Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

• 2 months later...

What sucks even worse for Jordan was that he was taken out with a dirty hit during a meaningless preseason game. It was unnecessary and ugly. I can't remember who did it, but I hope he was heavily fined and suspended.

Yeah, if a year later he is still in concussion protocol, he better hang up his cleats.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What sucks even worse for Jordan was that he was taken out with a dirty hit during a meaningless preseason game. It was unnecessary and ugly. I can't remember who did it, but I hope he was heavily fined and suspended.

Safety Keanu Neal. No fine (i dont Think) and not even a suspension. Thanks for that, NFL....... 

**** you Neal....

he tore his Achilles in September though and missed the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, if a year later he is still in concussion protocol, he better hang up his cleats.

It looks that way from the team standpoint. Just not official yet.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Safety Keanu Neal. No fine (i dont Think) and not even a suspension. Thanks for that, NFL....... 

**** you Neal....

That sucks. Makes me almost wish he has one of those achilles injuries that are impossible to recover from. It would be fair in a way. Injuries happen, but that was dirty and unnecessary. 

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

**** you Neal....

I do blame Neal for the dirty hit, but really, it was just a matter of time for Reed.  If it wasn't Neal, it would have been someone else.

Having symptoms a half a year later has to be kinda scary for the dude. I feel bad for him but this is what he chose to do to put his family ahead of the game financially so you gotta respect the choice I guess. But damn man he’s not gonna live to 40 at this rate and that has to scare the **** out of him. 

57 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Having symptoms a half a year later has to be kinda scary for the dude. I feel bad for him but this is what he chose to do to put his family ahead of the game financially so you gotta respect the choice I guess. But damn man he’s not gonna live to 40 at this rate and that has to scare the **** out of him. 

I watched my son go through one concussion and that was scary.  7 seems insane let alone him still not recovered from one half a year ago.  IMO he'd be crazy not to retire.  

Jordan Reed will never play football again; only thing left to determine is the injury settlement.  Sure wish he could have stayed healthy because he had a bunch of talent and could have helped the skins.  Unfortunately the overall team struggles wasted the few good years that he did have. I hope he can get healthy enough to live a good life away from football.

1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

He will go to another team, never have another concussion and win a ring

Please, when's the last time you saw a couple few ex-redskin players at a position of need win a superbowl with their new team?  😶🤡

19 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

IMO, Jordan Reed was a HOF talent. I wish him the best, but he definitely could have been the GOAT (if not, one of the greats) at the TE position. No other TE I know of had his all around ability from a receiver standpoint.

Gonzales, Gates, Witten were all much better, actually blocked well (not wave arms at) and could take the punishment of NFL hits.  

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Please, when's the last time you saw a couple few ex-redskin players at a position of need win a superbowl with their new team?  😶🤡

Gonzales, Gates, Witten were all much better, actually blocked well (not wave arms at) and could take the punishment of NFL hits.  

I said could have been. Of course the injuries played a part. Those guys stayed fairly healthy throughout their careers and they also had solid QB play. IMO Reed had much more talent than all three of those guys.

Archived