Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Its not Obama's fault the country was influenced by some dumb internet memes and fake news on social media. (actual fake news from fictional people, describing fictional events)

He did kick out the Russian diplomats and enact some sanctions that Trump didnt enforce.

Remember Trump's the one who's perpetuated the Russia story from the start turning Putin into a GOP hero.

3 hours ago, Chachie said:

I'm confused. So calling on foreign assistance in our elections is only illegal if you promise or withhold favors??? 

I guess I can start robbing banks now as long as I use a bullhorn to notify everyone while I'm at it.

Granted, I was pointing a gun at the teller when I told him to give me the money. But I never actually spoke the words "I will kill you if you don't". 

Look, this transcript that I wrote myself does not have me speaking those exact words. 

Therefore prosecuting me for bank bank robbery is clearly an attack on the rule of law. One which also justifies me telling the witnesses from the bank not to say anything about it, if they know what's good for them. 

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Jesus.  I think that Obama should have come out and said the Russians were using cyberterrorism and and propaganda to get Trump elected.  Might have saved us all from this bull****.

I disagree. Not with the sentiment, but with how you seem to think it would have played out. 

there’s an element to the current situation that a percentage of people see this as a witch hunt. 

but I don’t think that percentage is 100% of republicans. I don’t know what it is but it isn’t 100%. Let’s call it X%. 

i believe If this, whatever this is, started with obama doing that... we’d have Y% of Republicans firmly believing it’s all a witch hunt. And I believe Y would be much bigger than X. And I think Y would be pretty close to 100% ( but not 100%)

I think Obama staying out of it has made the issue easier to deal with and gives us a better chance that it’ll be resolved in a good way (impeachment, losing reelection, whatever)

just a feeling though. 

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bet stupid ****ing republicans still think the treasonous mother****er didn't collude with the Russians.

Yeah so, been seeing comments for weeks like this and it sort of cracks me up. Not picking on you, just the post that was there when I had time to say something. 

there was a breaking point, probably happened a minimum of 5 months ago but we could argue over when it doesn’t really matter the point is it was a while ago, and after that breaking point anyone that was going to change their minds on Trump or the situation... had changed their minds. Anyone who hadn’t.... wasn’t going to. 

the people that defended trump 3 weeks ago, are going to defend him 6 months from now, and nothing can happen between now and then to change that. The people who still worked with/for him 3 weeks ago, will do so 6 months from now. 

whatever remains of the trump supporters, is here to stay. Like racists or sexists they will never change their thinking or their ways (except to try to mask them, maybe). They’re here to stay. They will die off one day, but otherwise there here to stay and vote. And be whatever it is they are. 

so maybe stop being surprised that people still support him after whatever dumb **** he says tomorrow. Or next week. Or whatever. 

Oh the exception to the above are the large amounts of current supporters and enablers that will say they’ve changed their mind once their political calculus tells them their career is over if they can’t convince us they changed their minds

but we’ll know them as the frauds they are. They don’t count as it pertains to my post above. 

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

I disagree. Not with the sentiment, but with how you seem to think it would have played out. 

there’s an element to the current situation that a percentage of people see this as a witch hunt. 

but I don’t think that percentage is 100% of republicans. I don’t know what it is but it isn’t 100%. Let’s call it X%. 

i believe If this, whatever this is, started with obama doing that... we’d have Y% of Republicans firmly believing it’s all a witch hunt. And I believe Y would be much bigger than X. And I think Y would be pretty close to 100% ( but not 100%)

I think Obama staying out of it has made the issue easier to deal with and gives us a better chance that it’ll be resolved in a good way (impeachment, losing reelection, whatever)

just a feeling though. 

I do agree with you, and @Renegade7.  I think that Obama not claiming the Russian angle was probably the correct move at the time.

Im just really frustrated with this whole situation because Democrats are seriously lacking in the ability to combat Trump and conservatives barrages of falsehoods that plague our society.

I wish that we could have had this guy, Obama, come out and say that Trump was a dirty mother****er and our enemies are helping him and make him instantly unelectable... but that’s probably a pipe dream.

What we're seeing now is the real life version of when Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it. Trump has always believed he was above the law. The idiots are trying their best to convince him he's right which of course will mean he will go further and further. 

Every time he steps beyond what used to be the line he doesn't stop to think he just prepares to take another step.

Archived