Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

That Dan guy seems to just throw crap at the wall. 

would be fun to get a trade done sooner than later tho. Gives us a chance to potentially move back up with our capital. 

Wonder if Chase could fall. Doubt it though. Would probably require Cinci to go Herbert, Miami Burrow and Detroit Tua. And then Gettleman would have to piss every Giants fan off and go Simmons or Becton over Chase. But I guess if you’re Washington and you are cool with Simmons Chase or Okudah or any of the OTs you could trade down with confidence 

I think everyone expected Simmons to blow up the combine.  I am definitely in the stay at 2nd camp as for my lean.  But if they trade down, I'd want Okudah or Simmons.  If they trade down to grab one of the LTs at #5, I'd hate it.  I'd want to use the 2nd 1st round pick on a tackle (assuming the deal is with Miami) or bring back Penn for now.  No way I'd embrace blowing off Young AND Simmons and Okudah.  

I think we will draft Young with the second pick, but it isn't lost on me that we don't have a second round pick. It wouldn't shock me if we traded back two or three spots and picked up a second rounder. If Young turns out to be Lawrence Taylor, it won't matter that we didn't have a second rounder but that isn't a sure bet. This team has lots of needs and guys like Simmons and (perhaps) Delpit would be nice to have.

Simmons speed means absolutely nothing to me. The ESPN simulcast shows him blowing past McCaffery, Michael Thomas and Russell Wilson and yet those guys are incredible NFL players.

Not to say Simmons can’t be a monster with that speed but it’s also not a guarantee. Controlled track speed is so much more different than football speed at the NFL level. 

Definitely intriguing 

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Simmons speed means absolutely nothing to me. The ESPN simulcast shows him blowing past McCaffery, Michael Thomas and Russell Wilson and yet those guys are incredible NFL players.

Not to say Simmons can’t be a monster with that speed but it’s also not a guarantee. Controlled track speed is so much more different than football speed.

Yet there are people that already have Chase Young in the hall of fame and people that have anointed Haskins as the franchise QB. 

But Simmons speed doesn’t matter.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yet there are people that already have Chase Young in the hall of fame and people that have anointed Haskins as the franchise QB. 

But Simmons speed doesn’t matter.

People shouldn’t anoint any college player before they come out and play in real games. College is so much weaker, which is why so many fail at the NFL level. 

1 minute ago, dyst said:

People shouldn’t anoint any college player before they come out and play in real games. College is so much weaker, which is why so many fail at the NFL level. 

This I agree with. But saying his speed doesn’t matter because he can still bust is kind of common sense, isn’t it? Anyone can bust.

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Not to say Simmons can’t be a monster with that speed but it’s also not a guarantee. Controlled track speed is so much more different than football speed at the NFL level. 

Definitely intriguing 

Watch his speed to power when rushing the passer. 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, volsmet said:

Foster, Collins, Young, Sweat, Payne, Allen, Settle, Kerrigan & Ion would give us a nice group ... if I could add Simmons from Clemson, I’m doing that as well. Simmons would be among my top 5 overall right now.

Tua

Young

Simmons

On 1/8/2020 at 5:55 PM, volsmet said:

Simmons > Derwin.

Who moves Simmons into their top 3? 

🤔

Just now, volsmet said:

Who moves Simmons into their top 3? 

🤔

I think he’s a better overall player than Young as far as total skill set. Young is more specialized, and he’s better at that skill set than Simmons is at any of his. Simmons/Young are the best defensive players in the draft.

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This I agree with. But saying his speed doesn’t matter because he can still bust is kind of common sense, isn’t it? Anyone can bust.

Of course but a fast 40 time means very little to me is all I am saying.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Of course but a fast 40 time means very little to me is all I am saying.

I urge you to watch the cut ups posted. He plays as fast as his 40 time indicates. He’s a very well rounded player. 

It would ease the pain of losing Young if the Redskins traded down to #5 and somehow ended up with Simmons as part of their haul.  Unfortunately, I don't know if he would make it past the Giants at #4 and neither do the Redskins.  So, I'm back to wanting the Redskins to take Young at #2.

#1 - Burrow

#2 - Tua

#3 - Young

#4 - Simmons

#5 - ?

My guess is the Giants would go for Okudah (their corners, outside of Jenkins, who they released, were god awful) or a tackle.  If they like more than one of the top tackles, maybe they trade back a bit.  But yes, no guarantee they don’t take Simmons.  

Personally, I wouldn’t be upset if we traded back to land a top tackle and a couple other guys.  Might not be my ideal, but I think we could still take a nice step forward as a team with that move.  I realize I’m in the minority with that view though, lol.  

Archived