Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Lawrence is incredible.  If they win this game, the match up against Burrow has the potential to be legendary.

Win or lose, Okudah was dominant tonight.  The second best player on the field after Lawrence tonight.  I was hoping to see more of both him and Chase Young next round, but if they can't come back from this deficit, we've seen enough to know those guys are studs.  Okudah is a no-brainer top five talent.  He deserves to be the fourth guy off the board.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Tough loss for OSU.  At least now Young won't tear an ACL or something in the Championship game once we lock up the 2nd overall pick.  Knowing our luck, that definitely would have happened. 

Actually our luck would have it happen in OTAs.   

Lawrence is one helluva damn good looking QB. 

good game between two really good teams.  Hopefully the LSU Clemson will eclipse this one.  

Like @clskinsfannoted, Clemson had a great game plan for Chase Young tonight. Young was beating his guys all night long but it didn't really matter because Clemson was throwing quick passes away from him and Lawrence was running away from him immediately on most passing downs.

One thing I'm a bit worried about.....what if Young decides that he REALLY wants to try for a championship again and goes back to school for his senior year? MAN that would sting like a mothe****er. I just hope he's smart enough to realize how high he's going and how much money he'll be making and that a possible injury next season could hurt that. But who knows.

I'm not an expert and I didn't stay at a holiday in last night, but I've seen Chase play 2 games (Michigan and Clemson) and for the most part he was not a factor.  Tonight I saw a bunch of plays with a pathetic level of effort.  I understand they are chipping and doubling some, but I saw a bunch of times he could not beat the tackle one on one.  Great against lesser opponents; disappears against the better teams.  Everybody's better in the NFL.  I don't see either Bosa brother when I see him; he doesn't have the motor.  I hope he decides to stay in school and pursue a National Championship so we don't draft him #2.  If he turns out to be what McShay says I'll admit I'm wrong; but I don't see it.

1 minute ago, evmiii said:

I'm not an expert and I didn't stay at a holiday in last night, but I've seen Chase play 2 games (Michigan and Clemson) and for the most part he was not a factor.  Tonight I saw a bunch of plays with a pathetic level of effort.  I understand they are chipping and doubling some, but I saw a bunch of times he could not beat the tackle one on one.  Great against lesser opponents; disappears against the better teams.  Everybody's better in the NFL.  I don't see either Bosa brother when I see him; he doesn't have the motor.  I hope he decides to stay in school and pursue a National Championship so we don't draft him #2.  If he turns out to be what McShay says I'll admit I'm wrong; but I don't see it.

Posted this earlier and saw a similar pattern in the second half, he played ultra lazy today, if this is how he gets up for a big game count me out on wanting any part of it - #2 pick in the draft needs to be highly driven - the physical attributes tend to even out at the NFL level.  We already have one ohio state player that needed "help" getting motivated, we dont need another one.. PASS

3 minutes ago, evmiii said:

This is a ludicrous thing to say considering that his two best games were against their two highest ranked opponents of the year (Wisconsin and PSU).

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One thing I'm a bit worried about.....what if Young decides that he REALLY wants to try for a championship again and goes back to school for his senior year? MAN that would sting like a mothe****er. I just hope he's smart enough to realize how high he's going and how much money he'll be making and that a possible injury next season could hurt that. But who knows. 

He's not going to go back to school.  He's going to be the second or third overall pick.  He's a great player.  But he's also not the messianic superhero that all of the bat**** crazy hype in this thread and around the internet has made him out to be.

3 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Posted this earlier and saw a similar pattern in the second half, he played ultra lazy today, if this is how he gets up for a big game count me out on wanting any part of it - #2 pick in the draft needs to be highly driven - the physical attributes tend to even out at the NFL level.  We already have one ohio state player that needed "help" getting motivated, we dont need another one.. PASS

This is like saying that a team should pass on a possible generational talent at QB because he had one mediocre game where he threw a couple of picks. Or a generational talent at WR because he had a couple of drops in a game. I've watched every single cutup of Young that's out there multiple times and the guy is simply dominant. No pass rusher gets to the QB every time but Young has the highest rate of pressures on passing downs that PFF has ever measured and it isn't even close. He faces double teams on almost every passing play and still manages to get to the QB regularly. When a team is dumb enough to single him it's usually no contest. 

Urban Meyer was doing an analysis of him and he was talking about how he's simply so dominant that you can almost never single block him. Ever. You'd be a moron if you did.

But what does he know? You say he's lazy and doesn't play big in big games against good teams (despite the numbers saying that's not true) and want to pass on him. I'll always go with your hot take instead of, oh, literally EVERY other sports analyst and coach out there.

This is the 4th game I've seen Ohio State play this year. In all four combined, Young had ONE sack. When he plays the big boys, he does not dominate. He does not hustle every play, over penetrates and is not good when running at him. He is overhyped in my opinion. He beats up on weaker teams/players but does not dominate the big boys. 

that's all he'll face in the NFL...the big boys and the best boys. IMO, I'd rather trade down to the Dolphins who has three first round picks  or the raiders who have 2 first rounders and package our firs pick (the #2) pick with Trent Williams for their 2 first rounders, and 2nd this year and first next year. We'll lose Williams anyway, as he will never play another down for us, so let's get 4 picks for 2. and a player .I would go Okudah or Delpit with that first pick trade and then with the other first round pick, the best WR available, (higgins or jefferson should be available) . n the 2nd round, the best OT left in the draft  (should be some good ones at this pick) and 3rd round best TE

available. We address 4 major needs and have 2 first rounders for next year. THIS is how you build a (team.

We have four solid rookie WRs, we have the rbacks. DL and decent linebackers. We can pick up some Edge Rushers in free agency and possibly another OL

The Redskins have until April to decide if they want to draft him or trade down for multiple picks.  No matter what anyone says, they have to do their diligence to determine if Young is a generational talent or not in their eyes.

FWIW, no player (college or pro) dominates every play of every game unless they are playing against inferior competition.

3 minutes ago, Macster said:

This is the 4th game I've seen Ohio State play this year. In all four combined, Young had ONE sack. When he plays the big boys, he does not dominate. He does not hustle every play, over penetrates and is not good when running at him. He is overhyped in my opinion. He beats up on weaker teams/players but does not dominate the big boys. 

that's all he'll face in the NFL...the big boys and the best boys.

As I mentioned above this is literally/factually false. His two best games were against their highest ranked opponents. He had 4 sacks against Wisconsin and 3 sacks against PSU, both of which are top 10 teams. Please stop spreading disinformation. 

15 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

I agree 100%

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Like @clskinsfannoted, Clemson had a great game plan for Chase Young tonight. Young was beating his guys all night long but it didn't really matter because Clemson was throwing quick passes away from him and Lawrence was running away from him immediately on most passing downs.

Not a chance top 2 pick big money. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As I mentioned above this is literally/factually false. His two best games were against their highest ranked opponents. He had 4 sacks against Wisconsin and 3 sacks against PSU, both of which are top 10 teams. Please stop spreading disinformation. 

and the michigan game, rematch against wisconsin and clemson, 0 sacks and no real impact. you are obviously a YOUNG homer and a stat hound. Kirk Cousins, just by looking at their stats should be all pros, but they are not. 

6 minutes ago, Macster said:

and the michigan game, rematch against wisconsin and clemson, 0 sacks and no real impact. you are obviously a YOUNG homer and a stat hound. Kirk Cousins, just by looking at their stats should be all pros, but they are not. 

You said something patently false and I called you on it, and now you feel the need to attack me personally? You said Young beat up on inferior teams and did nothing against the better ones. That was a lie (or you just didn't know). Also having no sacks isn't the same as having no impact. Pressures, and teams having to keep extra guys in to block you makes a difference. 

And yes, not every pass rusher gets sacks every game, no matter the competition...that has to do with game planning, and other possible factors. Remember when that loser Khalil Mack (whatever happened to him, isn't he working at McDonalds now?) got zero sacks in his two most important games at the end of his college career? Or when that bum Von Miller started out his final year at A&M with four consecutive games with no sacks?

You say I'm a "stat hound" out of one side of your mouth but then try to use stats when talking out the other side to prove your point. 

Archived