Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

51 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm looking at each team and their situation, coupled with our situation and going from there. Trent didn't find a trade quick enough and now we are left with no tackles to choose from and no picks to get one. He has put us in a terrible situation. We need to protect our young QB the same as Tampa needs to protect their 43 year old. I don't look at last year, just this year and what options we have. Tampa, or any other team is gonna have to pay to get our left tackle no matter how happy he isn't. Trent is more valuable to the Skins then a 2nd round pick is....to me the price has gone up because the supply is just about dry. We have a monopoly on pro bowl talent left tackles who are available right now....be prepared to pay.

Yeah I know. Just gotta know when to hold em.        …….know when to fold em. 

27 minutes ago, redrobert said:

I hear you dude. This is definitely a Buccaneers or bust mindset. However the same thing that tied Trent to the Chargers rumor was Brady. There is logic to the argument. Tampa knows it’s now or never, they have pushed all their chips into the center of the table. They have the cap space. I guarantee Brady would rather have an experienced guy protecting his blind side than a rookie, or what they have now. Just sayin...

Let's remember something, Nate Solider and Trent Brown can thank Brady for big paydays.  He made those two look a lot better then they really are.  Brady's great at feeling outside pressure and knows when to step up in the pocket to avoid the rush.  He's never needed an elite LT.  Belichick devalued OT and put more into the interior OL to stop the interior rush from collapsing the pocket.  So I'm not buying the Bucs are going all out for a LT.  They just need serviceable one.   

5 hours ago, drowland said:

Let's remember something, Nate Solider and Trent Brown can thank Brady for big paydays.  He made those two look a lot better then they really are.  Brady's great at feeling outside pressure and knows when to step up in the pocket to avoid the rush.  He's never needed an elite LT.  Belichick devalued OT and put more into the interior OL to stop the interior rush from collapsing the pocket.  So I'm not buying the Bucs are going all out for a LT.  They just need serviceable one.   

44D67B20-EAB4-40B2-815C-FF001A2ABE96.gif

8 hours ago, Gibbit said:

Tampa + brady...a 2021 1st may be worse than their 2020 2nd , +  a later round in 2021

There are rumors people are hesitant to give up a second.  If Tampa agrees the value is similar but slightly worse due to future year, I think it'd be worth it. 

I'd much rather first this year, I just don't think it's likely with everything we've seen.

I think Brady in Tampa Bay won't be as magical as Brady in New England for a couple of reasons:

1) Brady is a year older and did seem to finally show signs of age last year

2) New system and new coaches take time to adapt to. I'm sure they will try to institute the New England philosophy for him, but then all his receivers, running backs and blockers need to learn a new system. So, there will be a period of adjustment.

3) Joe Montana when he went to Kansas City was good, but he was no longer Joe Montana. I think the same will be true of Brady.

On the other hand, it's been a while since Brady had that kind of supporting talent. So, that might even it up a bit.

It seems like the writing is on the wall, and barring some kind of miracle trade with TB, we're gonna be stuck with trent this year. As I feared, teams targeted other FA's and many have spent a ton of money over the last few days. Not many have the cap space to add another albatross contract for someone who has quite obviously pissed a lot of people off and made other teams wary/look in another direction for LT help.

You have to be one hell of a dickhead to be one of the best in the league at your position, yet NOBODY wants you bad enough to give up anything of value for you.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

It seems like the writing is on the wall, and barring some kind of miracle trade with TB, we're gonna be stuck with trent this year. As I feared, teams targeted other FA's and many have spent a ton of money over the last few days. Not many have the cap space to add another albatross contract for someone who has quite obviously pissed a lot of people off and made other teams wary/look in another direction for LT help.

You have to be one hell of a dickhead to be one of the best in the league at your position, yet NOBODY wants you bad enough to give up anything of value for you.

See Brown, Antonio

42 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

We always wait to long to get rid of guys. Can't get a deal lest we look like morons huh?

The odds are stacked against Kyle and Ron. 

Bruce screwed those up first, then Trent wants QB money, and the team wants compensation.  It’s a mess not of their making.

Trent Williams falls into this problem  (unknown injury status and inability to get a physical due to the corona issue). With both having the 20+ mil/year salary requirement and the the unknown injury status, they may be looking at entering the year at home. Cam could go to the Bears, but when? Trent could go to most teams with a need. But are teams willing to hold on in hopes that he passes the physical? Will that team be able to compensate the Redskins properly? If there are teams talking to the Redskins, its all speculative because Trent hasn't been cleared to play. Same with Cam. Maybe a trade swap is in order.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I wouldn't. What an awful trade.

Sweat,Ion,Payne,Kerrigan, Settle, Brantley.........and Chase.

We option/resign or let Allen walk after this year right?? 14 might be able to get a Jeudy, Wirfs,  trade down for more picks etc. Allen hasn't been the player he was at Bama. If you feel the need you could always re-up with a Brown or Kinlaw if they fall that low.

Just now, TheShredSkinz said:

Sweat,Ion,Payne,Kerrigan, Settle, Brantley.........and Chase.

We option/resign or let Allen walk after this year right?? 13 might be able to get a Jeudy, Wirfs,  trade down for more picks etc. Allen hasn't been the player he was at Bama. If you feel the need you could always re-up with a Brown or Kinlaw if they fall that low.

Allen has been a very good player except last year where basically the team gave up and he was playing injured.  Effectively, you are giving up two pro bowl caliber players for a mid first round pick. One on a rookie contract.

It's a horrible trade. I'd want way more, but then again, I'm greedy and I value our guys.

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Allen has been a very good player except last year where basically the team gave up and he was playing injured.  Effectively, you are giving up two pro bowl caliber players for a mid first round pick. One on a rookie contract.

It's a horrible trade. I'd want way more, but then again, I'm greedy and I value our guys.

ONE pro bowl caliber player and a good, young player who is about to become expensive.

26 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

ONE pro bowl caliber player and a good, young player who is about to become expensive.

Ion, Payne,Settle, Brantley just makes it common sense to me. We have it to spare. And then Chase coming.......:ph34r:

Would never happen tho. League showed us what they thought bout Allen draft night (he hasn't done anything to prove them wrong) 

and aren't jumping on the opportunity to get our pro-bowl caliber OT for a measley 2nd.

6 hours ago, RabidFan said:

Trent should post a video of taking shots to the top of his head then putting helmet on and off.  Just to show his head is ready for battle (the outside part) since teams can't fly him in to have their Docs look at and clear him.  

giphy.gif

Archived