Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Do you think the President using military aid as leverage in getting a foreign leader to investigate a political rival is ok? So can we all agree that's an abuse of power?

The President of the Ukraine said that didn't happen.

"Schiff knew we were obstructing justice when he accused us of obstructing justice."  

1 minute ago, ThinSkin said:

The President of the United States said it did.  

People are assholes. It’s really amazing how someone can know themself to be a shameless hypocrite and stomach it. 

GOP (lying):  This investigation is a  witchhunt! Abuse of power! Politically motivated!!

<Trump admits to  asking for an investigation into his political opponent>

GOP: And?

9 minutes ago, ThinSkin said:

It’s not like we have a partial transcript of the call for everyone to read that clearly shows solicitation of foreign aide in elections right after the Ukrainian President requests military aide. And then a gloriously inept attempt to cover it all up once people around President doofus realized what happened. 

I’m sure the WH freezing military aide for this one country, which is an admitted fact by all parties, had nothing to do with Rudy spending the last several months pressuring Ukrainians to open bogus investigations to aide Trump’s re-election efforts. Totally separate unrelated coincidences that out of all the countries that receive US foreign aide, this WH decided to block aide to the one that was consistently being asked to aide Trump’s re-election efforts.

Suspend all critical thinking, ignore everything in front of you, and this is totally a coup. Or just see right in front of you that you’ve tied your policy goals to a ticking time bomb of corruption and cut bait and put in some generic Republican who will still be a raging bigot, but without the narcissism, whining, meltdowns and creeping authoritarianism.

Cult gonna cult. 

11 minutes ago, ThinSkin said:

That wasn’t the question. Let’s try this instead… 

Would you agree that somebody who gets all of their information from sources that they know are going to tell them what they want to hear based on preconceived biases is uninterested in facts and that therefore, their opinion is completely irrelevant?

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That wasn’t the question. Let’s try this instead… 

Would you agree that somebody who gets all of their information from sources that they know are going to tell them what they want to hear based on preconceived biases is uninterested in facts and that therefore, their opinion is completely irrelevant?

Same question to you friend.

Just now, ThinSkin said:

Same question to you friend.

Yes. I would say that.

Next question... don't you think that if someone or some group is telling you "you can only believe me", that should raise some red flags? Especially when there is a long history of despots and demagogues using the playbook of telling people that you can't believe the free press but can believe the "news" that you know is going to tell you that our side is right 100% of the time, that you can't trust scientists and any other experts who have dedicated their lives to mastering their field (if they disagree with us), that you can't trust American institutions like the FBI or military (when they disagree with us)... but you can always trust us and please don't pay any attention to how what we're telling you is exactly what benefits the lobbyists who just gave me this fat stack of cash that I'm waving in front of your face?

If that person or group has been caught in endless lies upon lies, shouldn't that raise some additional concerns?

13 minutes ago, ThinSkin said:

Is a NY Post article satisfactory to everyone?

Ex-Ukraine prosecutor claims he was told to back off Biden-linked firm probe: report

https://nypost.com/2019/10/02/ex-ukraine-prosecutor-claims-he-was-told-to-back-off-biden-linked-firm-probe-report/

LOL at using the post as a source of anything other than tabloid gossip.

11 minutes ago, twa said:

Times, man no wonder wingers have no idea of the truth.

7 minutes ago, Skintime said:

LOL at using the post as a source of anything other than tabloid gossip.

I read the article... The NY Post says Rudy Giuliani says Shokin says.... I know that all three of those sources are highly suspect and two are incredibly partisan and that their story can't be reconciled with actual evidence but its what I want to hear so it must be true.

Not like any of this matters. We're all ****ed.

NY Post: Newly discovered planet could destroy Earth any day now

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I read the article...

The NY Post says Rudy Giuliani says Shokin says....

We're all ****ed!!!

NY Post: Newly discovered planet could destroy Earth any day now

It is amazing what wingers or trumpers think is news. Though it helps me understand why they fall for the special line of BS he gives them. Man, we just don't need that while trying to keep the country from totally being destroyed. WTF

44 minutes ago, ThinSkin said:

Is a NY Post article satisfactory to everyone?

Ex-Ukraine prosecutor claims he was told to back off Biden-linked firm probe: report

https://nypost.com/2019/10/02/ex-ukraine-prosecutor-claims-he-was-told-to-back-off-biden-linked-firm-probe-report/

You don't actually think anyone cares about Joe Biden's son do you? 

Telling ya'll to just ignore the stories that are perpetuated by the media. Including this current one. That's not a statement on Trump's innocence or guilt, just saying at the end of the day we're talking about a whistleblower complaint against Donald Trump and I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they're ****ing drowning in whistleblower complaints in Washington right now. Its so convoluted, I doubt they even know where to send em anymore, Macguire's been Intelligence Director for like 3 months. 

Trump wants this **** in the news so his sycophants can now investigate the Biden's or whatever Trump wants.  Its just one scandal after the next, it doesn't matter what the scandal is. No such thing as bad press for President Tabloid.

Someone has to beat him in 2020. That's it. 

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Going to aides and the aides pointing out procedure/process doesn't rise to the level of discussing the topic.

This whistleblower couldn't figure out the process w/o help is probably not the best spin, 

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Could would be looking at President Pelosi?

I've long thought the reason that the Republicans have stomached Trump was that they knew Pence was just as dirty and that if they got rid of Trump Pence would have to fall, too.

28 minutes ago, twa said:

This whistleblower couldn't figure out the process w/o help is probably not the best spin, 

How about "couldn't figure out who to report to that Trump's co-conspirators wouldn't hide the information"?  That work better for you?  

Archived