Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'd do a 3rd and a future 2nd. Someone has to bite on that, Trent is way better than anything you'll get in the 3rd round this year and the next few years. 

If we dont acquire a 2nd then I would make him play this year. He has to perform well if he wants a new deal next year. At which point we can trade, tag and trade or simply receive a comp pick. All with getting motivated production from him this coming season and allow us an additional year to address LT.

8 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

If we dont acquire a 2nd then I would make him play this year. He has to perform well if he wants a new deal next year. At which point we can trade, tag and trade or simply receive a comp pick. All with getting motivated production from him this coming season and allow us an additional year to address LT.

I really want a 2nd this year, there's a lot of guys I think can be quality pieces to our team in the 2nd round in the 2020 draft. Nobody is biting though and it's frustrating because teams want to steal him instead of making a fair trade. I don't think Trent will sit out this year, if he wants another NFL contract even close to what he thinks he's worth he'll play. The problem with relying on the franchise tag is that means we have to be conservative in FA, I don't see that happening so I'd like a trade get done because he's gone after next year no matter what in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I really want a 2nd this year, there's a lot of guys I think can be quality pieces to our team in the 2nd round in the 2020 draft. Nobody is biting though and it's frustrating because teams want to steal him instead of making a fair trade. 

Thing is, getting Trent for a 2nd is getting him on the cheap. He's worth way more than that. He's a probowler and a borderline hall of fame caliber tackle. A second is more than fair. What teams are trying to do is screw the 'skins because Trent wants an arm and a leg and they think they have the 'skins over a barrel because they pretty much have to get rid of him.

Bruce should have traded Trent to Houston last year. We would have gotten a first plus. Sucks, but that's where we are. Now, we will probably get chump change or nothing. Mind you if nothing means Trent comes back to play that's not a bad nothing, but still... The Redskins and Trent Williams both misplayed their hands really badly.

19 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'd do a 3rd and a future 2nd. Someone has to bite on that, Trent is way better than anything you'll get in the 3rd round this year and the next few years. 

I'd rather Trent be our LT then get some 2nd round pick....We can hit the ground running hard if TW buys in. This has to be killing him to watch all these players changing teams while he sits watching.....

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Thing is, getting Trent for a 2nd is getting him on the cheap. He's worth way more than that. He's a probowler and a borderline hall of fame caliber tackle. A second is more than fair. What teams are trying to do is screw the 'skins because Trent wants an arm and a leg and they think they have the 'skins over a barrel because they pretty much have to get rid of him.

Bruce should have traded Trent to Houston last year. We would have gotten a first plus. Sucks, but that's where we are. Now, we will probably get chump change or nothing. Mind you if nothing means Trent comes back to play that's not a bad nothing, but still... The Redskins and Trent Williams both misplayed their hands really badly.

And they deserve each other....Trent will love it if here if he just opens his mind and moves on. 

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

Now that really would be cutting off our noises.  Is that you Bruce?

Now you have cap room. You are in a rebuild. You are setting a new tone. You don't do that by becoming a charity to an unhappy well paid player. 

He needs to go out, find himself a team that will pay him AND give Washington what they want in return.

The nose was cut off a year ago. Now it's as much about other players on the roster as it is him. 

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

Now that really would be cutting off our noises.  Is that you Bruce?

How so? This team is now in rebuild mode, from the FO attitude to the players on the field. It’s not as if a Super Bowl or even playoffs are in the cards. The players need to know this isn’t Brucie Boy or the useless Norval Gruden running things. 

What do you all think of this :

We address a bunch of needs, including a young LT to groom as the next replacement at the position, who may not be ready to start for a while...but because we can't fill all our needs right away, Penn comes back as a stopgap for just 1 more year ?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/donald-penn-reportedly-wants-push-retirement-open-return-redskins

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We address a bunch of needs, including a young LT to groom as the next replacement at the position, who may not be ready to start for a while...but because we can't fill all our needs right away, Penn comes back as a stopgap for just 1 more year ?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/donald-penn-reportedly-wants-push-retirement-open-return-redskins

I'm fine with Penn returning....lets do it. Meanwhile, hold on to Trent and let other teams see that we have our bases covered and won't budge from our compensation demands. It's game on now. We gave Trent permission to seek a trade and his jackass agent went out and coupled that with a demand for 20 mil a year? Total screw up by the agent. Find a deal for your client then talk extension, or just find a trade partner and play one year then become a free agent. Don't put a price on your client to kill a deal before it even develops....The Skins have said they are willing to negotiate, sounds like Trent and his agent aren't. That's bad business.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That ship has sailed.  After the Lucas signing, it makes no sense right now to bring Penn back.  It's not that Lucas is good, it's that Penn isn't good.

22 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Let him sit and watch. Dunbar too. 

I’d go get his replacement regardless and make him play LG 

or

give him a new deal that would make trading him next year easier 

3 year deal 

15-17 million first year 

18-20 million second year (incentive laden) 

same for year three 

We get Trent back for 15 million the first year, he proved he’s worth trading for and has a two year deal making him easier to trade

18 minutes ago, Sean 3621 said:

I’d go get his replacement regardless and make him play LG 

or

give him a new deal that would make trading him next year easier 

3 year deal 

15-17 million first year 

18-20 million second year (incentive laden) 

same for year three 

We get Trent back for 15 million the first year, he proved he’s worth trading for and has a two year deal making him easier to trade

I guess anything is possible but your proposal would mean both sides have to be willing to do a contract extension and I don't think either side is willing to at this point. It seems to me that TW is gonna need to come back and talk with RR again to fill him in on what he learned these past two weeks while searching for a trade partner. This is looking more and more like a guy who doesn't love the game anymore and is trying to get what he can. Many posters have already said this but it just seems to be getting more clear. One thing is for sure to me, we just can't settle and give him away, not after the way he has handled everything and hung the team out to dry. 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I guess anything is possible but your proposal would mean both sides have to be willing to do a contract extension and I don't think either side is willing to at this point. It seems to me that TW is gonna need to come back and talk with RR again to fill him in on what he learned these past two weeks while searching for a trade partner. This is looking more and more like a guy who doesn't love the game anymore and is trying to get what he can. Many posters have already said this but it just seems to be getting more clear. One thing is for sure to me, we just can't settle and give him away, not after the way he has handled everything and hung the team out to dry. 

Yea I’d rather move on from this guy at this point but not for free.  I’d tell him to except a deal or be prepared to be playing special teams, LG,FB or any other crap position I can think of maybe we try you out at CB. I’ll have your big ass out there running go routes against Terry.

Either swallow your pride and take our deal or find a trade now!

Who knows who we’ve missed out on already much less going forward how. This situation needs to be fixed ASAP

23 minutes ago, Sean 3621 said:

Yea I’d rather move on from this guy at this point but not for free.  I’d tell him to except a deal or be prepared to be playing special teams, LG,FB or any other crap position I can think of maybe we try you out at CB. I’ll have your big ass out there running go routes against Terry.

Either swallow your pride and take our deal or find a trade now!

Who knows who we’ve missed out on already much less going forward how. This situation needs to be fixed ASAP

Jeez what the heck is wrong with many of you?  You guys must have really liked Bruce Allen because this is how he acts. Would rather carry out some petty vindictiveness than do what is best for the team. If he plays for us this year he better damn well be our starting left tackle.

20 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Jeez what the heck is wrong with many of you?  You guys must have really liked Bruce Allen because this is how he acts. Would rather carry out some petty vindictiveness than do what is best for the team. If he plays for us this year he better damn well be our starting left tackle.

What's best for the team is getting his fat, ungrateful ass off of it. Let him be someone else's problem.

Hello Everyone! GM Mock draft starts at Noon tomorrow. Rosters will be locked down at Noon Tomorrow, First pick is at 12pm tomorrow!! 

Please send in your listS of preferred players to me or @goskins10 to keep the draft moving. Let’s really try to get through this with a little urgency. Best way to avoid Long waits is to just send us your lists.

Archived