Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Against any zone there it’s going to be tough to get an open receiver in the end zone with that many guys deep in prevent. You can’t really stretch the field vertically or horizontally because the Ravens had to only defend the goal and rally up as almost an entire unit to a short throw (which they did).

The idea there is to throw it in the end zone, or close enough to give the receiver a chance. If Haskins determines nothing was available, he should have moved the pocket and created a scramble drill. 

The ball needs to go into the end zone there. Or close. The only other scenario is a levels play that allows for pitches... but with that many guys deep there are still too many to rally to the pitch men. 

That series was a Haskins fail on the sack, a play calling fail in getting back into a reasonable distance and then a doomed situation on 4th and goal where the team needed playmakers to make something happen. 

Haskins played better, defense failed him.  

It's not like teams haven't won with medicore QB play, but everything else has to go right.

It did not. Not even close. Would Chase Young have made a difference? maybe if he played FS.

Haskins deserves more time to develop, the next guy will have the same problem.  We'd look terrible proving everyone right that we never wanted Haskins in the first place if we bench him, we knew he was a project with little experience, high upside when we drafted him. We knew that.

9 hours ago, skinbuck said:

I want to hear what really transpired on the 4th and 9. Turner specifically asked him to throw into the EZ, and he still dumped it off after surveying the options for less than 2 seconds

Was it an act of defiance, or did he feel pressured to keep his INT score clean, or did he see something that made throwing into the end zone feel like mission impossible?

how can someone who’s been a QB all his life not know situational football? Situational football, to me, is just a fancy name for,  football! I mean this is basics.

This was absolutely terrible.  I'm done with Haskins after that play (even though I wasn't too high with him to begin with).  Even a 12 year old playing Madden knows that you have to just throw it up there.  Either Haskins doesn't get football (because what else does he not know after that horrible decision), or he cares about his stats more than the team.  Both are not good.  

Yesterday Herbert threw a great jump ball and gave his receiver a 50/50 chance.  I have never seen Haskins make throws like that.  He is the most conservative qb I have ever seen.  He is not a baller, plain and simple.  

Haskins really is the last reminder of the Allen/Snyder era.  You absolutely have to factor that in when discussing whether or not to move on from him.  I've seen enough.  Does anyone think he's going to magically get better in 12 more games?

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Haskins played better, defense failed him.  

It's not like teams haven't won with medicore QB play, but everything else has to go right.

It did not. Not even close. Would Chase Young have made a difference? maybe if he played FS.

Haskins deserves more time to develop, the next guy will have the same problem.  We'd look terrible proving everyone right that we never wanted Haskins in the first place if we bench him, we knew he was a project with little experience, high upside when we drafted him. We knew that.

He played better. I thought the defense, played fairly well, but we have gaping holes: crApke, Anderson, SDH were directly responsible for 3 scores. But neither played well enough to win. We did well against their run game--other than Jackson's 50 yard run--which was entirely on Ryan Anderson running to where no one was. We have pieces: Fuller, Darby (I know he is disliked, but he really has been solid), Moreau (who needs to play more), our DL, McLaurin, Gibson. Unfortunately QB is not one of them. I wish it was, but the response to Haskins performance was he was better, but not good enough. A couple of really bad plays has soured his performance. But, again, he needs to continue to start--the one-trick pony posters on here be damned.

So tired of the excuses.  Every rookie QB is in a new system, it appears as if several are doing quite well.  His OL is bad but it's not like he is under siege with every pass attempt, I think it's fair to say the protection has been better than any of us expected.

He played better yesterday no doubt.  But it's clear that he is capable of one play, the slant which is my favorite play too. But you need much more than that out of your QB.  To blame anyone other than the QB for throwing that dump off while not even pressured in that situation is mind boggling.  Now I'm reading Ron left him in instead of kicking the FG because he wanted to test his QB, he also said Turner told him the throw had to go into the end zone.  

15 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I've seen enough.  Does anyone think he's going to magically get better in 12 more games?

I personally don't expect him to magically get better at the stuff that bothers the hell out of me when watching him play.  But at the same time, he should continue to play until Ron has no choice but to yank him for the sake of the rest of the locker room.  I'd imagine most of our roster is aware of what they are dealing with in Haskins..  I don't expect things to get testy for a few more weeks.

On a side note, his agent really put his foot in his mouth.  There is absolutely zero upside to tweeting that crap out.

12 hours ago, httr2020dynasty said:

The throw on 4th and goal from the 13 was more egregious than the sack. The sack just showed how immobile he is.

It really is. Either he just wanted a completion to save par or didn't understand it has to be in the paint. Either one is most concerning. Most

52 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

giphy.gif

Someone pleeeeease edit this and put Rons face on Rafiki's body and I will love you forever lol 

(Rafiki is the monkey, you would know this if you were an 80's baby and anyone ever cared about you ever in your sad life) 

The scariest thing to me is I see a guy who's gotten worse not better. 

Last year at the end of the year, I saw a guy who was learning, who's confidence was growing, someone who wasn't afraid to shuffle around and out of the pocket and attempt the difficult off balance throw.

This year all I see is captain checkdown.

Patrick Mahomes took the good from Alex smith and discarded the bad, Haskins has done the opposite. 

I didn't get to see all of the game yesterday but he looked better.  That's the type of the game you want to have from someone after a poor one.  That looks like a completion percentage around 70 percent and 300+ yards.  No TDs, but also no picks.  People on twitter are whining about that pass to McLaurin coming in garbage time but so what?  It sounded like he was able to have a few long drives, too.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't get to see all of the game yesterday but he looked better.  That's the type of the game you want to have from someone after a poor one.  That looks like a completion percentage around 70 percent and 300+ yards.  No TDs, but also no picks.  People on twitter are whining about that pass to McLaurin coming in garbage time but so what?  It sounded like he was able to have a few long drives, too.

You have to watch the game to get the real feel for it. Only four of his 32 completions were over 10 yards, including that McLaurin pass. 

But the biggest thing with him yesterday was his play in big moments. He just didn’t have the awareness you want to see from even a young QB. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You have to watch the game to get the real feel for it. Only four of his 32 completions were over 10 yards, including that McLaurin pass. 

But the biggest thing with him yesterday was his play in big moments. He just didn’t have the awareness you want to see from even a young QB. 

Fair enough, but was it better than last week?

Archived