds

14 yds

0 yds

7 yds

42 yds

0 yds (interception)

3 yds

35 yds

14 yds

11 yds

5 yds

23 yds

Does that look like someone who is gonna be getting you into field goal range a lot? lol...

Laziest argument you could have made was to chalk up my opinion to having a mancrush on Haskins.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I dont like Haskins as our QB of the future. You jump to way too many conclusions when you respond to my posts and you have no idea where I stand. 

Do you not have access to google or watch any games prior to Haskins being drafted? 

Go look at McCoy's last game.

Hell, look at the drives McCoy orchestrate over the last 3-4 years when he played.

Hell, I'll do it for you.

McCoy's drives:

2019, he had 15 drives of-

5 yds

67 yds (majority of which were Sims long TD run)

- 7 yds

14 yds

0 yds

7 yds

42 yds

0 yds (interception)

3 yds

35 yds

14 yds

11 yds

5 yds

23 yds

Does that look like someone who is gonna be getting you into field goal range a lot? lol...

Laziest argument you could have made was to chalk up my opinion to having a mancrush on Haskins.

When Haskins beats a 6-1 Cowboys team

on MNF for the burgundy and gold, you can talk about him being better than Colt. Until then you can’t. 

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Haskins had plenty of time last week.  The o-line gave solid protection.  He should have had 5 picks last week.  At some point you have to blame Haskins.  I know you are the board's biggest fan of Haskins, but do you see the issues regarding his accuracy and pocket awareness?

The protection was bad last week too, and the run game hasn't been a reliable source of good leverage football.  It's smoke and mirrors outside stuff that picks up a little chunk yardage but isn't a steady attack, or it's relying on Gibson to create off script runs well outside the intended points of attack.  The blocking is just not getting it done.  No quarterback looks good in a situation where his coaches are dropping the ball and 20 of the other guys on the offense are learning on the job.  It's an impossible situation.  The team is a mess right now and drawing lasting conclusions about Haskins based on the performance of the offense so far this season is moronic.  Give him a full and coherent offense, give him real weapons, and give him reliable protection and Haskins's issue with pocket awareness and accuracy disappear.  In other words, put him in a situation that every NFL quarterback needs to sustain success and then perhaps he can succeed.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Your memory is bad and I never compared Haskins to Drew Brees. 

Since you aren’t able to have a conversation based on facts or actual posts, and are living in a fantasy world, this is my last post on the topic with you. If you’d like to have the last word, as I’m sure you will, it’s all yours.  

You brought up Drew Brees as a comparable to Dwayne Haskins in the Haskins thread. No one else mentioned Brees. You did. It’s refusal to acknowledge tangible facts same with Zorn and Jason Campbell that make your opinions nearly worthless. And saying this is the last word because you’re scared to be further embarrassed is a pathetic way to converse in a thread but entirely expected from you. Now let’s see if you stick by your word and remain silent..

Archived