Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think he's right, he's worth more to us than any other team. Which isn't a good thing. It's almost like we have to play him and see if he can showcase some talent for trade value otherwise we are either stuck with him or have to release him. Have you ever seen a quarterback with such little value have as much supporters as Haskins? He's treated like a Lamar Jackson or Patrick Mahomes by the media and his fans. 

Wow!!!  Not even able to follow basic health policies when the coach of the team is in the highest risk category for a bad outcome.  This guy is a sack of trash.  To all of you who viciously attacked those of us who were simply prophets and truth tellers about Simba (lack of) character, demeanor, and prospects - shame, I hope you realize how embarrassing that all was now.  I had just assumed his inaccuracy was him trying to make sure the WR's were socially distanced from the field; guess he was just bad.

3 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

I think he's right, he's worth more to us than any other team. Which isn't a good thing. It's almost like we have to play him and see if he can showcase some talent for trade value otherwise we are either stuck with him or have to release him. Have you ever seen a quarterback with such little value have as much supporters as Haskins? He's treated like a Lamar Jackson or Patrick Mahomes by the media and his fans. 

Sunk cost fallacy. You cut him today and don’t look back. Way too much a distraction for a player who doesn’t even dress on game day.

At what point do we blame Haskins? He knows the rules. Doesn't matter if they didn't meet up. He made the reservation knowing it was against the rules. Selfish, Stupidity or both? Almost as bad as the Seahawks guy sneaking in a lady dressed in Seahawks gear.

I am all for a trade. Any draft pick is fine. Or simply cut him. No more distractions. 

2 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

At what point do we blame Haskins? He knows the rules. Doesn't matter if they didn't meet up. He made the reservation knowing it was against the rules. Selfish, Stupidity or both? Almost as bad as the Seahawks guy sneaking in a lady dressed in Seahawks gear.

Pretty sure everyone here is blaming haskins, which is the right thing to do. And i also said in my post that yes, he knows the rules and shouldn’t have done it, all i said was they didn’t have any contact, which isn’t AS bad, but it’s still not a good look AT ALL. 

so, again, who here isn’t blaming him for this? 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure everyone here is blaming haskins, which is the right thing to do. And i also said in my post that yes, he knows the rules and shouldn’t have done it, all i said was they didn’t have any contact, which isn’t AS bad, but it’s still not a good look AT ALL. 

so, again, who here isn’t blaming him for this? 

Just tired of the unnecessary distraction. Probably should have read all of the posts. No worries.

I suspect there is a bunch we don’t know about DH and his relationship with Ron and the team.  If the relationship is not beyond repair and they see any potential for improvement they might as well keep him and see what develops since he has no apparent trade value.  If the damage is irreparable I expect, barring injury, he will remain inactive through the season and be released this offseason.  I was hopeful when we drafted him that he would mature and come in with the right attitude and would help the team down the road (not a big fan of drafting him), but this doesn’t appear to be the case.  I do strongly believe that you don’t throw good money after bad so once the decision is made you move on.

Stuff we don’t know about is going to come out regarding Haskins and the team after he leaves here and some people will still just say they are “leaks” meant to throw dirt on him on the way out even though they’re almost always true in retrospect lol

"No, because Dwayne got all the reps for 11 weeks with the first unit," Rivera told ABC 7 News. "It gave me 11 weeks to evaluate him, and to look at him. And as I said, I made my decision based on what I saw. And that was a young man that's still raw, that still has a lot of work to do."

Rivera goes on to emphasize that on a roster with 53 other players, he can't just worry about one player's development during the course of a long season -- even a player as important to the franchise as Haskins.

"Now, I could let him continue to play," Rivera said. "But what about the other 52 guys? What about those guys? So this year was just to develop one player? I can't do that to the other guys. 

43 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Stuff we don’t know about is going to come out regarding Haskins and the team after he leaves here and some people will still just say they are “leaks” meant to throw dirt on him on the way out even though they’re almost always true in retrospect lol

The funniest part is going to be Haskins passive aggressively trying to go after the team after he is cut or traded. Guaranteed it will happen. 

The team invested one of its most valuable resources available to it in a first round pick in him. The super bowl winning QB and NFL MVP permitted him to wear his unofficially retired number. Yet all he did was squander every opportunity. Refused to commit to his craft and basically completely failed. 

Look at how Terry McLaurin handled the same environment. Haskins is simply a bust. It’s not even complicated. There aren’t layers to the story. More info will come to light but the underlying truth is he is basically a smug entitled brat who believes he has arrived and wants all the accolades without putting in the requisite work. 

46 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If Dwayne is to actually have a successful NFL career, he will have Rivera to thank for helping to break him of his bad habits/immaturity.  

This is a big moment for the kid.

Maybe you're right but I feel like he would have thought the wake up call was being demoted to third string. Instead, he went and did something else that raises serious questions about his maturity and desire to be a professional within a few weeks of the message being sent.

Maybe we can do this again with this Mertz kid from Wisconsin in a few years? Whoever is up next, we have to address the team issues we have with developing a QB. I see us get riled up like this running guys out of town every year as if trashing those players fixes our team. Lol once the latest QB is gone, the conversation will go right back to what, y'all think are Haskins fans, football fans are saying.

18 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Maybe we can do this again with this Mertz kid from Wisconsin in a few years? Whoever is up next, we have to address the team issues we have with developing a QB. I see us get riled up like this running guys out of town every year as if trashing those players fixes our team. Lol once the latest QB is gone, the conversation will go right back to what, y'all think are Haskins fans, football fans are saying.

Why can't you Haskins fan boys just let it go? He just sucks and it has nothing to do with the Organization or HC..What QB did they run out of town recently did they not develop? They gave Cousins and RG3 plenty of time to develop and neither one amounted to much..

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Why can't you Haskins fan boys just let it go? He just sucks and it has nothing to do with the Organization or HC..What QB did they run out of town recently did they not develop? They gave Cousins and RG3 plenty of time to develop and neither one amounted to much..

Disagree with Cousins. We turned a 4th round, turnover prone project into a solid starter. He's not an All Pro, but I'd say he's had a decent career so far. 

RG3 you have a point. Guy was a primadona who never had the talent or work ethic to be a consistent starter. 

8 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The truth is, I cant think of a QB weve had worth developing. Griffin was injured, and unwilling to adapt his game afterwards. Cousins frankly hit his ceiling here, with McVay and co. No one else is even worth mentioning.

I dont think its an issue of development. We just suck at evaluating that position. And we have a meddlesome owner who cuts his football people off at the knees

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Disagree with Cousins. We turned a 4th round, turnover prone project into a solid starter. He's not an All Pro, but I'd say he's had a decent career so far. 

RG3 you have a point. Guy was a primadona who never had the talent or work ethic to be a consistent starter. 

I meant Cousins didn't turn into a franchise QB..He was a hell of alot better than Haskins will ever be..

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The truth is, I cant think of a QB weve had worth developing. Griffin was injured, and unwilling to adapt his game afterwards. Cousins frankly hit his ceiling here, with McVay and co. No one else is even worth mentioning.

I dont think its an issue of development. We just suck at evaluating that position. And we have a meddlesome owner who cuts his football people off at the knees

Thats my point..they gave each of them plenty of time ..

Archived