Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

There will be more and more impeachment articles come out. Pelosi played this perfectly, letting Trump hang himself with his own words, then incorporating evidence gathered by the Mueller investigation. The timing couldn't have been better. 

My neighbor from Vermont has been wondering why it was taking so long and was so critical of the House. Having lived near D.C. for so long, I told her that anything happening in Congress takes so long. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Stupid people, it's the ask not the result. 

C'mon, now.  We both know that, if we allow angry Democrats to redefine our lows, then before you know it, we'll be prosecuting bank robbers who didn't actually leave the bank with any money, and drug dealers who didn't actually buy any drugs (because the person they bought them from was a cop).  

Everyone thought Pelosi was scared to hold impeachment hearings, but the way things are playing out, she was the intelligent one all along.  She wanted to wait until the information was churning, and the tide had turned on public opinion.  We haven't even had public hearings yet and the support for impeachment (and removal) has already flipped to the majority, albeit narrowly. 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

If the evidence was important to R's in congress, they would have impeached him three years ago.  

What they're looking at, are the poll numbers.  

The problem, the flaw in the system, isn't that Skippy the Turtle is ignoring the evidence.  It's that Fred the voter is.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

How the hell does that marriage work?

How do you spend your day trashing trump and his minions and then go home and just shut it off?

Its crazy.

It's either a scam to cash in on both the Pro-Trump and anti-Trump camp or KellyAnne is "anonymous" who trashes Trump and leaks internal crap all the time.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It's either a scam to cash in on both the Pro-Trump and anti-Trump camp or KellyAnne is "anonymous" who trashes Trump and leaks internal crap all the time.

Kelly Anne Conway is just just a shameless for-hire spinster.  Isn't much more to it then that.  Look at her history, she is willing to spin for whoever pays her.  Go google the things she said about Trump when she was working on Ted Cruz's campaign.  

Trump hired her specifically for her loyalty to the pay check.

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

That's exactly what my wife said.

She thinks Kelly Anne is the source of all the leaks.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Kelly Anne Conway is just just a shameless for-hire spinster.  Isn't much more to it then that.  Look at her history, she is willing to spin for whoever pays her.  Go google the things she said about Trump when she was working on Ted Cruz's campaign.  

Trump hired her specifically for her loyalty to the pay check.

Lots of news personalities have flat out said she’s a major leaker. So I could see either. 

But it I really think she’s shameless and will do anything for a dollar. That fits her personality. Like her going after that reporter the other day. She’s a **** and is tripping off the power. 

But it I guess it could be both. I doubt it tho. 

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Kelly Anne Conway is just just a shameless for-hire spinster. 

Yeah, she is Aaron eckhart from thank you for smoking. 

If you ever wanted to understand how she is so good at her spin technique all you have to do is watch that movie and you'll understand her perfectly 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Maybe it was  Trump spokesman, but I caught something similar, this morning.  

Somebody else was watching one of the Sunday morning talk shows, and I caught a piece.  And the person being interviewed said that the Senate has not passed a single spending bill for next year, because well, if the Democrats won't shut down this impeachment, . . . 

I was kinda stunned.  Couldn't figure out how it went from one topic to the other.  But the interviewer went from that statement to "Do you think there will be a shutdown?"  So I'm sure that "shutdown" was the context, not "impeachment".  

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Yeah, she is Aaron eckhart from thank you for smoking. 

If you ever wanted to understand how she is so good at her spin technique all you have to do is watch that movie and you'll understand her perfectly 

She is 100% a pure gun for hire. When she was with the Cruz campaign she railed against Trump for tons of the things she's defended him against since she changed teams. She has zero loyalty other than to whoever is paying her to spin for them. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets home and she and her husband go off on how awful Trump is. What I wonder is if George is basically just playing the foil and doing the dirty work for both of them while she plays the loyal spinster.

I kinda doubt she's a big leaker though because that would jeopardize her job and the money and power that comes from it is what she cares about. 

If that's not the case and she truly believes in Trump and he truly hates Trump as much as it seems then I have no clue how it works. I'd assume that they sleep in separate beds and barely say a word to each other. There'd simply be too much cognitive dissonance otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic