Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

34 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't like the idea of trading future firsts for non-QBs.  Next year's class looks strong too.  I would rather add 2021 picks than trade them for any package of players/picks in 2020.  If we are trying to maneuver into Simmons's draft range, it needs to be as part of a trade down.

I understand the philosophy, and the 2021 1st would be a very valuable asset.  But much like the Steelers did with Devin bush in this past draft, if you feel like the guy can be a game changer on your defense, it might be worth the gamble.  

I'm putting a 2nd round value on Trent, and with an improved defense that young/Simmons/improved DC would bring, let's say we pick 10th next year.

- 2020 3rd - 66 overall

- Trent Williams - equivalent to Clevelands 2020 2nd - 46 overall

- 2021 1st - 10 overall

A steep price indeed.  But if you strongly feel Simmons could take your defense to new heights, I think giving up that package could be justifiable.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I think it makes for an interesting discussion.   And considering the timeframe from the skins being eliminated to draft day is about 6 months unfortunately, we have a lot of time to dream up these scenarios.

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My current big board:

1) Chase Young/Isaiah Simmons 

2) Okudah

3) if we somehow don’t get one of the above 3 I’ll be confused.

That’s mine too, and I think in that same order with Young 1 to Simmons 1A. If we were to trade back to 5/6 and the above 3 were all off the board, I think my next tier would be Jeudy/Lamb. 

Mistertim, thank you for that post.   This thread is absolutely embarrassing since the game last night. I've followed this forum for years and this is an otherwise educated fanbase.  I feel like Mugatu wondering if I've taken crazy pills just reading comments here.  

It is simple this draft if we get the number 2 pick we pick either Young or Burrow.  You guys want to trade that pick.  Why? It’s either the best DE ever graded in the last ten years or the best franchise QB you could hope for.  So you guys want to trade Lawerence Taylor or Joe Montana potential.  Why?  

You know what’s better than one guitar player is two guitar players.  You know what’s better than one good QB is two of them.  Same with the DE.  

Anything else is ludicrous to think of.  So you guys want to flip a coin with Secretariat but trade that pick.  No let fate play it out.  We could wind up with a potential HOF player and if we don’t get him we will be kicking ourself later.  

Sweat gonna be a beast why not have another beast.  That’s how the eagles did it by building their D line.  And if not we have Burrow if Haskins continues to shine then Burrow will be worth more when a team is begging to get him from us.  His trade value would be worth 3 1st rounders to a desperate team in season.  

I'm in the same group that wasn't blown away by CY's performance last night. As a Clemson fan, I was going into the game worrying about him, but also excited to see what he can do. I'll also admit, I didn't watch many Ohio State games, so I didn't get to see his full body of work. 

Also, we don't know yet who will be doing the picking for us on draft day. A less experienced GM will want to pick a guy like Burrow or CY to make a big splash, whereas an experienced NFL exec might look to trade the pick for multiple other high picks, given how much need we have at so many positions. Bruce Allen will look to use the pick on someone who missed most of the season with a knee injury and is no longer considered a 1st round pick, but will be a steal if he can only get healthy.    

On 5/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, JoggingGod said:

This team isn’t full of holes. The biggest needs will be WR and CB. They should trade down next year and maybe try and re-coup that second.

What are you smoking a wr after the luck we had with that position in the first round.  The ball can only go to so many guys Mclaurin is our guy.   Dude is stupid good.  A wr you might as well draft a overpaid rookie rb too much when the back up is just as good.  Mclaurin and Michael Thomas were 3rd and 5th round picks. 

44 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I'm in the same group that wasn't blown away by CY's performance last night. As a Clemson fan, I was going into the game worrying about him, but also excited to see what he can do. I'll also admit, I didn't watch many Ohio State games, so I didn't get to see his full body of work. 

Also, we don't know yet who will be doing the picking for us on draft day. A less experienced GM will want to pick a guy like Burrow or CY to make a big splash, whereas an experienced NFL exec might look to trade the pick for multiple other high picks, given how much need we have at so many positions. Bruce Allen will look to use the pick on someone who missed most of the season with a knee injury and is no longer considered a 1st round pick, but will be a steal if he can only get healthy.    

Burrow is going to Cincy. It's a 100% no-brainer. They have no QB and he's a complete stud and that last LSU game completely sealed the deal. So we might as well forget about Burrow.

That means Chase Young. That is also a 100% no-brainer. Best pass rushing prospect to come out in the past 10 years. I don't care whether it's a new inexperienced GM or one that's been a GM for 80 years. You simply don't pass on that kind of talent, especially at such an important position. Easiest pick to ever make.

Which means we'll probably **** it up. Because we're the Redskins.

43 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

......might look to trade the pick for multiple other high picks.......1st round pick, but will be a steal if he can only get healthy.    

Like K. Chaisson from LSU??

Also. Any possibility Tua comes out, Miami really wants him, so they give us their latest 1st to secure the #2 pick and we still get Young???

6 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Like K. Chaisson from LSU??

Also. Any possibility Tua comes out, Miami really wants him, so they give us their latest 1st to secure the #2 pick and we still get Young???

Miami will be picking 5th or 6th. By that time Chase Young will already be on a plane to a new team. If we want him we stay at 2. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Miami will be picking 5th or 6th. By that time Chase Young will already be on a plane to a new team. If we want him we stay at 2. 

That's right, for some reason I had them at 3 but Flores has them playing hard lately. What a league! A team we beat, who at at a time this year was looking like one of the worst teams ever, just went into N.E and beat the Patriots....when the pats needed to win to keep from playing on wcw.

1 hour ago, wtfskins said:

What are you smoking a wr after the luck we had with that position in the first round.  The ball can only go to so many guys Mclaurin is our guy.   Dude is stupid good.  A wr you might as well draft a overpaid rookie rb too much when the back up is just as good.  Mclaurin and Michael Thomas were 3rd and 5th round picks. 

Thomas was a 2nd round pick. You might be confusing him with Colston. Either way, I agree...too many needs to draft a WR in the first round in a deep WR class.

2 hours ago, wtfskins said:

How desperate do you have to be to quote something from MAY?

The only way the Redskins don't draft Chase is (1)  He elects to stay in school (2) Some team makes them an offer too good to pass up.  I think both are unlikely.  Teams don't usually jump up that far unless it is for a QB.  If some team is still in love with Tus and they believe they need to get ahead of Miami at 5 it's possible.  Go ahead and preorder your Chase jerseys.  I will defer my own observations and go with the folks that get paid to assess talent.  Chase on one side and Sweat on the other looks pretty strong.  

31 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Take Chase Young. Its literally a no brainer.

when I was watching Sweat create havoc today, I had fantasies of seeing Young paired up with Sweat.  I saw some Redskins fan say on twitter the fact that we have Sweat is why we don't draft Young.   My take is the opposite.  That's why you do it. 

The Giants when they won SBs had Strahan and Osi and Tuck and Kiwanuka.  That foiled Tom Brady and they won a SB.  the Eagles had a killer D line the year they beat the Patriots and won a SB. 

A killer D line is as essential to winning as a killer O line.  Kill it in the trenches.   

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

when I was watching Sweat create havoc today, I had fantasies of seeing Young paired up with Sweat.  I saw some Redskins fan say on twitter the fact that we have Sweat is why we don't draft Young.   My take is the opposite.  That's why you do it. 

The Giants when they won SBs had Strahan and Osi and Tuck and Kiwanuka.  That foiled Tom Brady and they won a SB.  the Eagles had a killer D line the year they beat the Patriots and won a SB. 

A killer D line is as essential to winning as a killer O line.  Kill it in the trenches.   

Yeah, with the right coach a lineup of  Sweat == Ioan/Payne/Allen -- Young could be the thing of nightmares for opposing offenses. I think the saying of "you can never have enough good pass rushers" really is true. Especially if you have the chance at possibly the best pass rushing prospect to come out in the last 10 years. 

Archived