Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

12 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Yeah, no it isn’t. It’s time, it’s been time to call out the loser owner and his terrible franchise. The franchise that was great up to the 50’s, then terrible until the the 70’s and great when I was growing up in the 80’s and early 90’s. Then came Dan and we’re right back to the horrible franchise that GPM created because he wouldn’t draft black players that SOB. This feels like that.

and calling out accomplishes what?

By the way the Redskins fall started in the mid 40s

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Most of the Dallas fans there today live within 15 min of the stadium 

Right. It's built in competition for the seats in the stadium...and Skins fans don't have much reason to go. Displaced opposing fans can go to an away game and feel like they're at a home game. 

Hell we've been so bad the last 20 years that I'm sure a ton of those Cowboys fans probably aren't even "displaced"...they probably grew up in Skins territory and did the rebellious thing because they're such a poor product. 

Like...you can actually walk around DC and get made fun of for wearing Skins gear lol. When this happened to me before the Panthers game in 2012 (I was so young, so naive--this was right before the winning streak, after that game Shanahan had the "we'll have to see who will be here in the future" presser) I was ****ing shocked. I thought I was finally home, after having grown up getting made fun of in CT...nope, same thing in DC. 

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Comcast observation- in both games this year the opposing offenses make half time adjustments against our defense and end up scoring at will in the second half.  So the problem is the Skins defense is not making counter-adjustments at halftime, at third quarter or during the 4th quarter too.

Manusky, just like Haslett and Barry before him, is a terrible coordinator. Grudens entire tenure has been marred with the most inept defensive staff money can buy. It's pathetic, and I'm not sure how or why this **** team keeps making the same mistakes in staff year after year. 

It's unacceptable. 

3 minutes ago, carex said:

and calling out accomplishes what?

By the way the Redskins fall started in the mid 40s

I don't know if you're joking, but fan discontent gets into the media, and local and national media puts pressure on ownership. It's classic and happens in all sports. 

It's not going to get Snyder to sell obviously, but it could force him to change some things, which is best case I guess. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Right. It's built in competition for the seats in the stadium...and Skins fans don't have much reason to go. Displaced opposing fans can go to an away game and feel like they're at a home game. 

Hell we've been so bad the last 20 years that I'm sure a ton of those Cowboys fans probably aren't even "displaced"...they probably grew up in Skins territory and did the rebellious thing because they're such a poor product. 

Like...you can actually walk around DC and get made fun of for wearing Skins gear lol. When this happened to me before the Panthers game in 2012 (I was so young, so naive--this was right before the winning streak, after that game Shanahan had the "we'll have to see who will be here in the future" presser) I was ****ing shocked. I thought I was finally home, after having grown up getting made fun of in CT...nope, same thing in DC. 

Yep 

very very few Dallas fans around here have even visited Texas. They’re all from the MD. 

And yeah, i routinely get clowned for wearing gear around here. Out of all of my friends, i have one other Skins fan buddy 

One thing I noticed today, I think this kind of sums up...well, something...

I was taking photos on the Cowboys sideline for most of the first half.  As the first half closed out, most of them ran off the field.  Dak sprinted ahead of his teammates, making sure he was out towards the locker room first.  They were upbeat, positive.  

The Redskins, in a game they were still very much in...looked like they were walking into a funeral home.  They couldn't have walked into the tunnel any slower.  They looked defeated already.  They looked withdrawn.  

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't know if you're joking, but fan discontent gets into the media, and local and national media puts pressure on ownership. It's classic and happens in all sports. 

It's not going to get Snyder to sell obviously, but it could force him to change some things, which is best case I guess. 

Maybe.

But the #FireBruceAllen campaign on Tweeter last year was definately not enough to make him do something smart.

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yep 

very very few Dallas fans around here have even visited Texas. They’re all from the MD. 

And yeah, i routinely get clowned for wearing gear around here. Out of all of my friends, i have one other Skins fan buddy 

I made the mistake of going to the second Giants game down there last year and there were more Giants fans walking around in their gear than Redskins fans in the days leading up to the game.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Goodness is Mahomes incredible. What an arm.

Makes a ridiculous throw in between two defenders to convert on 3rd down...gets called back....makes an even more ridiculous deep ball throw for a TD on 3rd and 20. 

Must be nice having a guy like that paired with Reid, wow. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I made the mistake of going to the second Giants game down there last year and there were more Giants fans walking around in their gear than Redskins fans in the days leading up to the game.

Since we gave up our season tickets 6 years ago I have gone to one game a year. Every single game I have been to the opponent attendance has been laughable. It peaked with the Philly game two years ago when I was one of maybe 50 Skins fans in our ENTIRE SECTION. And I was in the lower bowl on the Skins side of the stadium. Fedex is a cesspool. And if an earthquake destroyed it tonight I would applaud. 

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well, Keenum is on pace for 40 passing TDs this season, while the team is on pace for 0 wins. 

That would be an interesting season lol 

He's playing better than I expected and I think that he's a good (not great) QB, but he's missed a few throws that he really should have made in the last two games and has got lucky on at least three dropped interceptions.

The two garbage-time drives that he's had have also padded his stats somewhat.

With all that said, I'm happy for him to fill in until Haskins is ready.

Unpopular opinion: We need to invest in a stud DB in the draft

Secondary is abysmal. Norman is a press corner with no foot speed who needs safety help and a pass rush to be effective. Dunbar is just a guy. DRC is well past his prime. Moreau is a nobody. Moreland has potential, but I feel his ceiling is a no. 2, not a true #1 shutdown. Collins hasn't shown anything. Nicholson is constantly out of position.

I know people think we need to draft a LT in the 1st, esp. since Trent most likely won't be here, but o-line is a position that can be easily filled in the mid-late rounds and FA (Flowers is doing better than expected).

We haven't touched a DB in the 1st since Landry in 2007. It's been like 13 years now and it shows. We invested heavy draft capital in the O-line and D-line for a while now. It's far past due to give the secondary some love.

I ask you this, if Trent was playing, would he have made a difference? We are 0-2 because Norman and Nicholson are getting roasted. Imagine if we had a Patrick Peterson caliber player instead of Norman or an Earl Thomas. Would DJax and the Cowboys WR's be getting open deep as often as they are against our current secondary?

I have not been to a game at Fedex in ten years because I do not want to give our owner any money whatsoever.  If I buy Skins clothing I buy from NFL Players at Walmart or Kmart rather than from redskins web site.  I watch all games on tv.  Bad decisions have sunk this franchise ever since the Danny bought the team.  We could have lost 50-21 today.

Allen, the Prince of Darkness will keep telling the Danny- we are close to have a winning record.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Since we gave up our season tickets 6 years ago I have gone to one game a year. Every single game I have been to the opponent attendance has been laughable. It peaked with the Philly game two years ago when I was one of maybe 50 Skins fans in our ENTIRE SECTION. And I was in the lower bowl on the Skins side of the stadium. Fedex is a cesspool. And if an earthquake destroyed it tonight I would applaud. 

Synder could build a new stadium- but Synder would still own the team, Allen would still be GM, and the Skins would still be losers.

A stud DB draft pick is interesting because it acts as kind of a force multiplier, retroactively making our DL investments and the Landon Collins signing more effective, not just shoring up a weakness. 

This is all assuming a new DC that can actually deploy his players to their strengths of course. 

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Josh Norman was terrible today and he has lost his speed and gives receivers too much cushion.  Maybe he needs to go to safety but then we have no one on the team

to takeover his position.  He rarely breaks up plays like Jimmy Moreland has done in the first two games.

I don’t disagree but with the level of poor coaching he receives it might not be all on him.   

Would anyone be shocked if he left and played great?

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

have to quote my own post. Because he really is that good. He is dropping 40 yard dimes all over the field. Ridiculous.

Arm talent is a thing lol Mahomes is becoming the Jordan of football. Look at his teams run game today.

We have an elite arm in the bullpen. 

Archived