Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

14 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Thanks for the extensive break down... I tried option 2 and it doesnt take it.. The url area turns red like it doenst like the link fron gify

a giphy url doesn’t end in .gif - that’s an issue unique to their gifs. 

Formatting will fail with giphy images copied & pasted directly. The issue you had, is illustrated below in image 1; that means you’re doing it correctly — you just need a url that ends in .gif, as I highlighted in image 2 below.

You can google search any phrase, movie quote, or random thought & put “gif” in your search - then click “image”, as circled in image 3 below, and you’ll find yourself in gif heaven.

CBFE9C41-1341-4377-AF3E-FB75FAF4EA6B.jpeg

B297CE51-2301-43A1-AF28-17599DC0D1DA.jpeg

14CB6DEF-BC94-43C5-8248-5C9CF180A221.jpeg

F3BF43DB-ACB9-4829-A55D-8228D0FFEF0D.jpeg

I feel like I have been a total hypocrite as a Cowboys fan.  For years I was angry at Jerry Jones for throwing away 1st round picks in trades for WRs.  He did it again last year, but my hypocrite ass has been rooting for Amari Cooper to be productive and help the team win.  My hipocrisy knows no bounds.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:50 PM, tmandoug1 said:

Deangelo Hall says Haskins is so horrible in practice with the first team that the defense has to intentionally not intercept him so the offense can get some work in. 

Complete bust. Sunk cost. Time to move on...

Now this concerns me.....I am trying to find a way to prop him up....cant justify it with statements like this from current and former teammates. 

He aint lying. Haskins is a sure nuff bust. He should have gone undrafted. OK maybe a 6th round gamble. If you are a bust then undrafted is fair and Haskins is a bust. Guaranteed. He stays late for appearance cause he aint learning. He already prides himself in reading defenses. Yea right.

12 hours ago, Nerm said:

I feel like I have been a total hypocrite as a Cowboys fan.  For years I was angry at Jerry Jones for throwing away 1st round picks in trades for WRs.  He did it again last year, but my hypocrite ass has been rooting for Amari Cooper to be productive and help the team win.  My hipocrisy knows no bounds.

This is how low we are. Cowboys fans make more sense than Redskins fans. 

THESE PEOPLE CANT EVEN THINK!!! FOR ****S SAKE YOU GUYS!!! 

14 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not their football decision making. Nope. You are all doing mental gymnastics to support a change in culture and futility yet are supportive of Haskins. You can’t do both. They are not mutually exclusive,

Smart lol

24 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

He aint lying. Haskins is a sure nuff bust. He should have gone undrafted. OK maybe a 6th round gamble. If you are a bust then undrafted is fair and Haskins is a bust. Guaranteed. He stays late for appearance cause he aint learning. He already prides himself in reading defenses. Yea right.

Hey Doc!!! How is it in the future?? Was Bruce still here??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/29/redskins-quarterback-situation-remains-disaster-two-years-after-kirk-cousins-left/

...The smart move would be to get Haskins as many starter reps as possible to prepare him for future. After all, how much worse could he do for a team that has gone 1-7 with Keenum and McCoy under center? 

In a league that is becoming more and more dependent on the pass, these are all disturbing data points for Washington. Over the past two seasons, a team passer rating of 70 or less resulted in a win-loss record of 12-40-0, or a .231 win rate. A team passer rating of between 70 and 80 earned a 21-42 combined record (.333) and a team passer rating in excess of 100 produced a combined record 134-70-1 (.654). A team has needed its quarterback to produce a passer rating of 90 or higher to get its record over .500. Washington’s QB rating over that span, remember, is under 80.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 11.46.17 AM.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/29/dwayne-haskins-could-start-sunday-questions-remain-about-how-ready-he-is/

Haskins has had trouble running the Redskins offense going back to training camp where he appeared uncomfortable and made many bad throws. Multiple people with knowledge of Haskins’s development said Haskins is struggling to learn the team’s plays, and they expressed surprise that he doesn’t know them yet.

Not knowing the playbook after being drafted in the top half of the 1st round and after 4 preseason and 8 regular season games is beyond pathetic. 

Josh Johnson came in off the street and was running plays a few days later.

Haskins is beyond a bust. He’s an SNL skit of what a cartoon depiction of a bust looks like...

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not knowing the playbook after being drafted in the top half of the 1st round and after 4 preseason and 8 regular season games is beyond pathetic. 

Josh Johnson came in off the street and was running plays a few days later.

Haskins is beyond a bust. He’s an SNL skit of what a cartoon depiction of a bust looks like...

Wow you're giving up already? It's only been 28 years that they have sucked. Have some faith man.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not knowing the plays after this long is a deliberate act of sabotage. Everyone raved about his football IQ. So it has to be deliberate. Which is pretty pathetic. If it's not deliberate then it's far worse...

Why would he deliberately suck and deliberately sabotage his own career? Do you think before you post? 

He doesn't know the playbook, and I think he's struggling to understand the offense at a core level. I don't think he's JaMarcus Russell 2.0, I don't think he's lazy....he just doesn't get it yet. Which may mean we need to use our first pick next year on yet another QB to compete with him, but regardless, the character assassination when you have zero evidence his lack of progress is deliberate is the only thing "pretty pathetic" here. 

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

Why would he deliberately suck and deliberately sabotage his own career? Do you think before you post? 

He doesn't know the playbook, and I think he's struggling to understand the offense at a core level. I don't think he's JaMarcus Russell 2.0, I don't think he's lazy....he just doesn't get it yet. Which may mean we need to use our first pick next year on yet another QB to compete with him, but regardless, the character assassination when you have zero evidence his lack of progress is deliberate is the only thing "pretty pathetic" here. 

If he can't grasp the playbook going into November after being drafted 15 overall in the draft, he is a complete bust and the people who made the decision to draft him are completely incompetent. There is no recovery from not knowing your own plays let alone dissect what the defense is scheming against you.  This experiment is over. Nothing more to see here. Time to move on...

47 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Hey Doc!!! How is it in the future?? Was Bruce still here??

What did i tell you about Haskins? I hate to say it to you but i told you so. Come on let's say it together. Haskins is a bust. See that wasn't so hard. You should feel better now to get all that out. Look at the two post below me just for confirmation but yea Haskins at 15 was just silly. To answer your question Bruce was still here. By the way it looks like the Redskins are having a hard time trading Josh Norman. Anyone could have told the Redskins that would happen.Josh Norman is a penalty getting ready to happen or a touchdown for the other team and the Redskins are having a hard time trading him. No shiz Bruce. Imagine that. Dan and Bruce are just incredibly inept. Not to mention Norman and Haskins. But what's the difference. Same results

Reportedly Bruce is holding out for a 1st rounder now for Williams. Which is what he could have got and more if he had done his job correctly. Putz.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

If he can't grasp the playbook going into November after being drafted 15 overall in the draft, he is a complete bust and the people who made the decision to draft him are completely incompetent. There is no recovery from not knowing your own plays let alone dissect what the defense is scheming against you.  This experiment is over. Nothing more to see here. Time to move on...

Nonetheless, none of that means he is deliberately trying to be bad. He's just bad....remove your emotions from this topic and you'll see it for what it really is. 

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

Nonetheless, none of that means he is deliberately trying to be bad. He's just bad....remove your emotions from this topic and you'll see it for what it really is. 

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying it's deliberate. If it's not intentional, then he has far bigger issues...

I agree with Hoffman.  I don't like just giving him snippets without real starts.  Dive into the deep end of the pool.  If we are worried about protecting Haskins' ego, I gather that shipped has sailed.   Let him work through it.  

Ryan Finley was one of my guys, should be interesting

I would be interested to see a list of all the playcalls Haskins is expected to have memorized. Copy paste.  We can say oh, he should know them all  but we don't even know how many there are. And it must have been a little demoralizing seeing his coach voted most likely to be fired first, and being told he is not going to play.  Maybe just maybe its good to not overload his brain for **** he will never use. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Jay used very long Shakespearean calls and you know damn well that Callahan has retained them.  I hated reading Shakespeare. It wouldn't surprise me if he has not memorized them all if its anything like the Al Saunders 800 playbook Campbell had dumped on his lap. 

About Jason, it was refreshing to hear him say something I always preach. Young QBs get screwed by insanely fat playbooks coupled with the crippling coaching carousel. Yet, "the QB's a bust" and there is NO discussion about why he failed. He wasn't good, isn't good enough.

It's a bummer to hear Callahan doubling down on Case being his starter because he was voted team captain.  Our real team captain doesn't want to play in DC. 

He's the 15th overall pick in the draft. Our next game is in November. He doesn't know the playbook. There is no excuse. Period. He is beyond a bust. A bust would actually know the plays by now. This is like a bizarre comedy skit but it's actually real. 

He did not know the plays for that specific game against the Vikings when he was a snap away and took first team reps during the week. Callahan has a much more limited run heavy playbook installed. This is beyond pathetic.

And yet another Jason Campbell apologists????? You guys are insane if you think invoking Jason Campbell as an example helps any argument with supporting Haskins. Wow.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Has anyone any proof that he doesn't know the playbook?  Like none of it, or? Something a little more than a former players lame duck twitter feed.

Last I heard the ball didn't hit the ground in practice.

That's a lot of handoffs and interceptions.

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Has anyone any proof that he doesn't know the playbook?  Like none of it, or? What is it, 50%, 90, 1? Something a little more than a former players lame duck twitter feed.

Last I heard the ball didn't hit the ground in practice.

He did not know the plays that were installed for the Vikings game. It's in the Washington Post article. That was a short week install. Meaning basic easy handful of plays.

When he throws picks to the defense and when the defense purposely does not intercept him because he is so pathetic,  he can end up with the ball not touching the ground...

SoCal is on a roll!  If he wins a game you have to eat crow.

Sorry but, short week does not mean "just a handful of basic plays."

I suspect it's more like 50 of these EVERY week:

Burst to Green Left Slot F Left Fox 2 X Deep Cover Kill 92 Lead Alert Black Otto to 324 Smoke.  On One.

Did he get first team reps all week before Minny, were those mostly all new plays for him by chance, and I am still waiting, how many words are in each play call, and how many do fans expect him to have aced thus far?

Random thoughts: maybe he doesn't feel the need to memorize them ALL knowing his coach and playbook are both goners, knows he isn't going to start, and is bucking for a trade like our team captain and best player.  His rookie contract already has his salary guaranteed for 5 years and little he does in pinch hit relief in a few blowouts will change that.  Maybe not studying is the easiest way to get traded to a functioning org.  

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

SoCal is on a roll!  If he wins a game you have to eat crow.

Sorry but, short week does not mean "just a handful of basic plays."

I suspect it's more like 50 of these EVERY week:

Burst to Green Left Slot F Left Fox 2 X Deep Cover Kill 92 Lead Alert Black Otto to 324 Smoke.  On One.

Did he get first team reps all week before Minny, were those mostly all new plays for him by chance, and I am still waiting, how many words are in each play call?

His teammates are calling him out in the locker room and to the press because he doesn’t know the playbook. 

The guy is pathetic. There is no defending him. Yet you are. He has had from April until November to learn the plays. He’s either deliberately not learning them or his issues are far worse than can be fixed. Period.

Archived