Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones was just on, he said checking around that Trent hasn't budged from his position and neither have the Redskins.

So basically neither will give an inch.

Trent loses millions 

Skins miss their best offensive player and miss out on a potential draft pick.

To what end?  

This is shaping up like an everyone loses situation especially the fans.

Im still hoping that a team ponies up a 1st rounder and/or a player and this thing gets resolved.  

Just smells like a perfect example of why you don't dangle a GM's career on a win or else ultimatum, the second you do that, your GM is going to make every decision based upon his paycheck, rather than the long term good of the franchise. The long term good of the franchise is served by trading Silverback if he's going to refuse to play for us, but Gruden and Allen know they'll almost certainly be fired if they trade Silverback and the team falls apart w/o his foundation level play on the left side, so they'll do anything to avoid said firing, regardless of what it does to the long term interests of the franchise. 

Quite frustrating to have ownership that has learned nothing in twenty years. 

35 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

So basically neither will give an inch.

Trent loses millions 

Skins miss their best offensive player and miss out on a potential draft pick.

To what end?  

This is shaping up like an everyone loses situation especially the fans.

Im still hoping that a team ponies up a 1st rounder and/or a player and this thing gets resolved.  

From the team's perspective, they have 2 years to deal Williams. So unless it gets a great offer, it can wait it out to some degree. Hell, the Rams send a 3rd rounder for half a season of Dante Fowler last year. The Vikings panic traded a first-round pick in  and a fourth-round pick for Sam Bradford on the eve of the season. The Raiders panic traded first- and second-round draft picks for Carson Palmer a few weeks into the season (Palmer was holding out). It seems there's always a market and if you wait long enough, someone might make a panic trade. I think it's doubtful that the best trade offers for Williams have come yet.

15 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Just smells like a perfect example of why you don't dangle a GM's career on a win or else ultimatum, the second you do that, your GM is going to make every decision based upon his paycheck, rather than the long term good of the franchise. The long term good of the franchise is served by trading Silverback if he's going to refuse to play for us, but Gruden and Allen know they'll almost certainly be fired if they trade Silverback and the team falls apart w/o his foundation level play on the left side, so they'll do anything to avoid said firing, regardless of what it does to the long term interests of the franchise. 

Quite frustrating to have ownership that has learned nothing in twenty years. 

Do we even know Bruce is under any type of ultimatum? The stands were empty last season and #FireBruceAllen was trending on Twitter.  Dan responded by firing the marketing guys and putting Bruce back in charge of everything.  I am not convinced that Bruce feels any sort of pressure to win for Dan.  I’d imagine he wants to win now for himself, not because of fear of termination.  You wouldn’t know it by his sleazy persona, but deep down you’ve got to imagine dude feels like a trash heap for his failures.

Sorry, i'm with Bruce on this one. If Trent had a grievance then he should have made it known immediately. He purposely hamstrung the team after FA and the draft for whatever reason. Trent can sit on his fat ass for two years for all I care. There are repercussions to actions and you can't let players dictate whether or not they will play out their contract, especially after they already collected the guarantee. 

HOWEVER if we do trade him, I wonder if it's possible to put together some sort of three way trade where Tunsil goes to us, Williams to Houston and Clowney to Miami?

35 minutes ago, Jericho said:

From the team's perspective, they have 2 years to deal Williams. So unless it gets a great offer, it can wait it out to some degree. Hell, the Rams send a 3rd rounder for half a season of Dante Fowler last year. The Vikings panic traded a first-round pick in  and a fourth-round pick for Sam Bradford on the eve of the season. The Raiders panic traded first- and second-round draft picks for Carson Palmer a few weeks into the season (Palmer was holding out). It seems there's always a market and if you wait long enough, someone might make a panic trade. I think it's doubtful that the best trade offers for Williams have come yet.

Agree 100% with everything you said here.  The only fly in the ointment is our "GM".  Lets hope he is smarter than many think.  Lets hope that he is just waiting until that panicking team calls and that he isn't just going to stick with the "we aren't trading Trent period" mind set.  I want to believe that its just hyperbole.. Really I do.. But...

Considering his stance, keep him this year and the next and then franchise him or transition him.  If he doesn't want to play for us, make his sit for a few years.  It is at this point making a statement.  Does the league or our skin's really want to put up with Antionio Brown or Bell type issues every season.    Make a stand now and put a stop to this non-sense.   Really wish we didn't have a salary cap and could just cut these cancers while still having good backups.

3 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

That's kind of why I like the idea of taking their picks.  They look good now, but that is about to change.  They are already up against the cap and now have less room to maneuver now that they signed their broken down ginger QB to a mega deal.  So they can't hit FA for talent.  Lets take their picks and hurt them long term

Plus lets not pretend their GM is some master negotiater.  He is riding the reputation he built with his 2017 FA class.  But he has had a LOT of misses as well.  

Literally everyone in his 2018 FA class was bust to just average.  Nagta… worthless.  Mike Wallace.... lasted two games.  Trade a 3rd for golden tate?  :lol:

The only "good" pick up, really, average, was Bennett.  And was he better than what they let go?  No.

And he wastes picks like Vinny.  5 in 2018 (2nd fewest in nfl).  5 in 2019 (fewest in nfl).  

So is he bad?   No.  But people treat him like NFL royalty and really, he is just a bit better than average.

“People”.  Who are these people that are treating Roseman as such?  You sound bitter that he’s had a lot of success in last 24 months.   And if he’s “ average” then Bruce should be selling shoes at Payless. SBs are not easy to come by these last 10 years with Belicheat and GOAT around.  

2 minutes ago, owa said:

Considering his stance, keep him this year and the next and then franchise him or transition him.  If he doesn't want to play for us, make his sit for a few years.  It is at this point making a statement.  Does the league or our skin's really want to put up with Antionio Brown or Bell type issues every season.    Make a stand now and put a stop to this non-sense.   Really wish we didn't have a salary cap and could just cut these cancers while still having good backups.

that's not even necessary, he doesn't play his contract stays at two years

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

HOWEVER if we do trade him, I wonder if it's possible to put together some sort of three way trade where Tunsil goes to us, Williams to Houston and Clowney to Miami?

So...

Clowney to Miami

Tunsil to DC

Williams to Houston

Throw in a spare 3/4/5 rounder to grease the wheels.

YES OR NO, STADIUM?

It's the new free agency. If you don't like your contract that you agree to, you just refuse to play and get traded to a different team. 

It will be addressed in the next cba. 

Why would anyone want to trade picks for clowney? He carries a hefty price tag, seems a malcontent, and is a 1 year rental. 

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

So...

Clowney to Miami

Tunsil to DC

Williams to Houston

Throw in a spare 3/4/5 rounder to grease the wheels.

YES OR NO, STADIUM?

Nope...I want even a late round 1st/2nd and a player..use that pick for a rookie left tackle and use the original first pick on a guard for opposite of scherff..

Let's realy build for the future!

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nope...I want even a late round 1st/2nd and a player..use that pick for a rookie left tackle and use the original first pick on a guard for opposite of scherff..

The fantasy world scenario that will never happen just gets better 😂.  Hell , why not an additional Pro Bowl player for TW - while you’re dreaming.  

1 minute ago, Cantankerous said:

The fantasy world scenario that will never happen just gets better 😂.  Hell , why not an additional Pro Bowl player for TW - while you’re dreaming.  

I thought the Patriots already offered a first for trent?..I would have taken that and done what I just mentioned..fantasy world?..I dont play fantasy foosball and the pro bowl is over rated..hell..ya could call every player on every 53 man roster a "probowler"

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

You're not going to get that. Getting a really good LT who is a former first round pick, is still young and on his rookie contract is probably more than you'll get. In fact, I doubt Miami would do this.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

You're not going to get that. Getting a really good LT who is a former first round pick, is still young and on his rookie contract is probably more than you'll get. In fact, I doubt Miami would do this.

Can't get a first round pick for trent?..if he's all healed up feeling his best since  blah blah blah

..I could see someone giving up a 1 for him once the season gets started and players start dropping

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yes.  Tunsil for Clowney is a bad deal for the Phins.

But throw in a 3rd from Houston and a 4th from us?  Dolphins might bite.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yes.  Tunsil for Clowney is a bad deal for the Phins.

But throw in a 3rd from Houston and a 4th from us?  Dolphins might bite.

Tunsil and a conditional 5th to us, we send TW and a 4th to Houston, they send Clowney and a 3rd to Miami.

BOOM. Book it. 

Sooooo would we benefit from getting tunsil?..I ask this seriously..I dont know much about him..I know he's a former first round but can't remember when drafted and his stats and what have ya.. not trying to start an argument..I'm all for what ever benefits the Redskins team.

Archived