Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

13 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Trent will be our starting LT this year, looks pretty definitive now...

Ron and Trent just need to sit down and be Men about the reality of the situation. 

I think that was probably the agreement and to be honest we need him to protect Cam until we find a replacement LT.

Yeah count me among the people who likes this signing.  And part of it I was a big believer in what London Fletcher did for the defense that went beyond his play -- smarts and leadership.  Davis isn't a stud anymore but I do think that defense needs a guy who can bring some energy to that locker room where you got IMO a whole bunch of type B personalities on the defensive side.  The same reason why i am extra jazzed about Chase Young who is also a boisterious-leader type.

There are virtually no tackles left on the market outside of Trent....if any team wants/needs one it will have to be through the draft and that player will likely be pretty raw. If I'm the Skins the price to trade Trent in the NFC is a 1st round pick now, AFC it's a 2nd and an additional pick or player. We have no incentive to leave ourselves without a starting pro bowl caliber left tackle just so an NFC rival can have one on the cheap. Do we really want to send Trent to sunny Tampa to block for Tom Brady so they can waltz thru the NFC South?

If I'm RR I'm not trading Trent unless I'm blown away with an offer now. Tampa's 1st plus Howard gets it done.

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There are virtually no tackles left on the market outside of Trent....if any team wants/needs one it will have to be through the draft and that player will likely be pretty raw. If I'm the Skins the price to trade Trent in the NFC is a 1st round pick now, AFC it's a 2nd and an additional pick or player. We have no incentive to leave ourselves without a starting pro bowl caliber left tackle just so an NFC rival can have one on the cheap. Do we really want to send Trent to sunny Tampa to block for Tom Brady so they can waltz thru the NFC South?

If I'm RR I'm not trading Trent unless I'm blown away with an offer now. Tampa's 1st plus Howard gets it done.

I would like that trade... grab a replacement OT at 14 and have the new starting TE in place of TW...

17 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Like the way you think Brother!!!

Having Brady without a LT is like having a gorgeous 1/4 lb burger without the  cheese and roll. The Bucs now HAVE to get Brady a left tackle and Brady will have say in the roster so he may even make the call himself to RR. Since that's the case I say we ask for Godwin and a 2nd.

24 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If a team calls up and says "ok, weve got your 2nd"....we may be able to squeeze out another 3rd/4th in 2021 or something. A 1st demand is akin to what we did last year with this ****

16 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

If a team calls up and says "ok, weve got your 2nd"....we may be able to squeeze out another 3rd/4th in 2021 or something. A 1st demand is akin to what we did last year with this ****

I'm looking at each team and their situation, coupled with our situation and going from there. Trent didn't find a trade quick enough and now we are left with no tackles to choose from and no picks to get one. He has put us in a terrible situation. We need to protect our young QB the same as Tampa needs to protect their 43 year old. I don't look at last year, just this year and what options we have. Tampa, or any other team is gonna have to pay to get our left tackle no matter how happy he isn't. Trent is more valuable to the Skins then a 2nd round pick is....to me the price has gone up because the supply is just about dry. We have a monopoly on pro bowl talent left tackles who are available right now....be prepared to pay.

If we could possibly get pick #14 from Tampa for Trent, I would most definitely throw in a couple late picks to sweeten the pot to make it happen. Say...

Trent and pick 4/108 and next years 6th for 1/14.

- Take Chase at #2

-Trade down from #14 into the 20's and add a 2nd. Take a OT and a TE with these picks if possible.

Check Check Check. Hail To The Redskins!!!

10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I see those that deluded themselves into thinking that we'd get a 1st for Trent have now decided to double down after we were unable to get a 2d for him when demand was higher. 

I hear you dude. This is definitely a Buccaneers or bust mindset. However the same thing that tied Trent to the Chargers rumor was Brady. There is logic to the argument. Tampa knows it’s now or never, they have pushed all their chips into the center of the table. They have the cap space. I guarantee Brady would rather have an experienced guy protecting his blind side than a rookie, or what they have now. Just sayin...

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I see those that deluded themselves into thinking that we'd get a 1st for Trent have now decided to double down after we were unable to get a 2d for him when demand was higher. 

Well, Buffalo paid 4 draft picks, including their 1st, for Stefon Diggs in a draft LOADED with WR's....they are going for it now. That's why you have to look at this on a team by team basis rather than just throw a blanket over the entire league and say "we just want a 2nd" for him. Some teams are more desperate or better equipped to offer more than others. Right now Minnesota has two 1st round picks and a weak offensive line. You would think they'd pony up a 2nd for someone like Trent....Tampa is similar in that they need a LT badly now that they have Brady. 

I really believe that time is on our side with this whole Trent saga....the longer it plays out the more desperate he may get or other teams may get to solidify LT while we have time to find a replacement. We should sign Jason Peters tonight if he'd come here....get the position settled then play the waiting game. We would show teams and Trent that we did what we had to do and won't settle for chump change in a deal for him.

Archived