Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Sadly enough, he is now profiting off away fans. Dallas fans can essentially keep coming to our games and keep a ****ty owner like Snyder here for us. 

That's the big negative (or positive if you're the owner) of the home city being such a transient place...lots of opposing fans call DC home. All together, probably more than actual Redskins fans, in the DC area. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't see how. He didn't look bad, no turnovers. If you're going to base his role off of a couple of poor throws then sure I can see it from your perspective. 

His first pass, if placed correctly, goes for a touchdown.  He missed Richardson wide open for a touchdown on the pass to Thompson that was three yards off target on a 4th and 3 which directly led to a Dallas touchdown.  He tried fitting the ball into not just tight windows, but closed windows, with multiple defenders within arm's reach.  His placement was all over the place causing receivers to unnecessarily jump, slow down, or do other things to get tackled fast or hung out to dry.

I really wanted him to be good, too.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's the big negative (or positive if you're the owner) of the home city being such a transient place...lots of opposing fans call DC home. All together, probably more than actual Redskins fans, in the DC area. 

It's probably magnified too when the team has been awful for so long. It's no secret Fedex field is a dump and people don't want to waste their Sundays to go watch a miserable team play football and drink overpriced beer. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't see how. He didn't look bad, no turnovers. If you're going to base his role off of a couple of poor throws then sure I can see it from your perspective.

I'm not gonna go on and on about it, because in the end it doesn't matter and the rest of the team is even worse...but it's not just a QB's job to have a high completion percentage on nothing plays and not make mistakes (though he was lucky to not have multiple turnovers when staring down Quinn imo). It's also the QB's job to find the open man and make plays, score points. Keenum is severely lacking in that category, it wasn't just a couple poor throws. He's limited, and we knew that going in, but he's not even making the most of the plays that are there for him that he's capable of making. 

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

How does 57 year old Jason Witten get 4 steps ahead of Josh Norman?

The only way I can explain Witten at this point is the T-Rex theory from Jurasic Park.  I.E. The vision of NFL defenders is based on movement.  Witten is so slow, they simply can't see him... Until it is too late.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I hitherto declare this team a puddle of ass, unworthy of even the basest of 1 ply TP. 

Worst part is we won't even win the tanking championship. Miami has that down to a science. 

Meh, We don't need Tua or Trevor anyway.

The best left tackle in the draft in 2020, please.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm not gonna go on and on about it, because in the end it doesn't matter and the rest of the team is even worse...but it's not just a QB's job to have a high completion percentage on nothing plays and not make mistakes (though he was lucky to not have multiple turnovers when staring down Quinn imo). It's also the QB's job to find the open man and make plays, score points. Keenum is severely lacking in that category, it wasn't just a couple poor throws. He's limited, and we knew that going in, but he's not even making the most of the plays that are there for him that he's capable of making. 

7 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's probably magnified too when the team has been awful for so long. It's no secret Fedex field is a dump and people don't want to waste their Sundays to go watch a miserable team play football and drink overpriced beer. 

And it doesn't help that it's just a sport that is easily watched from home, even with all the commercials and penalties. I can sit at home with the Skins streaming on the big screen, Red Zone streaming on a smaller screen, and my chromebook with me on the couch so I can yuck it up with you dopes to keep from going insane. Get up and go to the bathroom whenever I want, eat and drink whatever I want. And other than the cost of internet, that's all pretty much free and already on-hand. 

This is a tough product to get people to pay exorbitant prices to go see live to begin with. That's before even accounting for how bad our team is, and how ****ty the stadium experience is. 

56 minutes ago, carex said:

okay.  But he's the owner and he wants to be the owner.  He's not going to fire himself.  So if you can't just hope for the best then it's time to move on

Yeah, no it isn’t. It’s time, it’s been time to call out the loser owner and his terrible franchise. The franchise that was great up to the 50’s, then terrible until the the 70’s and great when I was growing up in the 80’s and early 90’s. Then came Dan and we’re right back to the horrible franchise that GPM created because he wouldn’t draft black players that SOB. This feels like that.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

am guessing this is going to be a topic all week if they lose, not that it wasn't predictable

What do you expect from a Bruce Allen and Gruden team.  The only thing we have learned is how to empty our stands of Redskins fans and not that it isn't deserved.  Started going to games back in 1961 to 2002, but until last year, I never thought this would happen to us.  My Dad sold 2 of his 4 seasons tickets back in the day for an RV and cash.  I can not believe how Snyder surrounds himself with losers and lets the winners move on to successful teams.  Our coaches and front office destroy good talent.  I would bet the world that had AP been active last week, we would have won that Eagle game.  Such stupid decisions with inept abilities.  It won't end until their gone!

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And it doesn't help that it's just a sport that is easily watched from home, even with all the commercials and penalties. I can sit at home with the Skins streaming on the big screen, Red Zone streaming on a smaller screen, and my chromebook with me on the couch so I can yuck it up with you dopes to keep from going insane. Get up and go to the bathroom whenever I want, eat and drink whatever I want. And other than the cost of internet, that's all pretty much free and already on-hand. 

This is a tough product to get people to pay exorbitant prices to go see live to begin with. That's before even accounting for how bad our team is, and how ****ty the stadium experience is. 

I was just thinking if it were not for some of the funniest comments in the world on this site about this **** ass product,  I would go insane with this stupid ass team.  They give half a **** effort.  How the hell do they come out each and every second half and a lay a turd?  How many damn penalties did we  have in this game?  We let the Pukes score FIVE straight times with over 590 yards or pretty close to it. 

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Second Comcast redskin show- some qb guru says - lack of playmakers on the defensive side of the ball for the Redskins.  Not sufficient turnovers.

Turnovers would be nice, but there's really no part of the defense that's working right now. No pressure on the QB, coverage is weak at all levels, unaggressive. Tackling is still better than in years past but guys are running through holes still

27 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Sweat is looking extremely slow and weak. 

This is scary because to me he was the most exciting player we drafted this year and nobody wants to address his play.  I think it's shocking how inept he looks.  I know he's young and needs time to develop but he's not a tenacious or instinctive player, that's not taught its innate.  Also, his ability to use his hands to get off blocks is nonexistent.

Archived