Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Huh?  I dont remember Bush saying Gore or Kerry were working with the Russians to interfere in the election.  Or are you talking about something else?

I meant stealing elections through fraud and treason. It’s an older article and I’m sure many here will think nothing was wrong with their conduct, but:

Well, I figure the Dems decided to bring in people to testify to stall impeachment (also keeping it in the public eye) while they come up with an end game. However, what if subpoenas are ignored...again? Trump officials are already ignoring depositions and spitting in the face of the house committees. This should be the dagger to put this administration out of it's misery, but I won't believe it just yet.

Luckily, this crime seems to go pretty high up, seems pretty obvious and hopefully won't be going away anytime soon. I'm expecting the rats to start jumping ship on this one, but the Dems need to push the matter. Which brings me to my next point: the Dems need cajones! If these witnesses start ignoring subpoenas (which they will), call the Sergeant at Arms and have them put in the cell. I don't care how Pelosi may think it might look, it needs to be done.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

shut up romney you wanted to be in his cabinet you fraud

and he used that to embarrass you on national tv. so you're a fraud and a fool. your opinions are null and void.

Haha! Would Romney be as terrible as Trump? Of course not, but don't be fooled that he actually stands for anything. Romney and McCain both stood for something...until they ran for president and threw everything they "believed" out the window. Romney is just talking, thats all he'll ever do it just talk.

58 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Well, I figure the Dems decided to bring in people to testify to stall impeachment (also keeping it in the public eye) while they come up with an end game. However, what if subpoenas are ignored...again? Trump officials are already ignoring depositions and spitting in the face of the house committees. This should be the dagger to put this administration out of it's misery, but I won't believe it just yet.

Luckily, this crime seems to go pretty high up, seems pretty obvious and hopefully won't be going away anytime soon. I'm expecting the rats to start jumping ship on this one, but the Dems need to push the matter. Which brings me to my next point: the Dems need cajones! If these witnesses start ignoring subpoenas (which they will), call the Sergeant at Arms and have them put in the cell. I don't care how Pelosi may think it might look, it needs to be done.

It seems that their tactic now may be closer to "Simply add it as an additional obstruction charge to the articles of impeachment" when the WH refuses to comply with subpoenas for an official impeachment inquiry instead of "Go to the courts and wait forever" as they did in the past. The latter really just plays into the admin's hands because they know they can drag it out for as long as possible, which would let some steam out of the inquiry and let the public move on. I think the Dems want to keep the pressure going and keep it all in the spotlight. 

I think they already have the ammo for an impeachment just with what they have so far. Any additional stonewalling and obstruction would just be more evidence of wrongdoing. 

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It seems that their tactic now may be closer to "Simply add it as an additional obstruction charge to the articles of impeachment" when the WH refuses to comply with subpoenas for an official impeachment inquiry instead of "Go to the courts and wait forever" as they did in the past. The latter really just plays into the admin's hands because they know they can drag it out for as long as possible, which would let some steam out of the inquiry and let the public move on. I think the Dems want to keep the pressure going and keep it all in the spotlight. 

I think they already have the ammo for an impeachment just with what they have so far. Any additional stonewalling and obstruction would just be more evidence of wrongdoing. 

I think that for the next few weeks, the media itself will keep it in the spotlight, because every day (practically every hour), journalists keep unearthing really damaging **** or tying things back to previous shady ****.  

I totally agree that what is in the public domain right now is more than enough to impeach, but more and more keeps coming out and I don't expect that to stop for awhile.  

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that for the next few weeks, the media itself will keep it in the spotlight, because every day (practically every hour), journalists keep unearthing really damaging **** or tying things back to previous shady ****.  

I totally agree that what is in the public domain right now is more than enough to impeach, but more and more keeps coming out and I don't expect that to stop for awhile.  

Yeah, agreed. Things will keep coming out. The Dems would be wise to just let Trump and his cronies continue to hang themselves and only draw up full impeachment articles once they see the well starting to dry up. If it continues at this pace for a while there's gonna be some serious ammo behind the official articles of impeachment. 

Add:

Rubio is such a slimy coward. He and Mittens are cut from the same vapid cloth. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

i have this feeling when the impeachment stuff concludes and trump is gone predicto's going to show up and tell us all how he spent the last few years getting trump impeached

and give us a "you're welcome"

I will send him a box of Omaha Steaks. 

One huge difference I have noticed about the Ukraine thing vs. The Russian thing.  The Mueller investigation was largely kept under wraps, behind closed doors etc etc the entire time it was being conducted. (Which ethically was a good thing) What this did in essence, however, was allow Right-Wing media to tarnish it, question it, set their own narrative about it for over a year before the actual results were released.  Add in the Barr summary, and you had 40% of the country unwilling to even entertain any information in the actual report because their minds were made up.

With the Ukraine situation, this is all playing out in real time.  Every time the GOP tries to set the narrative, or come up with strategy to defend it, the leaks/news throughout the day contradict and/or totally blow holes in every single one of their lame defenses/excuses.   Trump and his cronies have no time to actually form any kind of actual defense, so this has slowly turned into Trump just shooting from the hip, spouting off nonsense, and it looks like the fork in the road is going to be Trump basically making the claim that he can do anything he wants without checks & balances because he is the President.  I think the Dems are letting this play out this way to force the Senate GOP to have to go on record supporting that idea, and if they don't.....well.

Please find me a more pathetic, spineless fool in politics than Marco Rubio. His only competitor is Ted Cruz and even then he is in a league of his own. At least with Cruz, he is able to hide the shame of being the bootlicker for a man who viciously targeted his wife and father. With Marco, you can see the sadness on his face. He is Reek and Trump is his Ramsay Bolton.

45 minutes ago, tshile said:

and he used that to embarrass you on national tv. so you're a fraud and a fool. your opinions are null and void.

I wont believe him until the senate trial.  I wouldnt go so far as to say him not defending Trump doesnt matter, it jus doesnt matter to me unless he votes for removal when the time comes.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I wont believe him until the senate trial.  I wouldnt go so far as to say him not defending Trump doesnt matter, it jus doesnt matter to me unless he votes for removal when the time comes.

Yeah, I'm not going to listen to a single thing any of the Rs say (outside of "I'm leaving the Republican party because Trump is a piece of ****"). The only thing that will truly count is their vote on impeachment. Plenty of them have pretended to take "stands" against Trump before on bills or nominees, only to end up voting for them anyway. 

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, I'm not going to listen to a single thing any of the Rs say (outside of "I'm leaving the Republican party because Trump is a piece of ****"). The only thing that will truly count is their vote on impeachment. Plenty of them have pretended to take "stands" against Trump before on bills or nominees, only to end up voting for them anyway. 

Yes, another chance for Collins to show how much of a moderate she is. Cant wait.

58 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Please find me a more pathetic, spineless fool in politics than Marco Rubio. His only competitor is Ted Cruz and even then he is in a league of his own. At least with Cruz, he is able to hide the shame of being the bootlicker for a man who viciously targeted his wife and father. With Marco, you can see the sadness on his face. He is Reek and Trump is his Ramsay Bolton.

The main difference is that no one likes Ted Cruz. Not even his kids. At least Marco is a well liked asshole faux conservative.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, another chance for Collins to show how much of a moderate she is. Cant wait.

Every time Susan Collins is troubled by something, she ends up supporting whatever it was she claimed to be troubled by.  What she needs to be actually troubled by is what is staring back at her every time she looks in the mirror. 

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

Man Romney using big words that go over the head of his constituents. Susan Collins does the "concern" thing much better and digestible. No wonder he didn't get elected, too smart for the party. 

Recall a pundit during that election making the observation that at the Republican debate, the only man on the stage who was still married to his first wife had no chance of winning the party, because he was the wrong kind of Christian.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think they already have the ammo for an impeachment just with what they have so far.

I think they had it when he fired the head of the FBI for not promising to keep the President's staff out of the national security investigation he was starting.  

I think that having his entire top level of his campaign meet with a representative of Russian Intelligence, to get them to help the campaign, at least deserves said people going to jail.  Although I could see the argument that it doesn't justify impeachment, because it happened before he took office.  

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I still give people a pass for volunteering to be "adults in the room" in the early days of the  trump administration.    

if we look at it, EVERY change in Trump administration officials has been a drastic move for the worse  (other than the CIA, Haspel is an upgrade over Pompeo).    It is incredible to think that we would pining for the halcyon days of relative integrity that we had under  Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions and Sean Spicer ... but it is true.

Archived