Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Do you not have access to google or watch any games prior to Haskins being drafted? 

When Haskins beats a 6-1 Cowboys team

on MNF for the burgundy and gold, you can talk about him being better than Colt. Until then you can’t. 

You are comparing a half eaten taco out of the garbage to a burrito you found on the side of the road with skeptical mayonnaise in it.

There's a reason McCoy has been a backup his entire career. Once again, neither are good QBs. So please keep telling me how much I love Haskins. 

40 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He had 299 yards when he beat the 6-1 Cowboys on MNF in Dallas. You are defending Haskins and saying Colt McCoy sucks. If Haskins plays even half the years Colt has had on the NFL it will be a miracle.

Don't go in the game day thread. They are now comparing Haskins play to Alex Smith... 🤣 🤣 🤣

So this thread is now an argument about whether Haskins is better than McCoy (not a good sign when you need to have that convo), a "did vs. didn't" on whether someone compared Brees to Haskins and anyone that thinks Haskins not playing well is Haskins fault is moronic.

Did I miss anything?

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

So this thread is now an argument about whether Haskins is better than McCoy (not a good sign when you need to have that convo), a "did vs. didn't" on whether someone compared Brees to Haskins and anyone that thinks Haskins not playing well is Haskins fault is moronic.

Did I miss anything?

Yes you missed the important question as to when is it appropriate for a player’s agent to question the decision making of the Head coach and throw his client’s teammates under the bus as the culprits for poor play on a public social media platform? 

There is no doubt that Haskins is a bottom 5 starting QB in the league right now and arguably the worst(not counting backups only starting due to injury although even those guys might be better than Haskins).

There is also no doubt that the offense is bare bones vanilla because the coaches know Haskins can't execute anything with any sorts of complexity. Its RG3 in 2013/2014 all over again except this time there is no Kirk Cousins who can come in and run the offense.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes you missed the important question as to when is it appropriate for a player’s agent to question the decision making of the Head coach and throw his client’s teammates under the bus as the culprits for poor play on a public social media platform? 

The answer is: Never.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't really study Herbert at all but I admit I am surprised

I saw 5 secs of video on Herbert at the combine.  He looked good - size, arm, poise, outgoing, confident.  He chucked that ball in the segment I saw.  Reminded me of the ROTC guy throwing the javelin in Revenge of the Nerds.

1 minute ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I saw 5 secs of video on Herbert at the combine.  He looked good - size, arm, poise, outgoing, confident.  He chucked that ball in the segment I saw.  Reminded me of the ROTC guy throwing the javelin in Revenge of the Nerds.

I watched some of Herbert games, the ones I watched he was so up and down that i had a hard time landing on an opinion but I didn't try that hard.  But for a biggish dude at least height wise he had some decent mobility. 

3 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I watched most of his games at Oregon. I just don’t trust anyone from that offense to translate into the NFL. If it was an exact science there would never be busts. And it’s 3 games in. Everything can change fast. 

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, he actually threw for 392 against Indy with 3 Tds and no ints on 31 completions.  Colt has a noodle arm, but he's really accurate inside 10 yards and throws a catchable ball.  That's more than I can say for Haskins.

Dude Colt would be on a stretcher by halftime. Have you seen our line?

We'll see Kyle Allen I'm sure during this season and there'll be a point where he'll get this offense rolling.

But Allen he has a *low ceiling. Once NFL defenses adjust and realize he's no threat to beat them over the top or with his arm his game looks really ugly.

The QB of the future isn't on the roster atm IMO.

5 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

The last stand of Dwayne Haskins.

Either he wins or takes his place with all the others who have been swept up and into the eternal dustpan of failed quarterbacks.

Here's hoping.  He's missing too many things that even a rookie can decipher on the field.  Unfortunately, just doesn't have it

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is also no doubt that the offense is bare bones vanilla because the coaches know Haskins can't execute anything with any sorts of complexity. Its RG3 in 2013/2014 all over again except this time there is no Kirk Cousins who can come in and run the offense.

Why are you putting this all on Haskins?  How are you supposed to run vertical concepts when you can't get blitzes picked up?  When you can't even get proper depth on a vertical set from your edge protectors to create a pocket to step up into?  When your coach won't even make standard zone beater calls appropriate to the down and distance and situation?  When you can't count on any of your receivers to go up and make a play on the ball in traffic for you, and certainly not your TEs?  You can't even count on them to stay on time and run the right routes for you.   When only one of your receivers can walk up to the line and beat a press?  When you can't even count on your soft ass receiver to fall forward and get an easy first down?  When you can't even count on your RB to come up and give you a damn push on a goal line QB sneak.

Every single member of the offense is currently learning on the job, including the coordinator.  They're inexperienced and it shows.  They all need to grow and get better, but if anyone deserves to have this crappy product laid at their feet, it's the FO and coaching staff.  The personnel is not good enough and it was a bad idea to veer so inexperienced to where you can't even install a real offense.  This was intentional.  And the coaching staff isn't doing enough to get the team ready to play and they're not competing hard enough to win during the games themselves.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why are you putting this all on Haskins?  How are you supposed to run vertical concepts when you can't get blitzes picked up?  When you can't even get proper depth on a vertical set from your edge protectors to create a pocket to step up into?  When your coach won't even make standard zone beater calls appropriate to the down and distance and situation?  When you can't count on any of your receivers to go up and make a play on the ball in traffic for you, and certainly not your TEs?  You can't even count on them to stay on time and run the right routes for you.   When only one of your receivers can walk up to the line and beat a press?  When you can't even count on your soft ass receiver to fall forward and get an easy first down?  When you can't even count on your RB to come up and give you a damn push on a goal line QB sneak.

Every single member of the offense is currently learning on the job, including the coordinator.  They're inexperienced and it shows.  They all need to grow and get better, but if anyone deserves to have this crappy product laid at their feet, it's the FO and coaching staff.  The personnel is not good enough and it was a bad idea to veer so inexperienced to where you can't even install a real offense.  This was intentional.  And the coaching staff isn't doing enough to get the team ready to play and they're not competing hard enough to win during the games themselves.

It isn't all on Haskins and I agree the talent just isn't there. I don't put too much blame on the coaches. This is a rebuilding/evaluation year so we're going in super young and seeing who fits so I don't really mind it at all. It does suck though that we could probably screw around and win the division with a 7-9 type record with a QB like Alex Smith but in the long run its better to keep bottoming out this year.

Archived