Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So what?  Quick throws, run the ball, play defense...

Get the kid in there. And protect him with scheme and play calling.  

Eh, kinda hard to run the ball behind that left side. 

Or block Fletcher Cox week 1. 

I suspect we'll see Dwayne at some point this season but only after we're out of it, or due to injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So what?  Quick throws, run the ball, play defense...

Get the kid in there. And protect him with scheme and play calling.  

Man, why hasnt every other team thought of that?  Amazing how consistently that doesnt work, and hasnt worked in the NFL.

Because if you had a great, defense, great run game, and great play calling in the first place, you would most likely not be picking in the top 10.  

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

given your gifts in analytics, insight, and elocution,  i'm thinking you need your own daily featured column, stickied in the stadium :P

i'd go with "redskin tater nuggets"  :D

I couldn't even read that e word in there..and you want me to attempt to grow a brain?..wow haskins arm looks amazing!!

Just now, Jumbo said:

given your gifts in analytics, insight, and elocution,  i'm thinking you need your own daily featured column, stickied in the stadium :P

i'd go with "redskin tater nuggets"  :D

giphy.gif

Just now, wit33 said:

He could toss a javelin to the moon though 

I mean, you gonna have something to get you to this level.  How many guys we seen in the 4th preseason game because they were just stupid fast?  On the flipside Brees isn't known for his arm strength, he just does everything else well.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I wanna see Haskins with the starters next week

Yeah.  But this organization is just too damn conservative (gutless) to do it.  They don’t attack success.  So they took in mediocrity.

The one thing I can’t take away from Dan in the 2000’s is he tried to attack success.  He just kept blowing off his own foot in the ambush.

Bruce is a conservative, middling twit who hired a conservative middling twit and they’ve had middling results. 

Just now, turtle said:

Just his style. Seems lost and just rambles on

He’s a talking cliche. Theisman that is. 

Side note:

Trents value is through the roof with a QB like Haskins, in regards to longer developing deep throws. Situation sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Eh, kinda hard to run the ball behind that left side. 

Or block Fletcher Cox week 1. 

I suspect we'll see Dwayne at some point this season but only after we're out of it, or due to injuries. 

Run away from Cox.  You can’t be scared.  If you’re going to lose, you might as well get Haskins reps.  As long as Jay can be smart and not get the kid killed.

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

ya'll can troll me all you want. But we havent seen that since Rypien. Stand and read the defense KNOWING you are gonna get rocked and deliver a dime 45 yards downfield. Gorgeous.

Yes but we're not supposed to start him because he has poor footwork and all the talking heads say so.

Overall, this game seems to have shown we are about equal with the bengals.  As of yet, Im not sure if thats good or not, though Im leading towards no with all of the penalties and mistakes.  Ive found the 2nd and 3rd preseason scores when the starters leave is actually a very good predictor of how good a team is.  This one was separated by one flukey play, though I suspect Payne is good enough to keep producing plays like that from time to time.  Starting D was okay, starting offense was poor.  That throw by Haskins was fantastic, best sign of the half.

Archived