Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe I'm judging on a curve, because he's Case Keenum, and I expected him to kindof be a complete disaster.  But he's been kindof a servicable stop-gap until Haskins is ready 

Serviceable doesn't lose you games.  he had a more than major part in this loss.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe I'm judging on a curve, because he's Case Keenum, and I expected him to kindof be a complete disaster.  But he's been kindof a servicable stop-gap until Haskins is ready 

I don't see any reason to judge on a curve, I'm comfortable just evaluating how much he disappoints lol. We aren't winning anything so I'm happy for him to take the beating for now. I just hope he doesn't get any of our actual good players (of which there are few) hurt

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Serviceable doesn't lose you games.  he had a more than major part in this loss.

Maybe.  

I guess I really didn't expect them to win anyway, so maybe it's just hard for me to get worked up about Case Keenum being bad.  I mean, we know what he is, just like we know what Jay is and Manusky is and Bruce is and Dan is.

He played better than average, missed a few things because he's Case Keenum and not, you know, a good QB, but he did some other good things, and so it goes.

I also think the entire desire of trying to win this year was ludicrous from the get-go.  They should have just mailed it in and used it as a "growth" year for Haskins, and been done with it.  

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't see any reason to judge on a curve, I'm comfortable just evaluating how much he disappoints lol. We aren't winning anything so I'm happy for him to take the beating for now. I just hope he doesn't get any of our actual good players (of which there are few) hurt

I think he's "meeting expectations"  because expectations were so low.  

I don't really care, honestly.  Until Haskins is playing, the QB situation is just in stop-gap mode. 

Then we'll see how good he can be.

Of all of the QBs they could pick up to plug in for a year or two, he's doing about what I expect, and it's hard to complain about it. 

Archived