Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Remember how we all defiantly called this investigation out as bull **** because there was no quid pro quo despite the White House's own transcript intimating quid pro quo? Well, we've had some time to think about it and there's absolutely nothing wrong with quid pro quo! And those ****ing Founding Fathers had no clue what they were talking about in regards to impeachable offenses!

Just now, NoCalMike said:

So Graham started with denial, then pivoted to excuse-making, and now that the evidence is so overwhelming and written in plain English, his new response is to just ignore everything outright? 

Video is from Sep 25th.

Although if you asked him today, the goalposts will have surely moved. 

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Video is from Sep 25th.

Although if you asked him today, the goalposts will have surely moved. 

Yeah, but Graham just said he won't even read Sondland's revision to his testimony. Probably because he heard what is in it.

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Waiting for one of these witnesses to name Graham as someone who knew about this the whole time, etc etc.

Remember how the T-1000 could take people's appearances?

I feel like that's what Trump had done to Lindsay, just replaced him with an unfeeling yesman.

His only directive, kill John Connor*.

*in this metaphor the investigation/impeachment is John Connor

So is this constant push to out the Whistleblower's identity purely about witness intimidation, as far as other potential whistleblowers possibly coming forward?  Otherwise I am not sure why it even matters or what it would accomplish considering everything the whistleblower has claimed to have happened, has been confirmed by multiple other witnesses.  

Of course I suppose for all the Fox News crowd, they have no idea any of this has been confirmed by other witnesses and they are still under the false assumption that the whistleblower testimony is all that has been said.

26 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So is this constant push to out the Whistleblower's identity purely about witness intimidation, as far as other potential whistleblowers possibly coming forward?  Otherwise I am not sure why it even matters or what it would accomplish considering everything the whistleblower has claimed to have happened, has been confirmed by multiple other witnesses.  

Allow all kinds of "revelations" that will give Trumpers an excuse to ignore the facts.  

Look, he used to be registered as a Democrat!

He once said something bad about Trump on social media!  

46 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Of course I suppose for all the Fox News crowd, they have no idea any of this has been confirmed by other witnesses and they are still under the false assumption that the whistleblower testimony is all that has been said.

When the facts are all against you the best strategy is "attack the messenger" It doesn't really matter if the message is true what matters is that you make people hate the speaker. Republicans have been using this strategy A LOT in recent years.

The focus on the whistleblower is just a distraction mechanism. The Rs KNOW how damning all of this stuff coming out every day is, and they KNOW that they really can't defend it on its merits or substance so they have to do something. So far that has included screaming about the process, storming a secure facility to eat pizza and take selfies, and yelling about how the whistleblower needs to testify. Oh, and every once in a while still saying "no quid pro quo", but that one's going down the ****ter faster than last nights Taco Bell dinner so that'll have to be updated soon.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

When the facts are all against you the best strategy is "attack the messenger" It doesn't really matter if the message is true what matters is that you make people hate the speaker. Republicans have been using this strategy A LOT in recent years.

the whistleblower is largely irrelevant at this point anyway

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Yep. When a dozen people confirm the whistleblower's account then that person becomes less important. That said, nothing will attack them from attacking the messenger because it's all they got. I mean look how long they stretched Benghazi out despite every hyper-partisan witch hunt (and those were actual admitted witch hunts) showed there was no wrongdoing.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Yep, pretty much. Sort of like a guy having people tell him the details they know about a robbery that happened recently. The person calls the cops and reports what he was told. The cops find multiple first hand witnesses to the robbery who's statements under questioning all line up. Don't really need much more from the dude who originally made the call. 

34 minutes ago, visionary said:

Jesus Christ, Rand Paul is going full on Alex Jones at this point. He's basically channeling the super right wing who are saying that everyone coming out and testifying against Trump now was somehow involved with Burisma. They even tried it with Bill Taylor...Mark Levin did some crazy thing on his show where he managed to find "ties" Taylor had to Burisma but it was something like 5 degrees of separation. lol. He knew a guy who was partners with another guy who used to work with a guy who was an investor in another guy's business who had a friend who worked for Burisma. It was posted on Breitbart and the comments were all basically like "YEAH! CHECKMATE, LIBTARDS! THIS DUDE IS AS CORRUPT AS THEY COME!!" (but they were full on serious). 

Add: I also love Lindsey's "I'm just going to sulk and take my ball and go home" strategy now. 

40 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Sounds like the Republicans are going for the whole fruit of the poisonous tree defense.

Figuring if they can discredit the whistleblower they can discredit the whole phone call.

From my reading of the right tis the process they think to discredit.

Archived