Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think you misunderstood his point, which was that if haskins and the offense put up 17+ points (like we did today) and the defense holds the rams to 17 points, we could have a chance. 

If my grandma had different anatomy she would be my grandpa too. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think you misunderstood his point, which was that if haskins and the offense put up 17+ points (like we did today) and the defense holds the rams to 17 points, we could have a chance. 

Exactly.  If the defense can keep the opposing O to less than 20, we can win with Haskins.  

Chase Young or no Chase Young, the defense is not good.  So ultimately, we are a bad team.   

We should not be overburdening a young QB.   

At the same time, I have to say this: stop missing throws that are just 2 yards away.  This needs to improve.  I will give him two more games.  He should miss exactly ZERO of those.  

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The entire post. You are trying to blame the coach and play calling for a trash qb. Just like the same useless exercise you took with Zorn and JC.  It’s very pathetic and sad you don’t see it. Those who don’t learn from history are bound to repeat it. That quote is a reference to self absorbed posters who refuse to accept that they posted nonsense for years and for some even more than a decade and yet continue to double down.

What a blissfully ignorant world some choose to occupy. If it wasn’t so pathetic I might slightly be impressed. 

Again, you fail to actually pick up the point of my post.  And again, this is entirely on you. 

In reality, more than one thing can be true at a time.  Zorn was an absolutely horrid coach.  And JC was not a good QB.  There is no reason to think that both things can't be true.  

My point in the Zorn exercise was to see why it appeared as though every play we ran was within 5 yards of the LoS. 

My point for this excersise is I think, since I believe Scott Turner to be competent, and the offense is actually pretty slick, is to figure out WHY the game is being called the way it is.

And again, I basically am stating the reason the game is being called the way it is is because the coaches have absolutely no faith in Haskins' ability to execute the offense. 

I think you're just failing entirely at reading comprehension.  Reading is one thing.  Comprehending is another.  This is now 2 posts you've completely read wrong.  Maybe work on that before responding to more of my posts.  It might help you out.  

28 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He should get a few more games but at some point you make the switch if there isn’t a noticeable improvement. From bottom tier to passable would be enough to justify starting him. 

This team has a lot of players on defense who need to get gameplay experience that doesn’t involve constantly being out on the field in tough situations because the offense sucks. 

Bingo.  He has still not made the journeyman status yet.  Right now, he looks like a terrible rookie. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Again, you fail to actually pick up the point of my post.  And again, this is entirely on you. 

In reality, more than one thing can be true at a time.  Zorn was an absolutely horrid coach.  And JC was not a good QB.  There is no reason to think that both things can't be true.  

My point in the Zorn exercise was to see why it appeared as though every play we ran was within 5 yards of the LoS. 

My point for this excersise is I think, since I believe Scott Turner to be competent, and the offense is actually pretty slick, is to figure out WHY the game is being called the way it is.

And again, I basically am stating the reason the game is being called the way it is is because the coaches have absolutely no faith in Haskins' ability to execute the offense. 

I think you're just failing entirely at reading comprehension.  Reading is one thing.  Comprehending is another.  This is now 2 posts you've completely read wrong.  Maybe work on that before responding to more of my posts.  It might help you out.  

Funny how you sound exactly like you did defending JC and Zorn. At least you’re consistent! Congratulations?

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

@Voice_of_Reason You mentioned Drew Brees as a comparable to Haskins in the Haskins thread. You are the one who brought up his name not anyone else. I think the lady doth protest too much...

Good God Man, you fail at reading comprehension. 

So what you're saying is regardless of the context when you bring up a comparable, it's a positive comparable?  It's not possible I was bringing it up as a negative comparable?  

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

I’ve seen it all now. People blaming our defense and saying Haskins is playing well enough to win. 😂 

Just because the defense has a bunch of first rounders doesn't mean that it's good.  They get owned as the game goes on.  We played well against the Eagles, because they had a banged-up offensive line.  Since then,  the defense has been bad IMO.

Look at the Cleveland game, for example.  Haskins turned the ball over 4 times.  How many times did the D stop the Cleveland offense after the turnover? 

Just now, No Excuses said:

Bad field positioning, not enough break between series, constantly playing from behind.

Right.  The offense has been down 10+ pts at halftime for  6 straight games.  For a team that invested so much into the line and going after the QB, teams are just running the ball down our throats bc we are tired and they have the lead and don't fear our offense at all.  We really can't go after the QB

I don’t understand the Haskins and Allen arguments. Last year, Kyle Allen was in his second NFL season and Rivera had every opportunity to evaluate him in a relatively stable offense in Carolina. Yet, Rivera is, or trying to get, behind Haskins. That should be the end of the argument.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

I’ve seen it all now. People blaming our defense and saying Haskins is playing well enough to win. 😂 

Haskins is not a NFL QB.  It was pretty obvious last year but too early to make the call. Its not anymore.  Sit him. If they believe in his upside, put some effort the next 2-3 years in to  developing him. He could be a decent backup someday.  You have to develop somebody, might as well be him.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Good God Man, you fail at reading comprehension. 

So what you're saying is regardless of the context when you bring up a comparable, it's a positive comparable?  It's not possible I was bringing it up as a negative comparable?  

Dude you never owned your complete and utter failure on Zorn and JC and yet you’re proudly bringing up analysis you did during that time to this day! Do you realize how little credibility you have after those years of spewing nonsense? Anyone taking you seriously after that would be the same as listening to my cat for football takes. If you own your horrible takes humble yourself and learn then maybe you can begin to be absolved. At this point you’re basically a feline giving football advice. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Funny how you sound exactly like you did defending JC and Zorn. At least you’re consistent! Congratulations?

Except I never defended either.  I claimed Zorn was the worst coach in the NFL. From about midway through his first year.  I think I even said that he was an awful coach while they were on their 6-2 "heater."  Because the way they were winning was completely not sustainable, and anybody with 2 eyes could see it.  The defense had lost it's attacking edge, and the offense was literally a 1985 version of the WCO from Bill Walsh.  It was just awful.  

And JC had massive limitations in delivery and anticipation.  Those were my overall points, and have always been. 

I might have tried to explain how awful Zorn was, and if you took that as a defense of JC, I can't help you there.  If you can't see how 2 things can be true at the same time, eh, whatever.  Zorn was atrocious.  It's somewhat interesting to thing that somehow, in one decade, one team had the worst coach in the league TWICE, once with Spurrier and then with Zorn. But that's a different topic.  

Archived