Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

Riggo-toni

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Maybe we should keep him to around to have a better chance at that #1 pick in 2020

That should be Gruden's punishment for such awful performances week after week. Make him finish out the year, and threaten him with an extension.

4 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Joe Gibbs for GM.

I love Gibbs as much as anyone for what he did for this team but he would be out of his element. His second stint here was decent but was marred by how long it had been since he'd coached and trying to use super old school football philosophies in a modern NFL. Today is another 10 years removed from that second stint. Let his legacy be what it already is; he'd be a terrible modern day GM IMO. 

12 minutes ago, ShoutyBearHead said:

Gruden has just mentally checked out, we're gonna go 0-16 without a change of coaching culture. he's just not interested.

Yeah I think Gruden is basically just going through the motions and waiting for the ax to fall at this point.

To be honest, he's probably looking forward to it. He'll get a bunch of money and finally get away from this **** show. 

2 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Joe Gibbs for GM.

For all Joe's strengths, he was not a personnel guy. He was a brilliant motivator and leader. He was also a brilliant strategist his first go around. Even in his second go, he was good enough to take two Vinny Cerrato built teams to the playoffs and even win a game.

But Joe's weakness has always been extreme over-loyalty and questionable player choices. 

That said, if you want to be unconventional and make Joe the Team President and have him be the CEO of the Redskins with Dan relegated to his yacht and have him oversee a new GM/Front Office and coaching staff. Joe would probably kick arse.

1 hour ago, Redd said:

He wants to be fired anyway.  Sooner the better.  Worse that can happen is we continue to lose.

Sure he wants to get fired. And he's probably not the only one.

But, at the same time, the more we lose, the more Bruce is likely to get fired as well. Which would be very welcome. Firing Jay alone wouldn't help.

Skins fans pining for Gibbs to come save us just shows that some have learned nothing from Snyder's tenure. Stop looking to the past to become the future. Get with the times, build a Front Office like every other sports franchise in 2019. I don't even like the idea of Gibbs as a consultant. He's out of the game too long, doesn't know anybody new, and loved Vinny Cerrato. You need someone who has football contacts from this ****ing decade at least. 

Just now, Burgold said:

For all Joe's strengths, he was not a personnel guy. He was a brilliant motivator and leader. He was also a brilliant strategist his first go around. Even in his second go, he was good enough to take two Vinny Cerrato built teams to the playoffs and even win a game.

But Joe's weakness has always been extreme over-loyalty and questionable player choices. 

That said, if you want to be unconventional and make Joe the Team President and have him be the CEO of the Redskins with Dan relegated to his yacht and have him oversee a new GM/Front Office and coaching staff. Joe would probably kick arse.

Exactly. I dont need him picking players but his organizational skills.  His leadership.  We need a winning mentality from the top.

He would bring that. Because right now we're a dumpster fire.

They should fire him today and let KOC see what he can do with Haskins. 

I’ve always liked Jay, but clearly it’s time to end his tenure. I don’t think he would disagree.

I’m sure Snyder will mess it up, get greedy, and try to fire him with cause though. Something gross 

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

Was Gruden fired yet?

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is the game in which he could get fired. It's more possible after next week if we lose to the Dolphins. Especially if our offense can't even get to any FG ranges for 3 quarters. I personally think his firing will be at the end of the season so that it shows other potential coaches that he's not so quick at yanking a HC somewhere in the season. But Allen's got to be gone with him if they both last.

11 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Joe Gibbs for GM.

Absolutely NOT!

3 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Tend to disagree. Hed bring respectability to the front office and would build a real front office. 

Personnel guys scouts etc...

Plus synder would benefit since its Joe Gibbs. 

If he weren't involved in player decisions I'd be ok with it, but then what's the point of having him as GM? Better to just get rid of Allen, have Gibbs as team president, and then either promote Kyle Smith to GM or find another up and comer with top scouting and personnel pedigree. 

If we had that then there would be more coaches interested in coming here I'd guess. As it is I don't see any decent candidates being willing to do so with the worst GM and Owner in the league at the helm. 

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

They should fire him today and let KOC see what he can do with Haskins. 

I’ve always liked Jay, but clearly it’s time to end his tenure. I don’t think he would disagree.

I’m sure Snyder will mess it up, get greedy, and try to fire him with cause though. Something gross 

The reason I don't think he'll do that is because he'll know future HC candidates will be watching. The anonymous smears as guys leave town, yeah, that's bad enough.

But going after a former HC's MONEY? That's gonna do irreparable damage to the one thing Snyder still has to offer candidates--the promise of lots and lots of money. 

Dan and Bruce are currently on a Crown Royal run.

Let the firings commence.

Make note of the fact that they still refuse to address the team, media, or fans, and left that to the guy they've already sent walking the plank.

Pathetic losers is an understatement.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If he weren't involved in player decisions I'd be ok with it, but then what's the point of having him as GM? Better to just get rid of Allen, have Gibbs as team president, and then either promote Kyle Smith to GM or find another up and comer with top scouting and personnel pedigree. 

If we had that then there would be more coaches interested in coming here I'd guess. As it is I don't see any decent candidates being willing to do so with the worst GM and Owner in the league at the helm. 

Thats what im saying. Call it GM president whatever.  I'd like him to run the show. Set it all up. Bring back respectability.  Cause right now no top coach or GM is coming to DC. 

Archived