Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

51 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It will be really interesting to see our offense--since we have seen 0 snaps this year. It might give us a slight edge. I really want to see Gibson in action.

RB is definitely a spot a rookie can come in and explode at, hoping after what we are hearing we have that in Gibson. 

Man, it seems obvious how much this dude has grown since last year. I said this back when we drafted him, but the trait I like most about Dwayne is his growth response to complexity and adversity. He’s obviously still working on body synergy and maintaining it under pressure, but his mind and decision making are maturing very well. 

In his first year I was surprised by his ability to move and sense pressure, but relieved and heartened to see that his initial failures didn’t break him and he was still willing to play aggressive and his mind didn’t blank out under stress. This afforded him the ability to absorb experiential information while learning and getting used to the NFL. 

Now in his second year he’s having fun again and learning from a new threshold level addition to his foundation of knowledge which will allow him to play much faster and more confidently and hopefully over time afford him more space to get the full body connection synced up right. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick would be my bet.  Tyrod Taylor will have a short leash too.  Dwayne will have more leeway and support than them.

My guy Gardner Minshew might have a short hook too, as could Bridgewater.  Their teams are going to try and tank this year, IMO.  That means they might bench their starters even when they probably shouldn't.

All the experts seem pretty pessimistic about the team's chances this year, and most people will just look at Haskins stats from last year, factor in a new coach who wasn't involved in his draft pick, and conclude Haskins is in the hottest seat. I wouldn't say they were right - I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see him continue to improve, providing he gets some protection - but I can understand the thought process of those who disagree.

The bears have a pretty easy opening slate, that could save Trubisky

The chargers have the Bucs Saints and Cheifs in the first five weeks. Could get ugly fast if they dont handle business in their more winnable games. 

1 minute ago, RawRebel said:

Also David Carr will be on a short leash. 

Raiders have rough sledding too. good call

I'm afraid that for the forseeable future we're just going to have to get used to opinions like this.

Until we actually do something to prove the talking heads and typing fingers wrong we will continue to be the knee jerk top choice for any and all negative articles/discussions re football teams.

Most people are intellectually lazy and would rather grab the low hanging fruit than stretch their minds to consider that which is beyond the obvious.

And right now we're hanging so low we're almost touching the ground.

"**** 'em with success!" John Holmes 😝

4 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

I am in no way sold on Haskins yet, but having him as the odds on favorite to be benched seems kind of silly when Ryan Fitztragic is currently the starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins.  

Archived