Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There is serious talk that Lucas may be pushing for Moses' job, not the LT opening.

Wait, really?  If that was the case, why wouldn't we just cut Moses and save cap room?  His cap hit is 8.65 million.  It seems odd to sign someone to compete with a veteran making that much?

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Wait, really?  If that was the case, why wouldn't we just cut Moses and save cap room?  His cap hit is 8.65 million.  It seems odd to sign someone to compete with a veteran making that much?

Not if they are thinking long term/potential that Lucas can play LT. Really no one of telling what the team is doing at this point. Cutting Moses now doesn't make sense. The LT stuff has to be figured out, and another LT brought in even IF they think Lucas CAN play RT for us. 

Gotta let this stuff play out a bit. 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Have heard from Bears fans that Lucas was a mess at LT, but was solid at RT.  I think he stays our swing tackle unless he beats out Moses in camp. 

At this point, I’m holding onto Trent unless I get an early 2nd or better. 

I think Lucas is clearly a 3rd or 4th OT to push Geron Christian. And if we trade Trent, I think that probably stays the same, since you're probably adding a rookie in the draft.

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

Jeez what the heck is wrong with many of you?  You guys must have really liked Bruce Allen because this is how he acts. Would rather carry out some petty vindictiveness than do what is best for the team. If he plays for us this year he better damn well be our starting left tackle.

This is what’s best for the team he needs to stop dragging his feet looking for a deal that’s not going to happen, meanwhile eating up our cap space and leaving us in limbo at a crucial position.

And there is no reason we should have to take the loss for his actions.

People will only day to you what you let them do. 
  We gave him what he wanted the ability to seek a trade..... guess what nobody was interested so either take our deal or find a deal that gets you out of here but this is a multi million billion business we’ve got a rookie QB we’re trying to establish something new here and he’s either with us or against us!

1 hour ago, Sean 3621 said:

This is what’s best for the team he needs to stop dragging his feet looking for a deal that’s not going to happen, meanwhile eating up our cap space and leaving us in limbo at a crucial position.

We gave him what he wanted the ability to seek a trade..... guess what nobody was interested so either take our deal or find a deal that gets you out of here but this is a multi million billion business we’ve got a rookie QB we’re trying to establish something new here and he’s either with us or against us!

Pride does weird things to people.......alphas don't like to be wrong, especially in front of the world.

1 hour ago, Sean 3621 said:

So your solution is to play him as a FB, special teams, cornerback, etc if he plays for us, but not as a left tackle as that might be beneficial to him.  There can't be a clearer example of petty vindictiveness being more important than the team than that plan.

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think you just answered your own question.

In your second sentence you noted that they would "compete", meaning nothing is certain about how emerges the starter, of the 2.

But in your first sentence, you ask why not cut Moses, then ?

But why would we cut Moses now, in that scenario, if the competition is months away, and there is uncertainty of who will win the competition ?

That's why I used the term "push" and not necessarily "replace".

We have to let it play out, before making cap decisions.

I got the Lucas information from an extremely reliable source, btw

2 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

To me it says he has an unrealistic view of his worth.

You would think he'd take less to play for a SB contender or with a QB like Brady in a state without taxes? His agent should be all over this destination. It's almost too perfect. 

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You would think he'd take less to play for a SB contender or with a QB like Brady in a state without taxes? His agent should be all over this destination. It's almost too perfect. 

I think he's broke and wants as much money as he can get. No facts to back that up, but I get the sense he didn't manage his money very well.

39 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I think he's broke and wants as much money as he can get. No facts to back that up, but I get the sense he didn't manage his money very well.

Word was, Trent's money situation was fine and that's why he could sit out last season.

18 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Word was, Trent's money situation was fine and that's why he could sit out last season.

Did he earn any money by showing up at the end of the season, or did that only accomplish accruing vested time ?

If I had to guess, I'd say he earned a decent amount of money in 2019 just by showing up in the last half of  the season.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did he earn any money by showing up at the end of the season, or did that only accomplish accruing vested time ?

If I had to guess, I'd say he earned a decent amount of money in 2019 just by showing up in the last half of  the season.

I don't know if Williams got anything for last season. He never played, never practiced, and I don't think any of Trent's contract was guaranteed.

I can't see the Redskins paying him anything for just walking in the door one time.

3 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Pride does weird things to people.......alphas don't like to be wrong, especially in front of the world.

That’s y we need to lean on him either he finds a deal/trade or be prepared to be our new LG ! If he has to play guard his FA  value will take yet another hit.

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

So your solution is to play him as a FB, special teams, cornerback, etc if he plays for us, but not as a left tackle as that might be beneficial to him.  There can't be a clearer example of petty vindictiveness being more important than the team than that plan.

You threaten him with that to get him to get a deal done now instead of dragging his feet looking for 20 million a year which no one apparently is willing to give him and yes if he has to play here this year and we draft Thomas or Wirfs or Becton and they come in and earn the starting LT job I would certainly slide Trent to LG.

No need for him to take reps away from his replacement.

The guy is holding up progress in money and position value , he needs to piss or get off the pot

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

What does it say about a player who has permission to find a trade and can't find one? Get a new agent perhaps? 

I think what Trent did in 2019 has labeled him a coach killer and malcontent with NO integrity. He'll fain injury, leak and hold out services for his perceived grievances. I posted last year when this all started that his "approach" would come back to bite him. Just look at A. Brown. Trent put HIMSELF into that category.

Karma is a **** ain't it.

57 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Redskins elect not to pay Trent Williams' $5.1M salary

This is a voluntary decision, within Washington's rights, but the move is not consistent with how other teams have operated. Other notable players on the NFI list this season have included Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul and Los Angeles Chargers offensive tackle Russell Okung, but both were paid roughly 35-40% of their salaries while unable to be on the field.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28036330https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28036330

2 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Redskins elect not to pay Trent Williams' $5.1M salary

This is a voluntary decision, within Washington's rights, but the move is not consistent with how other teams have operated. Other notable players on the NFI list this season have included Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul and Los Angeles Chargers offensive tackle Russell Okung, but both were paid roughly 35-40% of their salaries while unable to be on the field.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28036330https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28036330

Hmm, that could explain a lot, regarding Trent's current perspective.

3 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Bruce?

Only thing Bruce did wrong was not trade him last year

but expecting a player that signed a contract that at the time made him highest paid player at his position to honor his deal is not wrong.

Especially the way he did it.

Archived