Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


PCS

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There’s no one to bench Carr for as Mariota’s is done for the year on IR. Gruden might love him some Peterman but he isn’t benching Carr for him when they’re trying to win imo

 

Naw, strained pec muscle. Placed on IR after making the squad, so he can be back in as few as 3 weeks. 

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-place-quarterback-marcus-mariota-on-injured-reserve-but-it-could-be-temporary/

 

Plenty of time for Carr to piss off Gruden

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jamellm78 said:

He made captain!

 

20200909_161038.jpg

 

 

The pick that surprises me the most is Scherff. This MUST mean that Rivera intends to resign him.

 

It's also interesting and sensible that Ron only selected players that had been here for at least a year.

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

58 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

An example of what I've been saying all offseason when it comes to Dwayne's interceptions last year.

 

 

 

 

Looked to me like Quinn had some happy feet and failed to give Simba a definite target location.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

 

 

The pick that surprises me the most is Scherff. This MUST mean that Rivera intends to resign him.

 

It's also interesting and sensible that Ron only selected players that had been here for at least a year.

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

 

 

Looked to me like Quinn had some happy feet and failed to give Simba a definite target location.

Not happy feet, they were just not on the same page. Haskins was trying to fit it it in for a modest gain. Quinn saw the LB jumping the route and decided to jump behind him to the middle of the field. Quinn probably should have sat on the route for a split second longer and it would have been a short completion. But as the LB jumped, if Haskins had tossed it to where Quinn was going it would have turned into a big catch and run play. Can't really fault either for reading what they saw, but i think it's probably more on Quinn for bailing. 

Edited by moondog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If we’re now making Haskins captain he better have seriously impressed Ron.  His play last year was not exactly captain material. 

I believe it was the players who voted and players usually know who their leaders are.

Edited by arftech
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Boomer Esiason on the CBS Sports Minute: "Washington doesn't have a name or a quarterback right now."

 

Put that on a wall in the locker room. God, I want Haskins to shut everyone the **** up.

 

The media gets into circlejerk mode about topics.  Where everytime they repeat something it gets a little worse.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So interesting how media entities treat certain young QBs. A few bad games followed by some growth and Haskins’ potential and pedigree is meaningless to some now? “They hope they have their QB” would work, or “their QB has a lot to prove”...but describing us straight up as a team “without a QB” just seems insulting.

 

Meanwhile Trubisky is on his 3rd attempt at justifying his draft selection and in general people in the media are expressing interest and positivity? Rosen being on a team’s PS is spun as an intriguing development because he’s with Arians now and had a rough couple situations he was thrust into thus far? Notice the difference? Come on.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Boomer Esiason on the CBS Sports Minute: "Washington doesn't have a name or a quarterback right now."

 

Put that on a wall in the locker room. God, I want Haskins to shut everyone the **** up.

I heard this on the CBS Sports Minute and it freaked me out.  I thought something happened to Haskins...nope Boomer was just being a prick.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So interesting how media entities treat certain young QBs. A few bad games followed by some growth and Haskins’ potential and pedigree is meaningless to some now? “They hope they have their QB” would work, or “their QB has a lot to prove”...but describing us straight up as a team “without a QB” just seems insulting.

 

Our QB situation is better than at least 5-6 teams, in my opinion. Carolina, Raiders, Bears, Colts, Pats, Chargers, possibly the Giants, Jags, Titans, Jets, Steelers, depending on growth, health, repeating a "break out" year, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Our QB situation is better than at least 5-6 teams, in my opinion. Carolina, Raiders, Bears, Colts, Pats, Chargers, possibly the Giants, Jags, Titans, Jets, Steelers, depending on growth, health, repeating a "break out" year, etc.


I wouldn’t even go that far necessarily and wouldn’t expect anyone in the media to, but an acknowledgment that we hope to have our QB answer in-house even if he’s had a rough start is what I’m looking for. Saying we straight up don’t have a QB just isn’t true, given our investment, even if it turns out that he sucks. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...