Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let the kid play.

 

Ball don’t lie.


Rendon is evidence of that.

 

 

*

I did once hear that Dalton paid $500 for a haircut, I wouldn’t want to see how that’s received on the ES. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean... He can

 

Without Adrian Peterson, what you are witnessing this year, is what last year would have been.  If the Dolphins weren't tanking, we'd very likely be winless right now.  Dalton couldn't possibly be worse.  He's a streaky player, but he has a more proven track record than Keenum at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

It takes a village to develop a QB. We are no village.

 

Franchise QBs are made, not found, and bad franchises don't make franchise QBs.

 

Haskins is a test of the organization's quality.  If we fail it, I'd be genuinely surprised that there could be any fans left that think this organization is capable of successfully developing a franchise QB.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

Franchise QBs are made, not found, and bad franchises don't make franchise QBs.

 

Haskins is a test of the organization's quality.  If we fail it, I'd be genuinely surprised that there could be any fans left that think this organization is capable of successfully developing a franchise QB.

 

What ever happened with that slop-armed 4th rounder out of Michigan State in 2015?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Skip to the future and this is what you see. With the 2nd pick of the 1st round the Redskins select uh wait a minute Bruce Allan has overruled the selection of the new head coach and has demanded the selection of any running back with a torn ACL but is now recovering. Bruce says this is why the culture here is damn good!! "We can't be any happier with this pick. We're looking for a punter in the 2nd". Excuse me what's that?  Sorry i forgot we don't have a 2nd. But we do expect Trent to start day 1. Things are coming along nicely. He knows now i want give in and will do anything to spite a player no matter how it effects our team.  Dan is over at Dwayne Haskins' house now talking with his father about how we should use him. We really have a damn good culture here."  Gotta run and meet Dan shortly so we can figure out which players have to call him Mr. Snyder and which ones can make eye contact and call him Dan. Did i say our culture was damn good?

Edited by Sonny9TD
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, I think it's actually likely that Smith is the starter next season.

 

And that Callahan remains the coach. 

 

Otherwise, it means getting a new coach -- one who will have to be fine not picking his QB and Bruce Allen calling the shots. Good luck with that, Danny!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Oh yeah, I think it's actually likely that Smith is the starter next season.

 

And that Callahan remains the coach. 

 

Otherwise, it means getting a new coach -- one who will have to be fine not picking his QB and Bruce Allen calling the shots. Good luck with that, Danny!


agreed. Its alex next year. 
 

*crosses fingers*

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wit33 said:


The 6-3 versus 6-4 debate has new “legs”.

 

Personally, I like the 6-3 Alex Smith more. 

 

As you know, I am not a big fan of the Alex trade.  And I think that 6-4 could have easily been 5-5 if they didn't get lucky in Tampa.  Yet, I'd take Alex over Keenum or Colt any day of the week.  And I love Alex the dude.   I said it before the season but I'd easily double down on that now.

 

Yet, I'd hate this for two different reasons:

 

A.  Haskins.  We really sitting him for 2 seasons?

B.  Alex at 36.  For a dude coming off of a leg injury would he be the same?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Oh yeah, I think it's actually likely that Smith is the starter next season.

 

And that Callahan remains the coach. 

 

Otherwise, it means getting a new coach -- one who will have to be fine not picking his QB and Bruce Allen calling the shots. Good luck with that, Danny!


You actually think they can sell Callahan after possibly a 1-10 record going into the off season? I don’t see it. There is no grand plan. They need to manufacture something to put butts in seats and Alex Smith returning with Callahan won’t be enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG please tell me they are not going to drag Alex Smith out there next year.  I mean what is that leg put together with?  Steel rods and stuffing?  And I think Alex is a standup fantastic human being.  But as a QB?  Hell no.

 

And what are little Danny and the Brucifer doing now?  Covering up Dan's pick?  Nope. Suck it up buttercup.  Put Haskins on the damn field and play him for the rest of the year. Period,  See functional organization would let Haskins play for the rest of the year and admit they were wrong if it does not work out by picking up a new QB in the draft.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yet, I'd take Alex over Keenum or Colt any day of the week. 

 

Colt I understand, because of health...but why Keenum?  What you are getting this year with Keenum is the same exact production you got from Alex Smith last season.  The one glaring difference has been the fact that AP isn't carrying the team on his back this year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

As you know, I am not a big fan of the Alex trade.  And I think that 6-4 could have easily been 5-5 if they didn't get lucky in Tampa.  Yet, I'd take Alex over Keenum or Colt any day of the week.  And I love Alex the dude.   I said it before the season but I'd easily double down on that now.

 

Yet, I'd hate this for two different reasons:

 

A.  Haskins.  We really sitting him for 2 seasons?

B.  Alex at 36.  For a dude coming off of a leg injury would he be the same?

 

 

The prospects of Smith returning from his injury doesn’t invoke much confidence, but the way I’m wired as a fan, I’d find value in rooting for that, enhancing my overall fan experience. The other factor being, what other choice do they have, he’s guaranteed another year. 
 

You’re bigger on the age factor than I, as it relates to the QB position, but I don’t think the prospects would be any different for a 30 versus 36 year old, especially when factoring in that Smith is reportedly a physical freak in his own right and has been diligent throughout his career in taking care of himself. 

 

I’m all about playoffs and witnessing bonus football, so if I felt Smith provided the best chance next year, I’m all for it. The caveat being the defense finishing the year strong. He will account for 10% of the cap, Id like him more in the 7-8% range, but what can you do. 
 

Yes, I’m okay with Haskins sitting another year, especially due to the reality of Smiths contract. Is it an ideal scenario, not really, but adapt and keep it moving. I don’t subscribe to any “right” way to develop a QB, so I wouldn’t be up in arms like others. At the end of the day, it will largely have to do with Haskins and Haskins himself. 
 

 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

Colt I understand, because of health...but why Keenum?  What you are getting this year with Keenum is the same exact production you got from Alex Smith last season.  The one glaring difference has been the fact that AP isn't carrying the team on his back this year.  

 

Less turnovers but other than that I think you are right 

 

*feels like less, I havent actually looked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

Less turnovers but other than that I think you are right 

 

*feels like less, I havent actually looked. 

Less passes down field too... Ya he aired it out some with Tyreek ONE year, but his career stats shows less willingness to air it out then most

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Less passes down field too... Ya he aired it out some with Tyreek ONE year, but his career stats shows less willingness to air it out then most

 

Im fine with that to be honest. I get why people like it and I understand the strategic value of having your opponent always worried you are going over top, but I feel you can run an offense without it being a primary focus and still get enough of it to be very successful. Or, successful enough. 3 phases of football. Yea you want to be as dangerous as possible on all sides, but thats not always realistic. 

 

All that to say, time of possession, and strong defense is still a valid strategy if you can commit to it. Not all teams they try to, actually can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, wit33 said:

 

 

The prospects of Smith returning from his injury doesn’t invoke much confidence, but the way I’m wired as a fan, I’d find value in rooting for that, enhancing my overall fan experience. The other factor being, what other choice do they have, he’s guaranteed another year. 
 

You’re bigger on the age factor than I, as it relates to the QB position, but I don’t think the prospects would be any different for a 30 versus 36 year old, especially when factoring in that Smith is reportedly a physical freak in his own right and has been diligent throughout his career in taking care of himself. 

 

I’m all about playoffs and witnessing bonus football, so if I felt Smith provided the best chance next year, I’m all for it. The caveat being the defense finishing the year strong. He will account for 10% of the cap, Id like him more in the 7-8% range, but what can you do. 
 

Yes, I’m okay with Haskins sitting another year, especially due to the reality of Smiths contract. Is it an ideal scenario, not really, but adapt and keep it moving. I don’t subscribe to any way to develop a QB, so I wouldn’t be up in arms like others. At the end of the day, it will largely have to do with Haskins and Haskins himself. 
 

 

 

Alex's ceiling for me is too low for me to get excited about him at 36.  The age is a factor to me in the context that he's a dude that does benefit from his legs more than the average veteran QB.

 

As a pure story line, its cool.  To add to the drama that this team seem to bring -- it would add some juicy drama to sit Haskins down for another year.  Sitting him down this year has its share of controversy on its own, doubling down on it and making it two years would make it really juicy.  But as a Redskin fan craving a franchise Qb I'd hate it.  The only thing I like about it is Bruce seems to be convinced the team would have gone to the moon and back with Alex.  I think he's delusional.  So if we have to carry out that fantasy to finally get rid of Bruce, am all for it 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...