Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, I can understand why you feel that way.  But because she lost, I have to keep in mind she might of still lost even if Obama got involved.  That changes everything, that goes from democrats not accepting the results, like they talk about to the democrats trying to steal the election and failing.  The only thing more troubling then seeing fox and  cnn next to each other at the gym is knowing more people watch fox then cnn.

Then let him win. He was the President of the United States. His job isn’t about letting Hillary win or lose. (Which is the problem with our politicians. Polls and elections are more important than governance.)

We’re less than 1 week away from “nothing wrong with quid pro quo”. We’re already at “nothing wrong with seeking foreign election interference”. 

Ultimately, this is a test of the American people and their tolerance for pure, unadulterated corruption in the worst form we’ve ever seen from a sitting President. The GOP and it’s cult members are beyond redemption at this point. In any normal country, Trump would have resigned last week.

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Then let him win. He was the President of the United States. His job isn’t about letting Hillary win or lose. (Which is the problem with our politicians. Polls and elections are more important than governance.)

I get what you trying to say, overall running the government should be more important the elections. But when he went to McConnell about it, he told him to kick rocks, so this bigger then him not doing enough, the GOP flat out ignored it because they didnt want it to cost Trump the election. 

These two parties arent playing by the same rules, so even though it should be as simple as government over politics, its unrealistic to take that straightline approach right now.  I dont think its fair to say Obama didnt do enough when GOP flat out ignored it and did nothing.

This is jus my opinion, but i vehemently disagreed with Obamas bipartisanship approach after it was obvious it wasnt working.  But he did that to say he tried , now we can say we dont have to anymore, right now it doesnt work.  We should still try, but not blindly and idealisticly like Biden is suggesting.

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

We’re less than 1 week away from “nothing wrong with quid pro quo”. We’re already at “nothing wrong with seeking foreign election interference”. 

Ultimately, this is a test of the American people and their tolerance for pure, unadulterated corruption in the worst form we’ve ever seen from a sitting President. The GOP and it’s cult members are beyond redemption at this point. In any normal country, Trump would have resigned last week.

That's why I have no faith in any of Trump's corruption suffering any heavy consequences. I was watching the movie Seven the other day and a line from Morgan Freeman's character always stuck with me about the lackadaisical nature of this country.

"You want to be a champion. Well, let me tell you. People don't want a champion. They want to eat cheeseburgers, play the lotto and watch television."

Until they show me otherwise that's kind of where I am with Americans right now. These days people don't care unless a catastrophe hits their wallet.  If it's a gun massacre or something of that nature they'll care for a 1-2 week news cycle and then after that it's back to business as usual. That's why these politicians know they can wait it out and not do anything. Republicans are going to try to slow walk and stonewall this latest scandal as much as they can so eventually Americans forget and it'll probably work because honestly this country has the memory span of a goldfish. 

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I get what you trying to say, overall running the government should be more important the elections. But when he went to McConnell about it, he told him to kick rocks, so this bigger then him not doing enough, the GOP flat out ignored it because they didnt want it to cost Trump the election

That’s the moment you need to rise above it and be President.

If we make it out of this, McConnell and the GOP will look like the nutjobs they deserve but Obama is going to have a lot of dirt on his hands.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If we make it out of this, McConnell and the GOP will look like the nutjobs they deserve but Obama is going to have a lot of dirt on his hands.

He already does, over more than just this. No one has paid attention because the 2016 election sucked all of the air outta everyone's brain, no matter what side they're on. 

I'm STILL in shock. 😳

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I mean done what?  The first thing anyone would've said was prove it.  It took Mueler two years to finish his report, I get that you feel that way, but he had intelligence community with DHS put out a statement what Russia was doing, did he need to do a press conference with Q&A before investigating or proving the Trump campaigns involvement? 

He reached out to every state to keep their election systems on guard because of Russia, should he have made a televised evening speech?  Entire governments collapse or go to civil war because of not trusting the election system, it was a judgement call to say something while trying not to cause a panic.

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean done what?  The first thing anyone would've said was prove it.  It took Mueler two years to finish his report, I get that you feel that way, but he had intelligence community with DHS put out a statement what Russia was doing, did he need to do a press conference with Q&A before investigating or proving the Trump campaigns involvement? 

He reached out to every state to keep their election systems on guard because of Russia, should he have made a televised evening speech?  Entire governments collapse or go to civil war because of not trusting the election system, it was a judgement call to say something while trying not to cause a panic.

Just say Donald Trump is working with the Russians.

And this is tangential, but the winning GOP Presidential candidate has done something like this every election since Nixon. 

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Trump Supporters: He didn't say that.

Trump: Not only did I say it, I have every right to say it, in fact I will repeat it on the White House lawn oh and then throw in China as well!

Trump Supporters: but her emails

At this rate, Trump is going to be caught on video shaking the Ukrainian president down in person, but Fox will say that because the video is not provided in 4K that it is inconclusive. 

I think he'll shoot Biden on 5th Avenue.

50 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Just say Donald Trump is working with the Russians.

Without opening an investigation or proving it first?  I would've agreed with maybe being more vocal on Russians interfering in the election, but going for the jugular without enough to back it up definetly would've backfired.

50 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And this is tangential, but the winning GOP Presidential candidate has done something like this every election since Nixon. 

Huh?  I dont remember Bush saying Gore or Kerry were working with the Russians to interfere in the election.  Or are you talking about something else?

Archived