Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Breeland is also coming back from a serious knee injury suffered in the middle of the season.  He is my favorite right end too because he's a beast of a run blocker, but it'd need to be in a mid round stash situation like with Bruce Love.

I was so disappointed when Breeland and MLB Dylan Moses went down,I looked forward to seeing their progress this year. He is still my favorite TE for this year. A mid round stash would be worth it but again doesn't do us any good in the coming year. I don't think the will do go that route. I could see them stick with Sprinkle, Hentges or Wilson and a decent FA starter.

Although only 6" 3" 240 I like Cincinnati's Josiah Deguara also as can do it all later round TE

19 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Like I do every year I will be breaking down my favorites in College football from every position during the next few months. I chose to start with the TE position this year as I see it as a major need for us. Unfortunately It appears to be a VERY weak class at TE. Here are my top ten TE's. I did a lot of Tackle tape at the same time as TE's. I should have them done sometime next week.

1) Jake Breeland, Oregon. 

Round 2

Great hands. Decent blocker. Has clean routes and gets decent separation. Questionable injury history. Vicious stiff arm. Above average athlete. Room to grow still raw. 

2) Albert Okweugbunam, Missouri

Round 2.

Dominate athlete. Struggles with inline blocking. YAC and deep threat. Stiff hips on change of direction occasionally. RAW. 

3) Colby Parkinson, Stanford 

Round 3-4 

Excellent blocker. Shows good route running and separation. RAW will need work at the next level. Big boom or bust guy. HUGE size and frame. 

4) Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt

Round 3-4

Down year after a great 2018. But not all his fault. Good route runner. Average blocker. Average athlete. Not a lot of room to grow. 

5) Brycen Hopkins, Perdue

Round 4

Excellent route runner and pass catcher. Below average blocker both inline and in space. Pure receiving threat. Not a ton of room to grow.

6)  Charlie Taumoepaeu, Portland State

Round 5-6

Pure receiving TE but has skills. Decent athlete. Will need tons of work at the next level. But solid upside in the future.

7) Adam Troutman, Dayton

Round 5-6

Great numbers this year 70 Receptions 916 yards. 14 TD's. Great hands. Limited route running and blocking. Big time project with a ton of upside. 

8  Jared Rice, Fresno State

Round 5-6

Great hands. Limited blocker. Shows flashes of being special. Needs a ton of work.

9) Hunter Bryant, Washington

Round 5-6

Undersized pass catching TE only. Worthless while blocking. Shows good routes and hands. Pure receiving threat.

10) Grant Calcutaterra, Oklahoma

Round 6-7

Undersized Pass catching threat with limited blocking ability. Projects better to H back. GREAT HANDS! 

Did you do reviews of Kittle, Kelce, Henry, Ertz, Hooper, etc when they came out? If so, how do the above guys compare to these pro TE's coming out of college? Just curious, if the current pros had the same attributes/concerns. If not, no sweat. Thanks in advance. 

5 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Did you do reviews of Kittle, Kelce, Henry, Ertz, Hooper, etc when they came out? If so, how do the above guys compare to these pro TE's coming out of college? Just curious, if the current pros had the same attributes/concerns. If not, no sweat. Thanks in advance. 

Yes. I would have done all of them. I do remember loving Ertz coming out He had blocking concerns as well. Kelce was injured coming out I believe. Kittle actually reminded me of Cooley. But he ended up being a much better player. I dont really remember the rest of them. Of course TE was an afterthought for me for years because we had Reed.  

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Burrow has 420 yards and SEVEN TD's in the first half?

Sweet breast feeding baby Jesus. Dude is unreal!

If the dude gets his act together second half, he could have a 1000 yard game!!! 😂

I think it's safe to say Chase is not going to be #1 overall over Burrow

2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

If the dude gets his act together second half, he could have a 1000 yard game!!! 😂

I think it's safe to say Chase is not going to be #1 overall over Burrow

No way in hell Cincy passes on him. A fantastic QB trumps a great pass rusher all day, every day.

6 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Burrow is the real deal.  Man, he can ball. Hail

I will point out, however, that he's had all day to throw the football.  OTOH, his IQ and accuracy are off the charts.  He's making it look easier than it actually is.  

If Cincinnati takes Chase, the Redskins either get a truck load of high draft picks for Burrow or draft him themselves.

49 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I will point out, however, that he's had all day to throw the football.  OTOH, his IQ and accuracy are off the charts.  He's making it look easier than it actually is.  

If Cincinnati takes Chase, the Redskins either get a truck load of high draft picks for Burrow or draft him themselves.

IQ....football acumen is the thing that people forget about when talking about Haskins. He doesn’t really have much. Got a big gun but doesn’t have a lot upstairs to go with it. Frankly, if Cincy has a brain fart and doesn’t draft JB we would finally have a shot at a legit game changer. 

Archived