Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

14 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

:rofl89:  the guys a cuckold

See Swearinger, D.J. and how he lead........he let's him get away with blasting coaches, teammates, etc. to the media three times before issuing any punishment. 

Except he was cut outright in the middle of the season. So...

Trent is worth more than Tunsil. That being said, Miami is in the middle of some seriously baffling offseason moves. They traded for Rosen, but then signed Fitzpatrick and decided to start him over Josh. That makes no sense at all! I dont like Rosen, but if you are willing to trade for a guy 1 year removed from a top 10 pick, are in a rebuilding phase, and have no instability anywhere, what in the world are you doing here? Start that man.

We should capitalize on Miami's rebuff here. Trent for a 2020 1st, Clowney, and a pick swap somewhere.

I think in my newest ideal scenario, we trade Trent for a 1st, a fourth and Clowney and then turn around and trade Clowney for a first or second.

I now believe Trent when he says he's not coming back because of what he said on the podcast.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

The issue with Clowney is he's playing this year on the tag and teams can't negotiate with him until after the season...

But if the Texans offered the Skins a first + Clowney for Williams I'd strongly consider it if we had some assurance Clowney would consider an extension (of course, Clowney controls the narrative on where he goes because he can just not sign his tender).

And that's enormous.  I'm not trading Trent for what amounts to a rental and a hope and prayer later. 

15 minutes ago, justice98 said:

And that's enormous.  I'm not trading Trent for what amounts to a rental and a hope and prayer later. 

I would in a heartbeat if it came with a first round pick.

Clowney would just be a bonus and we could have fun watching him all year and then get a comp pick when he leaves. 

Hell ya I'd be all over that.

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Trent is worth more than Tunsil. That being said, Miami is in the middle of some seriously baffling offseason moves. They traded for Rosen, but then signed Fitzpatrick and decided to start him over Josh. That makes no sense at all! I dont like Rosen, but if you are willing to trade for a guy 1 year removed from a top 10 pick, are in a rebuilding phase, and have no instability anywhere, what in the world are you doing here? Start that man.

We should capitalize on Miami's rebuff here. Trent for a 2020 1st, Clowney, and a pick swap somewhere.

Well actually they signed Fitzpatrick first (March).

San Diego possibly as a trading partner?

Chargers GM Tom Telesco said LT Russell Okung (blood clots) will not be ready for Week 1.

Okung is still recovering from a pulmonary embolism, something that has become far too common in the NFL this offseason after Bengals LG Clint Boling retired due to a blood clot and now Patriots C David Andrews' season is in jeopardy because of one. Okung's was discovered in June. It's a very serious medical issue. Second-year UDFA Trent Scott has been filling in for Okung.

Chances are we are not interested in Clowneys 100mil impending contract, and he apparently wants a contender which counts us out short term, but that's damn interesting information flying about. 

You reckon Trent would be truly interested in playing for the Texans. I would like to think so at this stage..

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Except he was cut outright in the middle of the season. So...

Middle of the season my ass.....  He was waived on Dec. 24th after running his mouth on Dec. 22nd following the loss to the Titans with one game left in the season.  Some leader......a real leader would have done something the first time it happened, with making it perfectly clear in training camp there would be none of that bull**** going on.

He got two chances to many before anything was even done.  

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Chances are we are not interested in Clowneys 100mil impending contract, and he apparently wants a contender which counts us out short term, but that's damn interesting information flying about. 

You reckon Trent would be truly interested in playing for the Texans. I would like to think so at this stage..

Ill admit I’m intrigued by the idea of adding Clowney to this group of pass rushers but assets (draft picks) are probably the shrewder move. Sounds like they are looking for a first and second, but would bet they settle for a first and third.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Clowney flew to Miami to meet with their HC - Miami is not a contender. He wants PAYING. I would not want to be the team to do that.

Trent is from Houston.

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Clowney flew to Miami to meet with their HC - Miami is not a contender. He wants PAYING. I would not want to be the team to do that.

Trent is from Houston.

Agreed. I also knew he was from Houston. He also wants to 'win' apparently so do the Texans give him that.....

Very intriguing situation. Bruce is taking heat, I think he's playing this well so far. 

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If it’s a first and Clowney I would because the comp pick for him would be a third anyways

If he was traded here, didn't sign the tender and then signed as a FA is it still in the comp pick realm?  Guess I need to see if how Bell counted this year. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Bell was a 3rd.  So nevermind.

34 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Waiting until 2020 would botch the compensation in and of itself. Two years of team control vs. a rental is a huge deal. 

If Trent sits out for the year (his choice) we would still control him for 2 years after, I thought.

25 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I get so annoyed seeing all these teams making small trades...especially this year, lots of OL moving for cheap. It makes me wonder if we even do our due diligence on stuff like this as an organization. 

Is even in question now?  Of course not because they are too busy winning off the field.

If we actually turned down a 1st + Clowney for Trent this is our 2nd most ridiculous trade situation. 

#1 is offering Cincy two 1st round picks for Ochocinco, which somehow they were dumb enough to decline. I don't think the all-sides stupidity of that will ever be topped. 

Archived