Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Holy crap. If you think that of Tribe, what in the world do you think Lindsey Graham should do?

Lindsey a elected official , so I guess represent his constituents?

Tribe is a political hack.

BTW, Rudy, 

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if you were acting as Trump's defense lawyer, then you're not covered by executive privelege.  And any conversations you had with anyone other than Trump isn't covered by attorney-client.  

36 minutes ago, twa said:

Lindsey a elected official , so I guess represent his constituents?

Tribe is a political hack.

C'mon. Graham has said some things that can come from nobody but a political hack. He's an elected official who may very well be a juror on an impeachment trial and he's already saying he refuses to read witness transcripts because he thinks everything against Trump is "BS". Who just recently implied that a Trump political appointee who donated $1,000,000 to Trump's inaugural committee is in cahoots with the Democrats. I don't think Lindsey is representing anyone other than himself and the jar where he keeps the jelly that was once his spine. 

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

C'mon. Graham has said some things that can come from nobody but a political hack. He's an elected official who may very well be a juror on an impeachment trial and he's already saying he refuses to read witness transcripts because he thinks everything against Trump is "BS". Who just recently implied that a Trump political appointee who donated $1,000,000 to Trump's inaugural committee is in cahoots with the Democrats. I don't think Lindsey is representing anyone other than himself and the jar where he keeps the jelly that was once his spine. 

Nope.  

He represents the Republican Party.  Above anything else.  (Including his own soul.)  

Nikky Haley working hard on that 2020 VP spot should Pence go bye-bye.

Also, LOL at Barr telling Trump, "nah, I'm good" on that press conference suggestion. Barr may be a soulless hack of an AG, but he isn't dumb.  Maybe he will be fired and next up will be AG......Matt Gaetz!

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Also, LOL at Barr telling Trump, "nah, I'm good" on that press conference suggestion. Barr may be a soulless hack of an AG, but he isn't dumb.  Maybe he will be fired and next up will be AG......Matt Gaetz!

I think it also shows how bad Barr probably knows this is. He was perfectly willing to go out and hold a news conference to publicly spin the hell out of the results of the Mueller report before it came out, so we know he didn't refuse to do this on principle. He's quite aware of how bad it could be for him to get publicly entangled in this mess and refused to put himself out there as the vanguard. He's keeping himself in the shadows right now. He's actually in a good spot at the moment: he stays in Trump's good graces by keeping up this illusion that there's some huge conspiracy that he's uncovering with his investigation into the investigators, and at the same time he keeps a low profile and stays out of the impeachment that Trump has bumbled his way into. 

The trade soon became explicit. They were approached in September by Mr. Sondland, a major donor to Mr. Trump’s inauguration who had been appointed ambassador to the European Union despite having no diplomatic experience. At that point, he explained in blunt terms to Mr. Zelensky and Mr. Yermak, there was little chance the aid would be forthcoming until they made the public statement on the investigations.

“I said that resumption of the U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,” Mr. Sondland said in sworn testimony released Tuesday by the House committees leading the impeachment inquiry.

Republicans know this and they're still carrying water for Trump. What a bunch of traitorous cowards.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Could we finally be seeing a rift between them?  

Trump gets tired of almost all his people at some point.  Though Munchkin and Mullberry are still there.  Sleepy and Token too.

I doubt it. Barr is smart; he knows perfectly well that there's nothing criminal there in this "investigate the investigators" thing but he also knows very well that it will keep him "busy", in Trump's good graces, and at the same time out of the impeachment mess. I doubt it's a 100% coincidence that it suddenly became a criminal investigation right around the time this impeachment stuff got rolling. Trump is happy enough to have an AG who is at least making a show of casting doubt on the Russia investigation that he'll keep him around and give him a relatively long leash. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43km9n/bolton-just-ghosted-on-his-impeachment-hearing

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton didn’t show up for his scheduled 9 a.m. deposition to the House’s impeachment investigation Thursday morning, apparently leaving the inquiry without a key witness who could have provided a firsthand account of exactly what went down in Ukraine — and what President Donald Trump knew.

Bolton had raised internal alarms over what he called a “drug deal” in Ukraine, according to other Trump administration officials who have testified, and given his position would have had a direct line to Trump.

It's crazy how they just refuse to show up and nothing happens.

I really don't get the "I will voluntarily show up.......if subpoena'd" attitude, but if that is the case, and the Dems knew it, why  not have the subpoena ready to go in advance in the event Bolton doesn't show up when scheduled?

Either way I am willing to bet the GOP, behind closed-doors, has conceded that Trump is absolutely guilty of everything the whistle blower said.  I think they are just stonewalling until they come up with a strategy they think can prevent having to remove Trump from office.  So far all they have come up with is, "Yeah he did it, so what?" and they will likely try to paint what Trump did as "normal negotiations between two leaders, that is mutually beneficial to both countries" which of course we know is nonsense because this was not something to help America, instead it was to help Trump's 2020 campaign.  Unfortunately there is going to be the 40% of Americans who either outright don't care what Trump does period, or they will just buy into and parrot the nonsense defense of his actions.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I really don't get the "I will voluntarily show up.......if subpoena'd" attitude, but if that is the case, and the Dems knew it, why  not have the subpoena ready to go in advance in the event Bolton doesn't show up when scheduled?

I think it gives the person cover later. They can claim that they didn't necessarily want to testify but that they also didn't want to be found in contempt of Congress and had to comply. CYA.

As far as why the Dems didn't have a subpoena ready, I'm not sure...that would make sense. I'm assuming they'll have one coming soon. No way they can pass up on that; Bolton basically said "yep, I'll talk".

11 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I mean, I dont know, you gotta be pretty dumb to see this dumpster fire of an administration with folks resigning left and right, folks getting indicted, just generally controversy at every turn, and run by an imbecile and think to yourself, "yeah, I want in on that!"  

32 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I mean, I dont know, you gotta be pretty dumb to see this dumpster fire of an administration with folks resigning left and right, folks getting indicted, just generally controversy at every turn, and run by an imbecile and think to yourself, "yeah, I want in on that!"  

Yeah I have to admit it's something I've found perplexing as well. With many of the numbnuts Trump gets they'd never be hired by any other admin so they jump at the chance to get in on the grift. But people like Bolton and Barr I found odd. I disagree with most of their views but I don't really doubt that they're both intelligent people. Though Bolton makes a bit of sense since he probably figured he could manipulate Trump into starting a war with Iran.

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

They did for Bill Taylor.  I've been reading through the transcripts of his testimony, and he mentions that a subpoena was given to him on the morning he was supposed to appear.

Part of me wonders if Trump is just a buffoon who doesn't understand anything about how laws work and honestly felt that the "powers of The President" enabled him to do all this stuff, like it was just something Presidents do.  The problem is there seems to have been plenty of people around him in a constant state of WTF, but they either were just going along with him out of fear of retribution, or to keep job security for their career aspirations, or the worst option, they also don't really give two ****'s about our institutions either. 

Archived