Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Out of curiosity, who are the Haskins fanboys?  I haven’t read anybody really defending Haskins. The closest to a defense is it’s too early after 10 games to know.  Which isn’t really a defense or fanboy status.  

I haven’t read any posts really defending Haskins.  Defending either his completion percentage, his interceptions, he’ll even his attitude at times.  Maybe I’m missing it.  I haven’t really read any people say they’re even fans of Haskins. 

Unless you’re lumping the “we haven’t seen enough yet” crowd in as fanboys, which I think is unfair, I don’t know who you’re talking about.  

To be fair, there’s a few different “we haven’t seen enough” crowds.

1. The Classic - These people refuse to make any kind of point or observation on his play. They truly believe it’s too early and we haven’t seen enough.

2. The Hopefuls - These are the people who see his flaws but hold onto the hope that he’ll succeed and will find any sliver of hope to prop their hopes on... mostly because they can’t stomach another bust at QB.

3. The Eyebrow Raisers - People that think it’s probably too early but are more on the side of him not being the guy in DC, but don’t think giving up on anyone without adequate sample is wise because it sets a poor precedent.

There’s no true fanboys because... well... he hasn’t played well enough to have them.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Kyle Allen is ass. Rivera has already seen what he can do.

Give Haskins the entire season. Period.

I don’t agree with that.  If you see another couple games like the one he just had, you have to sit him down.  You can’t keep trotting our a guy who’s not progressing.  That’s just unfair to the rest of the team.  

Im not suggesting Kyle Allen will be better.  But at the very least you have to give him a shot if Haskins keeps playing at the level he is.  

I do have to say: I've never seen a coach pre-emptively call out a QB like this. If they have to yank someone, they just do it. So my hunch is this is a motivational ploy by Ron, and call me a ****eyed Haskins honk, but I think it might just work..

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t agree with that.  If you see another couple games like the one he just had, you have to sit him down.  You can’t keep trotting our a guy who’s not progressing.  That’s just unfair to the rest of the team.  

Im not suggesting Kyle Allen will be better.  But at the very least you have to give him a shot if Haskins keeps playing at the level he is.  

I only bench Haskins if he's so bad that it's literally impossible to evaluate anyone else on offense.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Out of curiosity, who are the Haskins fanboys?  I haven’t read anybody really defending Haskins. The closest to a defense is it’s too early after 10 games to know.  Which isn’t really a defense or fanboy status.  

I haven’t read any posts really defending Haskins.  Defending either his completion percentage, his interceptions, he’ll even his attitude at times.  Maybe I’m missing it.  I haven’t really read any people say they’re even fans of Haskins. 

Unless you’re lumping the “we haven’t seen enough yet” crowd in as fanboys, which I think is unfair, I don’t know who you’re talking about.  

You have a poster in this asking other posters to please help defend Haskins if he continues to suck while still defending Jason Campbell as a good QB. Several other “fanboys” as well arguing Haskins is better than other young QBs now. Not potential. They actually think he’s not the worst in the NFL today.

The “we haven’t seen enough yet” crowd are intentionally ignorant. Maybe not fanboys but pretty close at this point. They know exactly how this movie will end. They see the oncoming train but want to wait for the accident to actually happen. 

Haskins has pretty much played as much as Heath Shuler did. We don’t need to see more. In no world does Haskins become a viable QB in the NFL for Washington. It was obvious he was a bust last year. It’s over for him. 

1 minute ago, skinbuck said:

I do have to say: I've never seen a coach pre-emptively call out a QB like this. If they have to yank someone, they just do it. So my hunch is this is a motivational ploy by Ron, and call me a ****eyed Haskins honk, but I think it might just work..

I think he meant every word. But did it to motivate. Agree with you. Hope it does work... this could be a game that destroys his confidence... or begins his rise.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I only bench Haskins if he's so bad that it's literally impossible to evaluate anyone else on offense.

I don’t think he’s far from that so far. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Eh. If you don’t see him catching on and continues to make the same mistakes, then I think you can go to Kyle Allen.  

Brees was benched by Marty because he wasn’t progressing and was costing the team games.  Which didn’t destroy Brees.  

If Haskins isn’t learning and developing while playing you’ve got to sit him down or else you risk losing the team. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You have a poster in this asking other posters to please help defend Haskins if he continues to suck while still defending Jason Campbell as a good QB. Several other “fanboys” as well arguing Haskins is better than other young QBs now. Not potential. They actually think he’s not the worst in the NFL today.

The “we haven’t seen enough yet” crowd are intentionally ignorant. Maybe not fanboys but pretty close at this point. They know exactly how this movie will end. They see the oncoming train but want to wait for the accident to actually happen. 

Haskins has pretty much played as much as Heath Shuler did. We don’t need to see more. In no world does Haskins become a viable QB in the NFL for Washington. It was obvious he was a bust last year. It’s over for him. 

Sorry but that's ridiculous. Glad your just a poster on a message board and no one of significant influence when it comes to WFT. Wanting to see him get more reps in a new system after 3 games doesn't make me ignorant no matter what the outcome is. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair, there’s a few different “we haven’t seen enough” crowds.

1. The Classic - These people refuse to make any kind of point or observation on his play. They truly believe it’s too early and we haven’t seen enough.

2. The Hopefuls - These are the people who see his flaws but hold onto the hope that he’ll succeed and will find any sliver of hope to prop their hopes on... mostly because they can’t stomach another bust at QB.

3. The Eyebrow Raisers - People that think it’s probably too early but are more on the side of him not being the guy in DC, but don’t think giving up on anyone without adequate sample is wise because it sets a poor precedent.

There’s no true fanboys because... well... he hasn’t played well enough to have them.

Fair.  Put me in category 3. Purely based on his atrocious mechanics which lead to horrid accuracy.  

Staring down receivers and not knowing how to manipulate a defense with your eyes are forgivable sins to a QB with 10 starts.  

Doing a backwards cartwheel while throwing across your body for no reason and missing a guy wide open by 3 yards is not.  

9 minutes ago, pico926 said:

I'd just like to see him get more reps before cutting the cord. If Allen is anything close to his 2nd half 2019 self then why. He didn't win the job in camp so what's the point putting him in so early in season. It's not fanboy it just seems like the prudent thing to do. 

He didn’t win the job because Haskins was forced on Ron because Dan drafted him. They had to do this dance just like Jay had to do it with RG3.

The prudent thing to do is ditch the sunk cost fallacy and dump the junk asset for anything you can get. 

Even if he did win the job, which I doubt is how it went down, he’s not playing well enough to keep it. Ron has a clean slate, he gave him a chance and he showed he’s not ready. I’d give him one more game to show improvement and then it’s Allen time. And he’s been so bad that his improvement doesn’t have to be good, it just has to be enough to not be the worst passer in the nfl.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Fair.  Put me in category 3. Purely based on his atrocious mechanics which lead to horrid accuracy.  

Staring down receivers and not knowing how to manipulate a defense with your eyes are forgivable sins to a QB with 10 starts.  

Doing a backwards cartwheel while throwing across your body for no reason and missing a guy wide open by 3 yards is not.  

This Rypien kid for Denver looks better than Dwayne....looks calm, poised and mechanically sound not to mention he's accurate. And he's taken a handful of cheap shots to boot.

5 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Sorry but that's ridiculous. Glad your just a poster on a message board and no one of significant influence when it comes to WFT. Wanting to see him get more reps in a new system after 3 games doesn't make me ignorant no matter what the outcome is. 

You already know what the outcome will be. You already know he’s a bust. You think you need more information to confirm but that’s a you problem. You have no examples of anyone ever who has played like him rebounding with the team that drafted him. The verdict is in dude. Sucks but it’s a fact. It is what it is.

We don’t need to waste more time and resources on a path that is a guaranteed failure. Particularly in a season where we are in first place with a very decent to good defense.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

True, if Haskins was making some of the throws Rypien has made, I’d be all for him starting. But we are no threat to complete balls downfield

All in all I agree that Ryp has looked decent... but that throwaway gaffe and the underthrown pass that hit Desir in the hands and Jeudy plucked it out of the air are plays we’d be all over Haskins for.

He’s looked decent. He has poise. That’s for sure. Had a nice bucket drop pass. Good pocket presence. 

But the two mistakes were really big ones.

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You really are sensitive about JC.  Did he kick your dog or something? Dude hasn’t played here for 11 years.  I haven’t read every post in this thread so I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.  As @KDawgsaid, Haskins hasn’t played near well enough to have fanboys.  Minus maybe one poster who’s all schtick and got himself banned.  Apart from him, I haven’t seen any real defenses of Haskins.  It kinda feels like you’re trying to talk them into existence.

I disagree the “haven’t seen enough yet” crowd is intentionally delusional.  I think @KDawgdid a good job defining the groups of the “wait and see” folks.  I think a lot of us are trending towards #3 “it isn’t going to work but 10 games isn’t enough.  Let’s see progress.”  

Personally, if we don’t see progress in the next 2-3 weeks, I think you’ve got to sit him.  He doesn’t have to turn into Troy Aikman overnight.  But we need to see less mistakes, better fundamentals, and much better accuracy.  If you don’t get those things, you have to give somebody else a chance while he works on his mechanics and accuracy. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

You really are sensitive about JC.  Did he kick your dog or something? Dude hasn’t played here for 11 years.  I haven’t read every post in this thread so I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.  As @KDawgsaid, Haskins hasn’t played near well enough to have fanboys.  Minus maybe one poster who’s all schtick and got himself banned.  Apart from him, I haven’t seen any real defenses of Haskins.  It kinda feels like you’re trying to talk them into existence.

I disagree the “haven’t seen enough yet” crowd is intentionally delusional.  I think @KDawgdid a good job defining the groups of the “wait and see” folks.  I think a lot of us are trending towards #3 “it isn’t going to work but 10 games isn’t enough.  Let’s see progress.”  

Personally, if we don’t see progress in the next 2-3 weeks, I think you’ve got to sit him.  He doesn’t have to turn into Troy Aikman overnight.  But we need to see less mistakes, better fundamentals, and much better accuracy.  If you don’t get those things, you have to give somebody else a chance while he works on his mechanics and accuracy. 

The Ravens and then Aaron Donald and the Rams the next two weeks is a gauntlet that you don’t want to be going into hoping not to get benched.

But if he pulls it off? Narrative changer. 

Just now, KDawg said:

All in all I agree that Ryp has looked decent... but that throwaway gaffe and the underthrown pass that hit Desir in the hands and Jeudy plucked it out of the air are plays we’d be all over Haskins for.

He’s looked decent. He has poise. That’s for sure. Had a nice bucket drop pass. Good pocket presence. 

But the two mistakes were really big ones.

I’m fine with mistakes. I just want to see the ability to make those throws. Rypien threw a deep touch corner route and two deep routes even though one you mentioned was kind of lucky. If Haskins gave me this half Id support him playing more.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

I’m fine with mistakes. I just want to see the ability to make those throws. Rypien threw a deep touch corner route and two deep routes even though one you mentioned was kind of lucky. If Haskins gave me this half Id support him playing more.

Oh, I’m not saying I’m not okay with mistakes. But I am being fair (I try to be at all times, but we all have biases). 

The throwaway pick is really, really bad. 

The under thrown fade ball is more forgiveable.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You already know what the outcome will be. You already know he’s a bust. You think you need more information to confirm but that’s a you problem. You have no examples of anyone ever who has played like him rebounding with the team that drafted him. The verdict is in dude. Sucks but it’s a fact. It is what it is.

We don’t need to waste more time and resources on a path that is a guaranteed failure. Particularly in a season where we are in first place with a very decent to good defense.

I think it's a WE problem because you aren't a coach and aren't in the front office and aren't anyone of influence for that matter. I don't know what the outcome will be because I don't have a crystal ball or Ms. Cleo sitting next to me. Seen QB's struggle out the gate and bounce back. Statistical worse at a point in time is really irrelevant. Can he bounce back and improve?

If it is a guarantee then go to Vegas a bet your life savings on it. Bet you won't because nothing is guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The Ravens and then Aaron Donald and the Rams the next two weeks is a gauntlet that you don’t want to be going into hoping not to get benched.

But if he pulls it off? Narrative changer. 

he seems to be saying the right things today. color me optimistic. stay turnover free, make a few splash plays. show tangible improvement in mechanics and decision-making and accuracy. Let's go

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

First, we had years of arguments in this board over JC. Anyone posting during that time has that history and they don’t get to say oops my bad but this time I’m right. Same with the other QB controversies, plenty to choose from. Your past posts build or destroy credibility and your reaction to accepting and processing new information that conflict with your position also do that and define if you are reasonable or not. That is why JC is relevant.

As far as Haskins, why do you need to see progress in the next 2-3 weeks? Then it’s appropriate to bench him? A bust is a bust from the second he is drafted. It’s not a cake in the oven that’s done and suddenly becomes a bust at a point in time in the future.

You already know he’s not going to turn it around. You might hope/wish/pray that it does but rationally you are smart enough to know it’s over. So why worry about the sunk cost of what it took to draft him? That’s just dumping additional valuable resources on a bad decision. Incidentally, one that was made by the owner and not the football people.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

First, we had years of arguments in this board over JC. Anyone posting during that time has that history and they don’t get to say oops my bad but this time I’m right. Same with the other QB controversies, plenty to choose from. Your past posts build or destroy credibility and your reaction to accepting and processing new information that conflict with your position also do that and define if you are reasonable or not. That is why JC is relevant.

As far as Haskins, why do you need to see progress in the next 2-3 weeks? Then it’s appropriate to bench him? A bust is a bust from the second he is drafted. It’s not a cake in the oven that’s done and suddenly becomes a bust at a point in time in the future.

You already know he’s not going to turn it around. You might hope/wish/pray that it does but rationally you are smart enough to know it’s over. So why worry about the sunk cost of what it took to draft him? That’s just dumping additional valuable resources on a bad decision. Incidentally, one that was made by the owner and not the football people.

Talk about a credibility killer. Burner accounts on Twitter that purposely post asinine takes would have hit the delete button on that sentence.  

27 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Talk about a credibility killer. Burner accounts on Twitter that purposely post asinine takes would have hit the delete button on that sentence.  

So you are claiming if a player is a bust you don’t call him a bust from the time he was drafted? That’s the whole point of the bust label. You are gauging the return on investment relative to the draft position. So once a player is labeled a bust it’s effectively retroactive to the moment he was drafted. I absolutely stand by that argument. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So you are claiming if a player is a bust you don’t call him a bust from the time he was drafted? That’s the whole point of the bust label. You are gauging the return on investment relative to the draft position. So once a player is labeled a bust it’s effectively retroactive to the moment he was drafted. I absolutely stand by that argument. 

Why man? 

Archived