Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

4 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Yeah. AGs usually trot around the world chasing down conspiracy theories started by cut rate goon sites.

At this point I’m surprised Trump hasn’t mentioned Carmen Sandiego in a tweet. He’s a ****ing moron.

Carmen is too far above his thinking skills. More like Dora the Explorer.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres nothing good that can come from that...but not enough to keep him power

Nope. It'll be up to the GOP. How far are they willing to take this? If they decide to back his bull****, you know it's a 100% chance his supporters will. Are they willing to take the political hit to save America from autocratic rule? Do they even want to? Nothing I've seen in the last decade gives me a whole lot of hope.

1 hour ago, Skintime said:

Carmen is too far above his thinking skills. More like Dora the Explorer.

Ever have a clever and biting comment that someone deserves to have made about them, but realize that in doing so you'd also be making light of a serious issue and may be deemed too insensitive?

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Ever have a clever and biting comment that someone deserves to have made about them, but realize that in doing so you'd also be making light of a serious issue and may be deemed too insensitive?

? I'm very interested in what serious issues that you think trump has other than being a traitor, and a self-absorbed ass?

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Maybe that’s when Putin was on the phone with them....

It was all the pauses in which Donald Trump was carefully thinking before speaking.  

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Yeah, but more voters supported not electing him in the first place, too.  

59 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The Republican party has some serious demons. This dude said he did it, and they dont believe he did it! Thats a level of ****ery I actually didnt think we would see. 

Not surprising tbh. Not surprising at all. No one that still has a functioning neocortex will be voting GOP for the foreseeable future. The widening education gap between the bases of both parties reflects this reality.

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nope. It'll be up to the GOP. How far are they willing to take this? If they decide to back his bull****, you know it's a 100% chance his supporters will. Are they willing to take the political hit to save America from autocratic rule? Do they even want to? Nothing I've seen in the last decade gives me a whole lot of hope.

I'm not buying everyone will get in line for authoritarian rule. 

We assumed the Executive Branch was fully compromised, but the state department is proving its jus the people in charge of the agencies that have been replaced with stooges.  The IGs and career agency folks are revolting in real time.

The polls show GOP support for impeachment is growing sharply since the inquiry was announced, and I found this piece interesting on your point in your post

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-impeachment-ukraine/index.html

On the GOP side, the public is about evenly split over whether their opposition to impeaching Trump is more because they are out to protect the President at all costs (42%) or because they believe he has not committed impeachable offenses (43%). That's a closer divide than on public perceptions of Democratic handling of Clinton; 51% thought House Democrats were out to protect Clinton at all costs.

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Weakened the United States too. Gotta give it to that Putin. He's the modern day Machiavelli.

I mean, this dude had a long term plan and has surely executed it beyond even his wildest dreams.  He installed a stooge into the presidency and sat back and watched the mayhem unfold.  He cant be anything but pleased with his handiwork.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I mean, this dude had a long term plan and has surely executed it beyond even his wildest dreams.  He installed a stooge into the presidency and sat back and watched the mayhem unfold.  He cant be anything but pleased with his handiwork.

Eh, I'm not at all sure Putin even expected Trump to get elected.  Certainly not back before the primaries.  

If I were betting, I would say that his expected result was a weaker Hillary and a hostile congress which would immediate;y begin "investogating" her.  I'd say that "President Trump" was a case of an op that succeeded more than he expected.  

Of course, being the person he is, he's not going to turn down the ace he drew.  

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Not so much an issue Trump has, but an issue Trump caused that is harming very real people.

You'll have to be more specific.  

Archived