Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think he's "meeting expectations"  because expectations were so low.  

I don't really care, honestly.  Until Haskins is playing, the QB situation is just in stop-gap mode. 

Then we'll see how good he can be.

Of all of the QBs they could pick up to plug in for a year or two, he's doing about what I expect, and it's hard to complain about it. 

Yeah, I'm not worked up about it because it doesn't matter, long term. In the past with these types of guys we were always hoping to luck into some sort of franchise-defining guy, so it mattered. It doesn't now. I'm just observing. 

Just now, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Well looking ahead the only team we may be on par with is the Giants.... but that will be the first game Jones starts and we will make him a superstar so it ain’t looking good either lol. 

They would be extremely smart to start Jones that game. This is the defensive coach that you want to put a rookie against. 

6 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Besides Allen being hurt and the secondary very bad, the linebacking crew is healthy but awful as well.  Heard a lot about our front seven being stout this year.  What made anyone think our LBs would be good?  Kerrigan is over the hill. Bostic has played for like 6 teams.  Holcombe is a late round pick rookie.  

I agree. I wasn't buying the hype. They have some talent, but they are largely unproven players who everyone thought would come together and be formidable. But I was concerned about the inside LBs. Holcomb is a young, energetic player who gets around the ball, but has a looong way to go before he's the next Luke Kuechly. The backfield has 2 SS's and no FS's. ANd worst of all, the guy who should be getting the best out of them is Manusky, who has been horrible. Sweat has made no impact in 2 games.  

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Gruden:  No major injuries, no need to hit panic button regarding staff changes after two games, gotta play better.

I think I'm finally done with him.

Been done with him. He's a loser! Our record is what it is. He's not a leader of men. We can do better, but I have no faith in the team leadership. 

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t expect the offense to score 30 points every week but I do expect the defense to not give up 30. 

Agreed, but we keep treating this as though it's a binary choice.  There is plenty of blame to go around, a plurality if not majority to the defense, but a significant share to the quarterback.

Archived