Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It seems no coach we have here likes the no huddle.  Gibbs hates no huddle, Norv hated it. Spurrier was clueless.  Gibbs hates it again. Zorn was clueless.  Shanahan hates it.  Gruden hates it.  

Its ts really weird. 

Rypien was good in no huddle

Just now, TK said:

Mahomes

Dude had a probowl QB starting ahead of him.  @Voice_of_Reason is right, Case is worse then mediocre and Colt won't make it four games.  He's going in there anyway at this point this year, get him many reps as we can with the starters if we want any chance of him being ready as we can for a playoff push.  I don't want to see him just getting used to game speed in week 8, season could be over by then.  

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

No no no you cannot risk his confidence. I don't trust him behind our OL, don't want to risk another Patrick Ramsey situation. 

Good QBs shine regardless IMO. Ramsey was not going to be good in the NFL 

10 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

No no no you cannot risk his confidence. I don't trust him behind our OL, don't want to risk another Patrick Ramsey situation. 

I'm not totally disagreeing with you but confidence is not something I worry about with Haskins. Compared to...past prospects we've had. His mind is a steel trap and he's capable of handling adversity and turning it into productive energy. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Dude had a probowl QB starting ahead of him

And Haskins has the privilege of getting that same Pro Bowl QB's undivided attention, since they would both be off the field together.

Remember when reports were saying Callahan wanted out, and he was headed to Cincinnatti to be with his son Brian ?

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ramsey had

now I’m no fan of Jay, but he’s a hell of a lot better than Spurrier.

That's saying something, and I agree.  Ramsey was still hot garbage anyway, there wasn't enough lipstick in the world to put on that pig, sorry, but its true. Gibbs knew it immediatly

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Dude had a probowl QB starting ahead of him.  @Voice_of_Reason is right, Case is worse then mediocre and Colt won't make it four games.  He's going in there anyway at this point this year, get him many reps as we can with the starters if we want any chance of him being ready as we can for a playoff push.  I don't want to see him just getting used to game speed in week 8, season could be over by then.  

Atm our starting left tackle is Geron Christian and our LG is.... Flowers.

Eeesh. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

And Haskins has the privilege of getting that same Pro Bowl QB's undivided attention, since they would both be off the field together.

Alex should retire and be QB coach then, but even if he was healthy he wouldn't be better then Haskins.  His 2018 season is seered in my head, I'm not going to forget just how bad that was and getting worse, not better.

Archived