Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I hate Snyder as much as anyone, but I don't think fans dislike Haskins because he was picked by Snyder.

It's not that fans hate Haskins personally, they hate the fact that he was a Snyder pick and they see the poor play and start to wonder if Rivera was ordered to start him.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

It's not that fans hate Haskins personally, they hate the fact that he was a Snyder pick and they see the poor play and start to wonder if Rivera was ordered to start him.

Obviously he was ordered to work with him. He had to have multiple meetings with Dan and Scott to get permission to dump KOC. 

Dan hired Zorn because of Campbell. Hired Jay because of RG3 and Ron because of Haskins. Jay and Ron have to do the dance initially and give the Dan’s guy a chance then they can move forward.

if Ron had complete freedom Cam would be the QB right now.

Last time Dan played GM he wanted to draft Santana Moss over Rod Gardner. He was overruled by Marty. Ever since then, Dan thinks he’s smarter than the football people. Haskins succeeding would cement that delusion. 

42 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

True, it's not like Haskins is at fault for being Dan's pick, I just don't have any faith in anything the previous regime did so I think Ron should be allowed to do whatever he wants. And I think Ron has that luxury but I think Ron was going to give Haskins the first chance no matter what just because he was the big Dan pick. I don't dislike Haskins at all, if he suddenly became the franchise qb I'd cheer him and the team on. I just haven't seen any capability of that from him. He looks like he's simply not ready for the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

RG3 was still the starter when Gruden came in. He didn't bench RG3 until later.

Gruden started coaching in 2014, and that was the Merry-Go-Round year where all three QBs on the roster started at least 4 games. Cousins was the full-time starter in 2015

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

That is what people keep interjecting but that is not what I am arguing.

That is a whole other argument.

Ok...ok... i can see the confusion and I think I’ve got it...Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's-your-father; hairy blighter, dicky-birded, feathered back on his sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harpers and caught his can in the Bertie.

20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Haskins deserves a run of games through to the bye week. If he’s benched before that, I think Rivera has sold out on him too soon.

The other players deserve a chance to win the division. There is no entitlement in the NFL. He can sit and watch. If we are eliminated from playoff contention then you can put him back in to see if there has been any improvement as you evaluate for 2021.

I believed this idea to be true more than ever now.....

This team is in what I'll call the 4th preseason game this week. DH has had the full confidence of the entire organization. For the first time, in many years, there was no question who the starting QB is. Last year, I could see why DH was pressing. This year not so much. I believe this next game is going to make or break DH's opportunity to remain the starter. If DH continues to play the way he's playing, it does not allow this staff to properly evaluate the rest of this young offense. I truly believe this entire year is tryouts and DH is a part of that. But I think these 4 games will give this staff enough film to evaluate whether DH is the future since they did not draft him. The fact that this team is in first place is significant as well. If there is a possibility to do well and the team suffers because DH can't hit an out route or remains high on passes down the middle, I'm sure Ron can't just chalk it up to tryouts if there is a chance to give this team the possibility to make a playoff run. I really think DH's run is going be based on what the other teams in the division are able to do. 

13 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I believed this idea to be true more than ever now.....

I agree, give him this game lets see what happens but if we are even remotely close to being in a winning position at half 7-13 or something and Haskins has a couple turnovers that led to the 13 its Baltimore would have  its time to put him on the bench I don't care what he did in college who he played high school football or what, you don't handicap 53 guys for one in the league I can understand maybe if he has shown something like putting a team on his back and rallying to victory but I've seen little to anything from him....

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Obviously he was ordered to work with him. He had to have multiple meetings with Dan and Scott to get permission to dump KOC. 

Dan hired Zorn because of Campbell. Hired Jay because of RG3 and Ron because of Haskins. Jay and Ron have to do the dance initially and give the Dan’s guy a chance then they can move forward.

if Ron had complete freedom Cam would be the QB right now.

Last time Dan played GM he wanted to draft Santana Moss over Rod Gardner. He was overruled by Marty. Ever since then, Dan thinks he’s smarter than the football people. Haskins succeeding would cement that delusion.

Frankly, "the football people" are right and wrong on everything all the time.  I'm not defending Snyder, but if "the football people" had to cough up every time they struck dirt on a can't-miss prospect, Congress would have to create a new bankruptcy code chapter for them.

29 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The other players deserve a chance to win the division. There is no entitlement in the NFL. He can sit and watch. 

Rivera knew what he was getting in Haskins 9 months ago. He overlooked several veteran options, and options in the draft, and brought Kyle Allen in to be the safety net back up. To give up on Haskins within 6 games is selling out and I’d blame Rivera for that.

Me, I’d have signed Cam Newton. I said that months ago. Rivera could have had him EASILY.

If Haskins is put out to pasture so soon, I’ll be disappointed in our coaching staff.

And I’d add that I’m not sold on Haskins either. But you either commit or you don’t.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Rivera knew what he was getting in Haskins 9 months ago. He overlooked several veteran options, and options in the draft, and brought Kyle Allen in to be the safety net back up. To give up on Haskins within 6 games is selling out and I’d blame Rivera for that.

Me, I’d have signed Cam Newton. I said that months ago. Rivera could have had him EASILY.

If Haskins is put out to pasture so soon, I’ll be disappointed in our coaching staff.

And I’d add that I’m not sold on Haskins either. But you either commit or you don’t.

I don't know. This is not really a normal situation. Haskins is playing so bad that he's not giving Ron much of a choice. If Ron truly believes WFT has a shot at the East and Haskins is showing he gives them little to no chance on offense, he'll change things up quick. 

I think there's something psychological going with Haskins.  By that, I mean his brain has been absorbing a lot over the last year, particularly this offseason w/o preseason and real OTAs, etc., and what I think we're seeing is his brain has not had an opportunity to assimilate and organize everything in a non-chaotic fashion.  It's like he needs to do one of those peyote rituals or something.  I think there's a religious exemption in federal law for peyote.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yep, I recall that rollercoaser year.

RG3 started games 1, and 9 through 11, and 14-16.

Then it was over for him.

And outside of perhaps John Beck, I don't think we have seen a redskin QB play as badly in the last 20 years. Those last couple of games were the only time I can remember not watching the games.

As bad as Haskins has been, he doesn't come close.

21 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

And outside of perhaps John Beck, I don't think we have seen a redskin QB play as badly in the last 20 years.

Dwayne Haskins in his first three starts this season are only slightly better than John Beck's three starts in 2011.  

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Dwayne Haskins in his first three starts this season are only slightly better than John Beck's three starts in 2011.  

That may be true statistically, but at least he can throw an accurate pass beyond 10 years one out of every three attempts. John Beck's style of play resulted in Roy Helu getting a single game reception record hahahaha

(I'm obviously not saying that Haskins has been remotely good)

Archived