Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrius Guice and the Skins Synergy of Suck

Lombardi's_kid_brother

The culture is dead in Asburn

Everything about this team is a giant synergy of suck. Somehow I still watch. I make twin baby girls listen to the game and for some dumb reason am teaching them Hail to the Redskins

But until Dan is gone, there is going to be lots more of this. The guy is what, 52? He is going to live another 30-40 years

I admit, the 'Skins being a perennial loser is starting to affect my interest in the NFL overall.  This season I pretty much have just watched the 'Skins game, and then other stuff will be on in the background as noise unless something specifically catches my ear.

I don't expect this team to be good every season.  I know sometimes you have to be bad in order to build something good, but this has been over 20 years of mediocrity.  It doesn't feel good knowing you as a fan are pretty irrelevant to the NFL for the most part.  This franchise is officially in a state of being a laughing stock to anyone under the age of 40. 

26 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

We've been the worst franchise in the league the past two decades. If it weren't for our success in the 80s and early 90s we would be the worst franchise ever.

The team was good in the 1930’s and 1940’s too.  Not that that will make anybody feel better about this mess of a franchise.

13 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I find this thread interesting.  I joined ES many years ago but rarely posted.  Just too many delusional fans who attacked those who saw the Redskins for who they were and voiced our displeasure. Too many fans ready to anoint Devon Thomas as the next Art Monk, the homerism was over the top and anyone who disagreed had their fandom questioned.  But the tide has turned and negative comments are now the norm, interesting development.

I mean the time period you're describing was 11 years ago. Congrats on being an early adopter but we've had two head coaches and lots of suck since then lol. It's understandable. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I admit, the 'Skins being a perennial loser is starting to affect my interest in the NFL overall.  This season I pretty much have just watched the 'Skins game, and then other stuff will be on in the background as noise unless something specifically catches my ear. 

That and the fact that the NFL is such garbage anymore. I thought the roughing fouls in the Skins game were ticky tacky and apparently there were a few in the Bears-Broncos game that were just absurd. I went out to a bar to watch the Skins and after getting home had no desire to watch the Rams-Saints or Chiefs-Raiders, and only watched the last 2 minutes of the Eagles game.

I know in another thread I responded to your post asking to keep the faith, at least early in the season. But at 0-2 and the knowledge that Keenum is not our long-term answer at QB makes the motivation for getting up for these games the rest of the season pretty tough. I don't see how people are going to drag themselves out to the stadium next Monday. Knowing that we're pretty much just playing a waiting game of "when's Haskins ready" at this point, what's there to get excited about?

On 9/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, HardcoreZorn said:

Holy Moly. We’re one game into the season, a game in which we showed we absolutely can compete against one of the best teams in the NFC. 

We caught Philadelphia off guard in Week 1, we cannot compete and will never compete in the Snyder era until we get a real general manager who guts EVERYTHING from the inside out and that includes the training and field crews. Literally everything top to bottom needs a refresh.

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean the time period you're describing was 11 years ago. Congrats on being an early adopter but we've had two head coaches and lots of suck since then lol. It's understandable. 

Devon Thomas was just an example.  If you think the homerism here stopped 11 years ago you would be wrong.  It was alive and well until recently.  

49 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Devon Thomas was just an example.  If you think the homerism here stopped 11 years ago you would be wrong.  It was alive and well until recently.  

Agreed ....numerous posters crowned a very oveerrated d line and are eating crow right now...it continues into the claims about Haskins and the type of talent he can be...truth is he prob is an all world type of talent problem is this franchise aint doing squat with it and thats fact...just like pat ramsey jason campbell rgiii etc...and for all those three guys i was super hyped

50 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yep definitely. Takes some people longer to see the light. This team is dirty to the core. 

I remember not being impressed with players from literally their first few games and dudes question my fandom only for them to snap to reality themselves later.

A real fan wants to see this team get better. 

It's finally gotten to Dan Snyder.  Remember when he used to come to every game in his $18,000 tailored suit with the knot of his necktie fitted snugly up to his Adam's apple all game as he sat in his luxury box? 

Did you see him yesterday during the broadcast's cutaway shot?  Open collar, slouched drunkenly in his seat, a mortified Alex Smith next to him looking more pained than when he snapped his leg in two... 

Somebody needs to post a screen capture of that shot.  Snyder's look matched the state of the franchise ... sloppy and resigned to failure.

I'm not a complete "homer" but I think some of yous are a little over the top with how bad we suck and how far away from competing we are. The defense however much it was overrated before the season still has nice young pieces. The offense does too. 

The kicker is we have a few guys getting paid stupendous 💰 that ain't doin jack **** for us.

To me, thats hope for when we dump them for cheaper/better/younger players.

Add to that Haskins turning out to be really good.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:45 PM, hail2skins said:

That and the fact that the NFL is such garbage anymore. I thought the roughing fouls in the Skins game were ticky tacky and apparently there were a few in the Bears-Broncos game that were just absurd. I went out to a bar to watch the Skins and after getting home had no desire to watch the Rams-Saints or Chiefs-Raiders, and only watched the last 2 minutes of the Eagles game.

I know in another thread I responded to your post asking to keep the faith, at least early in the season. But at 0-2 and the knowledge that Keenum is not our long-term answer at QB makes the motivation for getting up for these games the rest of the season pretty tough. I don't see how people are going to drag themselves out to the stadium next Monday. Knowing that we're pretty much just playing a waiting game of "when's Haskins ready" at this point, what's there to get excited about?

By the time Haskins gets his chance all of the WRs and TEs and most likely a few linemen will be injured and he'll be stuck playing with practice squad guys and end up getting hurt himself.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, Csup said:

The team was good in the 1930’s and 1940’s too.  Not that that will make anybody feel better about this mess of a franchise.

I'm sure you could do this for many franchises, but it's downright embarrassing if you take away those two pockets of time...

If you remove the mid-30s through mid-40s and the early-80s through early-90s, this organization basically has about 8 post-season appearances in 60ish years. 

On 9/16/2019 at 7:40 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've been negative about just about everything since you joined the board.

Hiring Allen, Shanahan, Mcnugget, to start with. But I was always in the minority, until recently.

Archived