Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

wow chase young looks absolutely pedestrian today - takes alot of plays off, stands around often, plays super lazy - I dont see the motor of a Watt or Kerrigan.  If this is really his effort level, I am all for trading down.

Yea! Who wants to draft an edge rusher that demands triple teams against the 2nd best team in all of college football?

2 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

wow chase young looks absolutely pedestrian today - takes alot of plays off, stands around often, plays super lazy - I dont see the motor of a Watt or Kerrigan.  If this is really his effort level, I am all for trading down.

It goes that way sometimes. They are game planning him very well so far. Cant judge the player on one game. Plus he has had an impact on their blocking scheme. Still a lot of game left too. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

It goes that way sometimes. They are game planning him very well so far. Cant judge the player on one game. Plus he has had an impact on their blocking scheme. Still a lot of game left too. 

Yep lets play it out, and I do see them chipping him some plays, but I have also seem him handled often 1v1.  I was just expecting more out of this so called generational talent

4 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Keep in mind, he is going against Trevor Lawrence, who will go number one in 2021.  IMO,  Chase Young looks good.  Seems quite unblockable.  

Young is having a substandard half.  He's been largely handled by #71 and just looks a step slow tonight.  The only good pressure he had was when 71 whiffed on a cut block.  But he can bounce back in the third quarter.  He's a great player.

Great quarterbacking always beats great defensive line play though.  There is only so much he can do when Lawrence dials in and starts making plays.

Malik Harrison and Jeff Okudah are having really good games though.  And their offense has been controlling the gameflow.  Holding that Clemson offense to 14 at the half is really good.

I just realized, the problem isn't dan snyder, it's not bruce Allen and it's not the drafting. 

Its me!!!!!

I've Never watched a college football game from start to finish in my life, but I decided I wanted to tonight to watch young and pull for ohio state.

They started strong, and then out of nowhere a combination of bad adjustments, injuries and officiating decisions have caused them to completely collapse. 

Does that sound like anybody we know?

Its official I'm a jinx.

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I just realized, the problem isn't dan snyder, it's not bruce Allen and it's not the drafting. 

Its me!!!!!

I've Never watched a college football game from start to finish in my life, but I decided I wanted to tonight to watch young and pull for ohio state.

They started strong, and then out of nowhere a combination of bad adjustments, injuries and officiating decisions have caused them to completely collapse. 

Does that sound like anybody we know?

Its official I'm a jinx.

As Redskins fans, we all feel jinxed. 

Gotta play thru it. 

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They got that call right upon review, it wasn't even really a tough call to get right.  Still a great play by Okudah.

Is the rule different in college than in the pros?

He caught the ball took at least three steps and tried to turn upfield but was being held up by the defender.

I thought it was very obviously a catch but again I don't know if there's any significant differences in the rules.

Archived