Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

And the whistleblower and the ambassador and the other witnesses and the Democrats and the media and our intelligence agencies and .....

Tis paranoia only if they are all NOT trying to get you. 🕵️‍♀️

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Sounds like the Republicans are going for the whole fruit of the poisonous tree defense.

Figuring if they can discredit the whistleblower they can discredit the whole phone call.

Well, as we all know, the constitution clearly states that you cannot impeach a President if the original reason you began investigating doesn't get proven to be true.  

1 hour ago, twa said:

From my reading of the right tis the process they think to discredit.

Which is a standard tactic of a defence lawyer when they know they have no chance arguing the substance of the allegations. Well that and seek to discredit the witnesses.

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Ok I'm confused,  what does "calling the Bidens" mean and how is it a fracture of the party?

Couldn't that just mean their calling them to continue their ludicrous defense of trump that it was all about corruption?

Well, part of the problem would be that Hunter Biden could have zero insight into Trump's actions. So, even if all the evidence pointed to the younger Biden doing nothing wrong and the Republicans still wanted to investigate his actions (ala Benghazi) it really ought to be a separate investigation separate from the Impeachment inquiry. Hunter Biden could answer no questions when it came to Trump's actions.

I think the pushback indicates that some Republicans don't want to make the Inquiry an act of obfuscation and misdirection. The other side might be, they don't want Hunter Biden up there because as an off stage character they can continue whispering inferences and suggest that Hunter was up to no good. If they put him to the question and he comes off well and everyone gets to hear that, then that argument weakens tremendously.

13 hours ago, visionary said:

Just an incredibly irresponsible statement from Paul. The Press Pool needs a couple of hecklers who can respond to these assholes.

Hey Rand, when did you lose your ****ing spine? You're on record supporting the importance of the whistleblower process & supporting the right to keep their identities unknown. Let me show you since you seem to have abandoned your ****ing principles asshole. Remember that oath you took to uphold the Constitution? When was the last time you beat your wife - we don't know unless we ask?

Calling the Biden's during the Senate hearings would just be another case of trolling.  Something Trump supporters live for.  It would be a waste of time, produce absolutely nothing that they think/want it too, but definitely disrupt the process, stonewall procedures, and anger "the libs" so in the mind of a Trump supporter it would be awesome.  That fact that a stunt like that is even being considered will be a good barometer as to how much the Trumpenstein portion of the GOP are running things behind closed doors.  I'm sure guys like Gym Jordan, Matt Gaetz, hell even Rand Paul are all for it. 

On the topic of Polls that propose, "Impeach & Remove" vs "Impeach, but do not remove"   The "Remove" part is irrelevant to the equation at the present time because the entire point of the impeachment is get the process rolling which leads to the trial in the senate. It is kind of disingenuous to be asking people before any sort of public trial has begun, if you believe the President is guilty and should be removed.   The Impeach and Remove process is not one action.  The Remove part doesn't happen when Impeachment happens.  

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

True but it does tell you that 43% of people Fox News polled have already seen enough evidence to warrant removal. 

Right, true on that point, which is funny to me that right-wing radio is even bothering trying to combine the "impeach & but don't remove" with "No" (to either) to make the results say something they aren't saying, considering that the numbers are still trending towards "Impeach & remove" with each passing day as more and more information comes out and is shown to be harder to spin. 

Either way I don't see how the Fox News Poll can be looked at in any other way than troubling, if you are Trump. 

40 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

True but it does tell you that 43% of people Fox News polled have already seen enough evidence to warrant removal. 

I mean, it tells you that 43% of people want him out.  Whether that is based on the evidence in the Ukraine matter is less clear. 

16 hours ago, twa said:

From my reading of the right tis the process they think to discredit.

EIqzI8YXkAcuLpf.jpg

14 hours ago, twa said:

What will be the response here if Schiff is called as first witness in a Senate Trump impeachment trial?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Either way I don't see how the Fox News Poll can be looked at in any other way than troubling, if you are Trump. 

fake-poles-fall.jpg

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s been used before

Wasnt that Clinton’s excuse for the emails? Something about too many phones and not understanding email 

Yeah but the difference is that she really was a technophobe where as Trump’s motivations were actually sinister.

And because we have to reference things like this all the time nowadays, throwing out a reminder that I am no Hillary fan.

27 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah but the difference is that she really was a technophobe where as Trump’s motivations were actually sinister.

And because we have to reference things like this all the time nowadays, throwing out a reminder that I am no Hillary fan.

I dunno. I think if they wanted to, they could make a pretty good case that Trump is actually quite stupid and incompetent and had no idea that what he was doing was wrong. Two problems with that:

1) Trump's ego would never allow it, even if he had 1,000,000,000 years of prison time hanging over his head. If they tried that defense in the Senate he'd come out literally an hour later with a tweet saying "I DID IT ALL, AND I DID IT FOR SINISTER MOTIVES BECAUSE I AM AN EVIL GENIUS!"

2) It would also mean Republicans would have to openly admit, and aggressively argue, that Trump is so incompetent that he's completely unfit for office, which basically opens up an entirely new can of worms.

I saw they handed a bunch of "Read the Transcript" shirts at a Trump Rally.  Dems should counter with "Release the transcript" shirts.  Seriously though, I keep hearing the term "transcript" used in the media, when the actual full transcript has never been released.  Anyone doing an interview that uses the term transcript in reference to what Trump released should be stopped right then and there and pressed to acknowledge that the full transcript has not been released.  It should be a non-starter to not demand this is agreed upon before moving forward.

Archived